When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Roland

When will A17 Experimental be released 4?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Build 162 updating to internal testers tonight.

What does this mean? Is that build feature complete and only bug testing is left (hence the testers info)?

Or is this just another "normal" build with features still being added (because then the info that this build is going to testers would not be relevant and gives no clues how long it may take)?

I’m not trying to give clues about how long it will take. I’m just giving an update about what build number they are on for those who don’t watch it themselves.

I think this is a clue.....hmmmm but what does it mean......he's not trying to give them but doesn't say he isn't giving them.....sneaky Roland....

HL3 Confirmed......

They've been working on 17 for so long, Hope it lives up to the hype and the wait! I hope they listen and understand where many of the comments and videos come from. We aren't trying to attack the game and be haters. Lots of people feel a certain way and that can hurt any reputation. I hope after 17 they start being more organized and constant with everything they do. the fans love this game so much, that's why we get so disappointed and frustrated.

They've been working on 17 for so long, Hope it lives up to the hype and the wait! I hope they listen and understand where many of the comments and videos come from. We aren't trying to attack the game and be haters. Lots of people feel a certain way and that can hurt any reputation. I hope after 17 they start being more organized and constant with everything they do. the fans love this game so much, that's why we get so disappointed and frustrated.

I agree with you on the hope that the hype isn't misplaced. The comments and such on what people like versus what they don't are legitimate, and should be heard (even if not acted upon). The problem is that there ARE a lot of people who are attacking the game, and are behaving like "haters." The reality is that even if a lot of people feel a certain way...that doesn't make them right. Sure, TFP could be more organized and more communicative -- and I hope they grow in that direction. However, as someone who has worked in customer service, and who runs my own business as a graphic designer (in addition to holding down a dayjob in the same field), I am all too aware of how feedback can poison an individual's desire to interact.

The simple fact is that a lot of the people grousing here are toxic as heck, and that does NOT create an environment that is conducive to communication. Now, you can say that the Pimps need to "just deal with it," or "it's part of the job," or any other of a litany of justifications.

And they'd all be wrong.

TFP are obligated to absolutely nothing. This isn't me whiteknighting for them; it's me speaking from experience as a freelancer. If I contractually obligate myself to working for a client, my only obligation is to the terms of the contract. I CAN go above and beyond expectations or obligations...but I don't HAVE to. This forum, and its attendant ability to allow us to give feedback, is not a "right" we have as purchasers of the game. It's a privilege that TFP have extended to us, and it's one that many people have begun TREATING as if it's an obligation on the part of the devs. It isn't.

And therein lies the major problem. People assuming that they have a right to something that ISN'T a right, but a privilege. They come in here and they grouse. They name-call. They impugn the integrity of the devs and the moderators. They threaten. They go on Steam and they bolster bad reviews.

Why would anyone expect this to make the Fun Pimps WANT to interact any more than they do?

If you love this game so much (and I've no doubt you do)...then be a part of the solution. Wanna know how to do that?

Accept your frustration and disappointment. Realize that life will be full of both. And then come here, be an encourager. Talk about what you like and what you dislike, but do it in a respectful, courteous, constructive manner.

I think we'd all be amazed at the changes we'd see. Across the board.

I agree with you on the hope that the hype isn't misplaced. The comments and such on what people like versus what they don't are legitimate, and should be heard (even if not acted upon). The problem is that there ARE a lot of people who are attacking the game, and are behaving like "haters." The reality is that even if a lot of people feel a certain way...that doesn't make them right. Sure, TFP could be more organized and more communicative -- and I hope they grow in that direction. However, as someone who has worked in customer service, and who runs my own business as a graphic designer (in addition to holding down a dayjob in the same field), I am all too aware of how feedback can poison an individual's desire to interact.

The simple fact is that a lot of the people grousing here are toxic as heck, and that does NOT create an environment that is conducive to communication. Now, you can say that the Pimps need to "just deal with it," or "it's part of the job," or any other of a litany of justifications.

And they'd all be wrong.

