When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Roland

When will A17 Experimental be released 4?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Like, I get that TFP want to have a release of something they are proud of, and want the A17e release to be exciting and want to surprise us with content. But is it really worth it if A17e doesn't release until 16 or 18 months since the last one, while saying it will release reasonably soon 8 months after they're last update. Yes, everyone who owns the game will try A17 whenever the heck it releases because it's FREE so why not.

I argue their reputation was sacrificed in the process. Unorganized vids that make it seem like TFPs are incompetent, noob devs at their own game at least 4 months delay after a 12 month wait...

Yea an all these early access games I bought into like the Forest ? How often do I play that game?long time ago in a time long forgotten. How many hrs do I have into it? 15hrs and how many in 7Days? 1421 hum interesting comparison. Threw all they hype and crap Thats what games like The Forest is to me crap.

The Forest came into early access on May 2014 a year later then 7D2D, and i advice you to take a look at it now because it also evolved a lot with regular updates.

-----

Maybe TFP can take a look at Rust because they also use the Unity engine and for some reason their releases are much more predictable then 7D2D.

Each release brings more changes. Be it graphical, content, or whatever. But they do so without requiring 14+ Months of delays. And no excuse can be made because its:

* also a small team

* they also use the exact same Unity Engine

* making a game with building out of blocks

* generated terrain

* food / survival

* crafting items

* resource gathering

* RPG elements

* Enemy animal that can be harvested

* Radiation / Suits

* Halloween events

* Traps / Autoguns / etc

* etc...

So the only thing missing is the Voxel terrain and AI based enemies ( what they have in the form of AI based choppers ). But they also beat 7D2D on other parts with a more mature MP netcode, Vehicles like boats, balloons, etc. Actually, the AI based Zombies are also present because its a Halloween event.

Now take a look at this:

https://rust.facepunch.com/changes/

Looks a bit more professional then some posts on a forum.

Or this:

https://rust.facepunch.com/blog/

Compared to the lackluster "news" that 7D2D website is. The 4th news post is from 2017!!

So the excuses about defending TFP how other games can not do X or Y is irrelevant when you have a game that has almost all the same core mechanics, same engine, same small team as TFPs.

When the Rust developers can put out a update every month but it takes TFPs 8 months, then 14+ months, ... The fact is very simply: There is a issue with project management internally at TFPs.

We don't trust in pimps. Every time madmole say he will release a video he is lying. Now months will pass before another one.. as usual. A18 will be released in 2021.

It's brutal. Their whole operation.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I did not realize how cyclical this forum, specifically this thread, can get. Quick! Someone go back in the the thread and find what the next most common topic following TFP not being fast enough with updates/late on estimates and throw it out here to keep this ball rolling. Was it random obscure feature that should be added or a Roland "troland" comment? I vote AI discussion, its always more fun with Fataal in here.

Enough has been said about this game, imo. Release an update and then let's talk about that and future updates. It way past due

I'd prefer they not waste time doing this and get A17e all tho I'm not against some lets play from the fun pimps show casing some things while we wait. Hint to madmole: About video time.

Recording your self every time you test just to get bloopers is a waste of time working on a project cause time goes into recording every time you test. All tho just a random lets play show case is simple fast and not time consuming during work hrs.

It's as if a little prep time to get things in order before hitting record would kill him. It's clear they don't have a marketing or PR department cause it's amateur hour. "oh wait, I dont know what this is, I don't know if that's been implemented. It's been 16 months since last update and we're still spitballing... But soon guys.. soon." give me break.

It's as if a little prep time to get things in order before hitting record would kill him. It's clear they don't have a marketing or PR department cause it's amateur hour. "oh wait, I dont know what this is, I don't know if that's been implemented. It's been 16 months since last update and we're still spitballing... But soon guys.. soon." give me break.

You know what? I'm sick of your whining, please, please do take a break.

Do we have any idea when A17 will come out? Before 2019? It's killing me hahaha

People here like to cite the "you signed up for early access" rhetoric. But delayed releases scheduled for 1 year from the last - delays at least 4 months in, for an update to a game; not a new game - is kind ridiculous even in the realm of early access. Nervous laughs aside, TFP reputation is deeply tarnished.

I've bought into to many games that now days I bootleg and test and if I like I buy it. If no bootleg I ignore the game cause I hate nothing more than wasting my money.

But Madmole I have a Idea for you guys it is a very good Idea. I think all devs should do this now days but with 7 days and the way it is made it is easy to set up.

