madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

8K RWG maps currently don't work with Radeon

Yeah, just caught up. Ah well.

54 minutes, 40 seconds for full generation of the server on 8 cores of Xeon E5-2640v1. Going to play almost exclusively on that though, so not too concerned about the Radeon RWG for myself.

A little change I did in regards to zombie thinning I thought I would mention now. I didn't want to promise it until it went live:

There might be less zombies on day 1, but I added night time zombies with a small chance for ferals to spawn at night (bringing back fear to night time), and staggered the respawn delay so its more performant and less "dead time", so overall there will be more zombies by far than in any previous version, just not more alive all at once in one area eating cpu for no reason.

Oohh 15 mins for a default sized map to render.

Off the bat, any one getting a lot of Blurry textures in an A18 game ?

Turn off texture streaming. Unless that option was removed theres going to be a lot of blurry games out there.

Also am i the only one who downloaded A17 server files? Are a18 ones up yet?

Ok I was super excited watching streamers play and having it look awesome, now I'm pretty bummed I can't play with full textures on. Looks like crap at half compared to full and with A17 I could play with full textures and by adjusting other settings get well over 100 FPS and still have it look great. Now I cant play at all with it at full textures. It's just choppier than hell. :upset:

I have A GTX 1050 SC, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, and 32 GB of RAM.

Ok I was super excited watching streamers play and having it look awesome, now I'm pretty bummed I can't play with full textures on. Looks like crap at half compared to full and with A17 I could play with full textures and by adjusting other settings get well over 100 FPS and still have it look great. Now I cant play at all with it at full textures. It's just choppier than hell. :upset:

If a RWG map was generated, there is a known bug where it will artificially lower the quality of the textures. To remedy this, simply close out the game then continue on your RWG save game. We are looking into the cause of this.

A little change I did in regards to zombie thinning I thought I would mention now. I didn't want to promise it until it went live:

There might be less zombies on day 1, but I added night time zombies with a small chance for ferals to spawn at night (bringing back fear to night time), and staggered the respawn delay so its more performant and less "dead time", so overall there will be more zombies by far than in any previous version, just not more alive all at once in one area eating cpu for no reason.

I love u.

Turn off texture streaming. Unless that option was removed theres going to be a lot of blurry games out there.

Also am i the only one who downloaded A17 server files? Are a18 ones up yet?

Just restart the game, after generating a world the textures do not always get released properly. Do not turn off texture streaming unless you have an 8 gig card or higher, or turn down the graphics to medium or so. I think it uses 6 gigs without streaming enabled.

I'd try restarting with streaming enabled with high, and work your way down to lower texture settings before disabling streaming.

Everyone should restart your game immediately after generating a rwg map before saying its slow or choppy.

If a RWG map was generated, there is a known bug where it will artificially lower the quality of the textures. To remedy this, simply close out the game then continue on your RWG save game. We are looking into the cause of this.

I'm playing pregen1. I'm removing reshade and old saves and verifying, hoping it gets better

Archived