TFP are obligated to absolutely nothing. This isn't me whiteknighting for them; it's me speaking from experience as a freelancer. If I contractually obligate myself to working for a client, my only obligation is to the terms of the contract. I CAN go above and beyond expectations or obligations...but I don't HAVE to. This forum, and its attendant ability to allow us to give feedback, is not a "right" we have as purchasers of the game. It's a privilege that TFP have extended to us, and it's one that many people have begun TREATING as if it's an obligation on the part of the devs. It isn't.

And therein lies the major problem. People assuming that they have a right to something that ISN'T a right, but a privilege. They come in here and they grouse. They name-call. They impugn the integrity of the devs and the moderators. They threaten. They go on Steam and they bolster bad reviews.

Why would anyone expect this to make the Fun Pimps WANT to interact any more than they do?

If you love this game so much (and I've no doubt you do)...then be a part of the solution. Wanna know how to do that?

Accept your frustration and disappointment. Realize that life will be full of both. And then come here, be an encourager. Talk about what you like and what you dislike, but do it in a respectful, courteous, constructive manner.

Not to be the killjoy here, but in what way does either of these comments have to do about A17 and not tied to being critical of the Devs? Roland made it clear there are other places this off-topic conversation can be had, right?

Not to be the killjoy here, but in what way does either of these comments have to do about A17 and not tied to being critical of the Devs? Roland made it clear there are other places this off-topic conversation can be had, right?

Yes, and I'm not at all offended if the comments get moved there. The original comment was made here, which means here is the only place where I could make my response, as I do not have the power myself to move those comments.

Does your own comment add to or take away from this conversation? Or have anything to do with A17 itself? I wasn't attempting to ignore or subvert the forum rules at all...simply responding to the comment, as it was already posted, in the only place I could respond. Here.

And they'd all be wrong.

Really good points here, thank you very much for seeing my point of view. I was to be positive and constructive! I wanna have a better view of the pimps and the game and hope both the players and devs can meet in the middle with that :) There is room for all of us to improve!

You had me until.. :

a bit altruistic for me tbh. I just want to play the game again. I vent my frustrations on this forum only. Consumers have the right to complain.

Just take a break from the forum lol. I can't believe people are still hammering on about release date of A17 after it has been postponed so much. The dev team has clearly run into massive challenges with their own estimates, they're probably in some form of development hell.

The more the forums light up with frustration, the more likely it is that this will be the last alpha to be released. If that is your goal, sure go ahead, but I'd think people would have better things to spend their time on. Come back in 6 months, the alpha might have been out for a bit by then and the worst bugs might be squashed as well.

Just take a break from the forum lol. I can't believe people are still hammering on about release date of A17 after it has been postponed so much. The dev team has clearly run into massive challenges with their own estimates, they're probably in some form of development hell.

The more the forums light up with frustration, the more likely it is that this will be the last alpha to be released. If that is your goal, sure go ahead, but I'd think people would have better things to spend their time on. Come back in 6 months, the alpha might have been out for a bit by then and the worst bugs might be squashed as well.

When will A17 release?

[since people on this thread seem to have voiced frustrations about the release and all that]

I've barely logged in for the last few months purely because a few months ago i was under the impression that A17 was "just around the corner" and it felt like any work i did on my playthroughs were going to be null and void anytime now. I will play A17 but i have lost a LOT of interest in just logging in but i do check the forum most days to see what news there is [and always seems to be more delays which will always generate more "meh" amongst a lot of people].

[since people on this thread seem to have voiced frustrations about the release and all that]

I've barely logged in for the last few months purely because a few months ago i was under the impression that A17 was "just around the corner" and it felt like any work i did on my playthroughs were going to be null and void anytime now. I will play A17 but i have lost a LOT of interest in just logging in but i do check the forum most days to see what news there is [and always seems to be more delays which will always generate more "meh" amongst a lot of people].

Well, when they say "we're getting pretty close" and then they call all streamers to get ready for streaming Alpha 17 and then keep them waiting for such a long time that usually they have a whole new Alpha version finished in that time, you kinda realize that we're not quite done waiting yet lol

Wait, your post made me want to give him a new nickname, "Steam Roland"!

Trolland

Steam Roland

or....

Orakleland !!!!

Dear Orakleland, we worship your wisdom and ask you,

Will A 17 experimental be released in November?

( or could you just ask MM... but dont forget ear protection^^)

Archived