You'll need a demo....Yea its a stolen idea demos been around for years but 7 days should be easy to make to give people a small taste so they can try before they buy.

Make a small mini sized section kind of like nav "small chunk or 2" few trees 1 small town and have random hordes come in as a demo. I think if there is still anyone on the wagon a demo like that would get them interested to try it out.

People shouldn't have to bootleg to be honest to try a game out. I did when I first found out about minecraft when it came out. I bootlegged it played it for like 5 hrs then went to mojang site and bought it. I do this now days.

Only reason I say this is because over time I've been burnt so many times from alphas since 7 days was on kick starter that now if you had put 7 days out today and not way back then , I'd bootleg it to test it out first to be honest. Not a lot of devs have followed the good path and progress you'll have done and maintained.

Been to many cash grabs that followed in the days so many people are skeptical now days so if there are people on the bench about 7 Days and there are many probably and many who are to afraid to bootleg like me and others to test that want ever get to play a amazing game you'll made.

You know steam has refunds right?

- - - Updated - - -

Snip
So the only two things missing are voxel and ai... two of the biggest mechanisms of the game lol

You know what? I'm sick of your whining, please, please do take a break.

Whatever you may call it, it's also stating the facts. This is a forum thread to discuss A17. I'm doing just that while also being respectful to the rules of the forum. These are grievances a significant portion of the community have. Roland has been courteous in attempting to address them but he can fix the blunders of an organization with the wave of his hand, unfortunately. And people are dismayed by TFP' operation and handling of information releases. You can't say one thing and not follow through or do something that appears amateurish and not expect flake for it

Whatever you may call it, it's also stating the facts. This is a forum thread to discuss A17. I'm doing just that while also being respectful to the rules of the forum. These are grievances a significant portion of the community have. Roland has been courteous in attempting to address them but he can fix an entire organization with the wave of his hand, unfortunately. And people are dismayed by TFP' operation.

It's a game.... play something else, A17 will come in it's own time. There are way more important things in life to be worried about.

I play games for fun, not to get get stressed out and angry. That's what work is for. :)

People here like to cite the "you signed up for early access" rhetoric. But delayed releases scheduled for 1 year from the last - delays at least 4 months in, for an update to a game; not a new game - is kind ridiculous even in the realm of early access. Nervous laughs aside, TFP reputation is deeply tarnished.

We cite it because it's true. The reality is that A16.4 is, while not perfect, something that could be considered a finished product when held up to other game releases, had TFP just wanted to do a cash-grab. As someone with nearly 1500 hours in game-time in 7D, I can say that pretty confidently. However, they continue to work on the game---updating systems, changing systems to be more in line with what they envisioned, adding new content and expanding on older content, introducing new systems and improvements. And sure, there are any number of reasons to grouse about the timeframe...yet...

This is Early Access. As you so snarkily wanted to point out. It's not just "rhetoric;" it's the actual fact of the situation. Those of us playing right now signed up for early access. Now, you can dislike the fact that that early access did not come with any sort of real, tangible timeline, but you don't get to decide the timeline, TFP do. And those of us who enjoy the game as-is, and who are looking forward to its continued development are perfectly fine to let TFP work out the kinks how they wish, in the timeframe they wish. If you're not...may I suggest building your own game, and shutting up with the entitled, self-aggrandizing talk of what you find "ridiculous"?

In before someone accuses me of "white-knighting" for TFP: I'm not thrilled with the delays, either. I'm sure there are things that could have been done better. But the reality is that TFP are not obligated to any sort of timeframe in this early access. So stop trying to layer your own over the entire thing, and either wait patiently for the next release, or move the heck on.

The constant belittling of a development team whose game you claim to care about pisses me off to no end.

We cite it because it's true. The reality is that A16.4 is, while not perfect, something that could be considered a finished product when held up to other game releases, had TFP just wanted to do a cash-grab. As someone with nearly 1500 hours in game-time in 7D, I can say that pretty confidently. However, they continue to work on the game---updating systems, changing systems to be more in line with what they envisioned, adding new content and expanding on older content, introducing new systems and improvements. And sure, there are any number of reasons to grouse about the timeframe...yet...

