madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I only played through to finding the Trader due to work but first impressions:

-- new graphics are nice and detailed

-- the spear rocks - my new favorite so far.

-- thanks for changing the starter quest to reduced frames, fiber, clothing, etc.

-- Buzzards are more aggressive and fun.

I have lots of new loot to figure out. back online later - just getting one of my servers running "ZombieLand Texas - Default level"

I'm not able to play the game anymore, if i set the graphics options to low is the same as if i set them to ultra. The game is unplayable, not able to play even at 10 fps! With a17 i was playing all in ultra!

The problem seems to be full texture, i have to play it with the texture on "eight".

My Specs:

Gpu: Gtx 1060 3gb

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3200

Ram: 16 Gb DDR5

SSD

1080p

Well in a17 i had in medium settings around 50-60 fps on 1080p. Full textures low shadows.

A18 is 10 fps with Full textures, everything down to 0, 1080p. I had to reduce texute to half to even get 40fps.

To be able to play this experimental im stuck with 720p and half textures. So in terms of quality nothing changed for me. :(

Also items looks terrible if you reduce textures. So to everyone with 2gb memory cards. We will need to upgrade.

MM, I was just throwing a 17-pound "grippr" sandbag around, and it gave me an idea: what if there was a machine that launched similarly weighed sandbags at your upper body, kind of like a tennis ball launcher but slower? Do you think that could be useful for training for a punchy hand-to-hand combat sport like boxing?

We found something that could help dramatically.

Yea, I thought something must be up, don´t have a beast PC, but dipping into 30s on medium to low settings just seemed off.

MSI GeForce 1060 Gaming X 6Gb

Intel Xeon E3-1231v3

2x 8Gb 1600 DDR 3

Samsung 850 EVO

Remember when it was said that A17 was better than A16 in performance-terms?

LMFAO....ouch...stop don't make me laugh so hard!

I think I know why this happens or did happen in A17. I do not think TFP test the game on low end computers. Only on all there top end graphics card. I could be wrong but everyone I personally asked regarding there hardware, especially the QA testers, they test this out on high end computers.

I think its time they invest in a few crap computer so that testing of the graphics can be done on several different rigs sporting different hardware and not just the high end computers.

Well, performance-wise - this is the worst the game has ever ran for me. Every PC we play the game on has a severe drop in performance compared to before. I suppose when they made all their optimizations they just put all that overhead onto other things, bogged it right back down and maybe even went overboard? Game is just using way too much VRAM and CPU spikes are all over the place.

Well, performance-wise - this is the worst the game has ever ran for me. Every PC we play the game on has a severe drop in performance compared to before. I suppose when they made all their optimizations they just put all that overhead onto other things, bogged it right back down and maybe even went overboard? Game is just using way too much VRAM and CPU spikes are all over the place.

See, I told ya :)

THere's something obvious that is an easy fix. I just hope they can do it today before people's first impressions get badly damaged.

See, I told ya :)

THere's something obvious that is an easy fix. I just hope they can do it today before people's first impressions get badly damaged.

its an experimental so people need to have some realistic exceptions in life.... first impressions should not be placed on the experimental build.

Here is a link to a tutorial I wrote up back in A17 on how to do a clean uninstll and a fresh install of 7 Days To Die.

"Instruction for a clean uninstall and fresh install of 7D2d Windows10"

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?96250-Instruction-for-a-clean-uninstall-and-fresh-install-of-7D2d-Windows10

Delete the crap thats in the data folders!

I also have performance losses when in open terrain.

In the console there are several warning messages occurring when the FPS tank:

"Detail rendering shaders not found for the active rendering pileline, falling back to default shader".

Could be just a missing shader in the end...

-----

The RWG terrain looks good btw. Good job on that.

When Alpha 17 was released I couldn't play on my older PC anymore and I had low fps even on the new one. After several updates, my performance was greatly improved. This Alpha 18 isn't exactly fast, but it's not horrible so far and I trust they will improve the performance again!

When Alpha 17 was released I couldn't play on my older PC anymore and I had low fps even on the new one. After several updates, my performance was greatly improved. This Alpha 18 isn't exactly fast, but it's not horrible so far and I trust they will improve the performance again!

Yeah, I'm sure they will improve it some too. I wasn't being negative. But, if you have a problem with the game's performance..now is the time to speak up about it..which is all I was doing.

I thought the roads in A18 would be better than those in A17? They are.. Not, I think.

They aren't perfect, but I think they are better. I haven't seen a ton of huge drop offs or massive walls blocking things. We will improve them.

Archived