Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Recent reviews on Steam are going into the 'mixed' range.. Hmm.. Here's to hoping there's a quick hotfix to the FPS problems. Else the soft landing will not be soft.

- - - Updated - - -

When I saw how the game looks (even with lowered settings) this evening , there was this (

) video that I remembered about and it made me appreciate how far it got from back then. It is constant improvement, fps will be a problem till the proper balance is made.

#thanks Skippy0330

So good, the guns feel grand !

Wish kind of we had a lean mechanic so I could peep behind walls etc... ;)

My RWG map is great, looks gorgous...

I noticed the AA I have on in game yet seeing some serious jaggies.... and reason ?

Probably terrain splat maps, I hear we need to move to linear color space lighting to get rid of it.

And lots of boating. Is your new avatar a hint for A19....? :) :) :)

Happy Birthday as well!

Maybe after water is fixed and we get some RWG controls that dictate how much water the map is made of would rafts/boats start to make sense.

many players are complaining about Performance.

I can't say I am seeing them. I am running HD (1920x1080) with HIGH or MAX on most settings and I am getting 55-60fps. with VSync off.

hardware:

- i7-7700K at 4.2G - 4 cores

- 32G of RAM

- 2x 512G SSDs

- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I can't complain although even with motion blur off there seems to be motion blur - might be a BUG.

Performance is fine for me, however I get something worse... https://streamable.com/7khpm

Got the 5700. Haven't seen artifacts in various other games I play and this didn't happen in A17. The artifacts appear only on ground textures (not houses etc). Tried underclocking, various drivers and graphics settings, re-installing the game, but no luck.

The new growl of dogs ... Fortunately I have spare underwear.

The wolves and the coyotes who run away when they are injured ... it's excellent: it's much less easy to have free food now.

My inventory is full of crap ... which seems to me indispensable. I just love it.

I have no fps issues, and my PC is pretty common (for gaming):

- w10

- Ryzen 5 2600 x6

- Nvidea 1060 6gb

- 16 gb ram

- 1920x1080

So far it runs great and looks great.

Just finished the trader quest and I have been inside houses and out...so far getting a pretty steady 110 to 120 fps with a 2060 gfx. Great job Joel and crew. I don't have shadows on or sun shafts most stuff turn to medium. I will try maxing everything out to see what I get then. Hopefully those having trouble will get help from patches. Best of luck to all.

Recent reviews on Steam are going into the 'mixed' range.. Hmm.. Here's to hoping there's a quick hotfix to the FPS problems. Else the soft landing will not be soft.!

Btw, Steam users reviews are in fact irrelevant. The is this player that says he played 100 hours and made this bad review. Around 100 people liked his opinion and very few disagreed. Most of them read first words and hit the like button, without even trying it.

A 100 hour player experience is something I respect for sure, but having expectations away from the developer`s way of view and leaving a bad review is useless. Don`t mind them guys.

Performance is fine for me, however I get something worse... https://streamable.com/7khpm

Got the 5700. Haven't seen artifacts in various other games I play and this didn't happen in A17. The artifacts appear only on ground textures (not houses etc). Tried underclocking, various drivers and graphics settings, re-installing the game, but no luck.

Update your drivers?

Radeon Users got no love this update ?

-I get several errors with it, newly created maps, even 4k ones have that abnormal cliff like seen in prevoius pictures

radeon.jpg.f4e10894e3e47ca119f9fe5e9da1da43.jpg

This is only a 4K map!

-starting a map gives me error like this:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed

ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - Setting to default shader.

followed by this:

Detail rendering shaders not found for the active render pipeline, falling back to default shader.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Terrain/Public/DetailRenderer.cpp Line: 66)

Its a Radeon RX580 with 8 GB. Did no one test with such hardware ?

Edit: Did file a bug report.

System specs?

Maybe after water is fixed and we get some RWG controls that dictate how much water the map is made of would rafts/boats start to make sense.

A water world with the tops of sky scrappers jutting out. Tiny Alcatraz islands where bandits set up camp. Speckled landmasses rare and valuable. Endless zombies coming from the ocean.

Do I really need to say how amazing this would be?

Archived