This is Early Access. As you so snarkily wanted to point out. It's not just "rhetoric;" it's the actual fact of the situation. Those of us playing right now signed up for early access. Now, you can dislike the fact that that early access did not come with any sort of real, tangible timeline, but you don't get to decide the timeline, TFP do. And those of us who enjoy the game as-is, and who are looking forward to its continued development are perfectly fine to let TFP work out the kinks how they wish, in the timeframe they wish. If you're not...may I suggest building your own game, and shutting up with the entitled, self-aggrandizing talk of what you find "ridiculous"?

In before someone accuses me of "white-knighting" for TFP: I'm not thrilled with the delays, either. I'm sure there are things that could have been done better. But the reality is that TFP are not obligated to any sort of timeframe in this early access. So stop trying to layer your own over the entire thing, and either wait patiently for the next release, or move the heck on.

The constant belittling of a development team whose game you claim to care about pisses me off to no end.

Yeah, I would have said it that eloquently too had I not already had a long day at work and a few beers. :)

The only difference are Voxel and AI ..... I wet myself laffing at the absurdity of that. Gads i can't even com up with a great response, perhaps THe US has nukes and soap while there are countries in the world that still don't have those and humans live there

This is the part that gets me too. Criticism is fine, but when a single user comes to the same thread and posts 3 or 4 messages within the hour repeatedly calling the dev team "amateurs" or "noobs" while stating that he is being respectful, that upsets me, especially when *everything* that the user posts is that kind of stuff.

I'm here to read information about the new update, not to read the same critiques over and over and over again every few pages. I'm pretty sure TFP took their point a long time ago. Now let it go, sit back and see what they come up with.

This is the part that gets me too. Criticism is fine, but when a single user comes to the same thread and posts 3 or 4 messages within the hour repeatedly calling the dev team "amateurs" or "noobs" while stating that he is being respectful, that upsets me, especially when *everything* that the user posts is that kind of stuff.

I'm here to read information about the new update, not to read the same critiques over and over and over again every few pages. I'm pretty sure TFP took their point a long time ago. Now let it go, sit back and see what they come up with.

Exactly. We get it. TFP gets it. People are pissed that it's taken this long. Now shut up about it, because your whinging changes nothing, and only serves to sate your gnawing hunger for personal attention. Which, sadly, my irritation led me to feed. *sigh*

A16.4 is not a finished game. If you're comparing it to terrible games that claim their finished products, then you're implying A16 is a terrible finish game.

Developers of early access games give updates about their development. TFP were doing that, and that's great. But right when they suggested a likely release, and surpassed it, they stopped with the updates. Then the trickling of information began with poorly orchestrated delivery and further anticipated delays.

And whether they provided a timeframe or not, (which they did btw), community members should be encouraged to voice their concerns. The attitude of the TFP, with the exception of Roland, seems to be an unwillingness to own up to their failures of meeting deadlines, producing quality information and content etc. That deserves criticism.

Hello dear Rambo warrior.

Is the ad hominem attack your favorite logical fallacy?

Were there others in the running or others that you really like?

You have no demonstration of rational arguments or reasoning. You attack the person making a point against you and then continue through logical fallacy after fallacy.

If you are not just a troll and have points to make then make them without attacking the people making the posts you don't like.

Exactly. We get it. TFP gets it. People are pissed that it's taken this long. Now shut up about it, because your whinging changes nothing, and only serves to sate your gnawing hunger for personal attention. Which, sadly, my irritation led me to feed. *sigh*

A lot of the posts I'm quoting are going ignored. Is it a crime to expect a little acknowledgement from the rest of the community about the blunders we've witnessed. If more people point out what issues they're finding concerning and other support it, it creates a precedent to have those concerns acknowledged, future related issues rectified. Personally, I would really like video's Joel releases to be a little more thought out with objectives and precise information they intend to share properly presented. It's not much to ask.

Actually, I disagree. More charitably, I pointing out the exact instances I'm taking issue with and suggesting alternatives that may pose as solutions. I'm also exposing an interesting fact that many more people has similar frustrations, even those who haven't expressed them yet. What I'm describing is constructive, despite your doubt in the means i'm attempting to achieve it - which is odd, because forums are designed for expressing such issues.

Call me crazy and blind But I have not seen one post where anyone from TFP gave a release date.

I've read we hope to by such and such we are trying to but never a actual release date.

I'd like a link to a release date posting or a video by one of TFP saying a actual release date before I can support any one complaining about A17e not being released yet.

A16.4 is not a finished game. If you're comparing it to terrible games that claim their finished products, then you're implying A16 is a terrible finish game.

Developers of early access games give updates about their development. TFP were doing that, and that's great. But right when they suggested a likely release, and surpassed it, they stopped with the updates. Then the trickling of information began with poorly orchestrated delivery and further anticipated delays.

And whether they provided a timeframe or not, (which they did btw), community members should be encouraged to voice their concerns. The attitude of the TFP, with the exception of Roland, seems to be an unwillingness to own up to their failures of meeting deadlines, producing quality information and content etc. That deserves criticism.

What you're doing is not criticism; it's simply being critical, and there's a difference. They stopped pushing out updates because every time they do, people like you take every estimate they give and treat is as if it is some Gospel of Pimp and should be treated like the word of freaking GOD. Then, if something happens and things get delayed, or the estimate just wasn't accurate, you lose your damned minds and start calling people names, accusing the devs of lacking direction, integrity, etc...and outright lambasting what they're doing as "ridiculous."

You're not criticising in the sense that you like to seem to WANT to use the word "criticise," you're simply mudslinging to make yourself feel better, and to try and prove how "right" you are. You're entitled to your opinion...but when that opinion is basically a bunch of name-calling, childish, playground antics wrapped up in "but I have the right..." then we have the right to call you on it, because it's utter bollocks.

Nowhere have I seen an unwillingness to own up to failures. In fact, it's the community's unwillingness to accept failures that's led to the dearth of information. No matter how many times TFP have apologized for delays or deadlines or slow update info leaks, people in your camp harp on it. And harp on it. And HARP ON IT. The criticism has already been levied, and information given...yet here you sit, still lambasting them over it. You. Are. Part. Of. The. Problem.

I didn't say 16.4 was a finished game; I said that compared to other fully-released games, what exists in A16.4 could be considered a finished game, had the Pimps wished to do so. And I'm implying nothing. You're inferring based on your own confirmation biases. I'd point out how fallacious that is, but I'm reasonably certain you already know, and don't care, so what's the point?

The content I am referring to was released within a span of the last 5 weeks or so. I've said the instances I'm referring to make it SEEM amateurish. The reference of noob was stated by Joel in his own video followed by him admitting to not having played for more than a year.

If you want to pass the time while you wait for A17e to release here is something fun to do and I found a video on youtube a few days ago where up until now I would not have mentioned what I do on the side, but I'm not alone other people do it too.

Watch for fun

What you're doing is not criticism; it's simply being critical, and there's a difference. They stopped pushing out updates because every time they do, people like you take every estimate they give and treat is as if it is some Gospel of Pimp and should be treated like the word of freaking GOD. Then, if something happens and things get delayed, or the estimate just wasn't accurate, you lose your damned minds and start calling people names, accusing the devs of lacking direction, integrity, etc...and outright lambasting what they're doing as "ridiculous."

You're not criticising in the sense that you like to seem to WANT to use the word "criticise," you're simply mudslinging to make yourself feel better, and to try and prove how "right" you are. You're entitled to your opinion...but when that opinion is basically a bunch of name-calling, childish, playground antics wrapped up in "but I have the right..." then we have the right to call you on it, because it's utter bollocks.

Nowhere have I seen an unwillingness to own up to failures. In fact, it's the community's unwillingness to accept failures that's led to the dearth of information. No matter how many times TFP have apologized for delays or deadlines or slow update info leaks, people in your camp harp on it. And harp on it. And HARP ON IT. The criticism has already been levied, and information given...yet here you sit, still lambasting them over it. You. Are. Part. Of. The. Problem.

I didn't say 16.4 was a finished game; I said that compared to other fully-released games, what exists in A16.4 could be considered a finished game, had the Pimps wished to do so. And I'm implying nothing. You're inferring based on your own confirmation biases. I'd point out how fallacious that is, but I'm reasonably certain you already know, and don't care, so what's the point?

So i'll set myself aside from the presumed camp you've associated me with. I'm calling on acknowledgment of what they've produced and what small changes I've suggested can make a huge difference. If you're saying TFP have cordoned themselves off from the community, I would like to hear that from Roland because that's sound really bizarre. As I've said elsewhere, I'm taking issue with how up until recently (following the loose timeline they provided ("probable release") they've stopped communicating or produced ad hoc videos and social media posts with little focus and appearing to be ignorant of workings of their own systems etc - this, at a time, following what they expected to be a release etc.

These are pertinent concerns that warrant some sort of response. I think the community should be expecting one to0.

Archived