When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Roland

When will A17 Experimental be released 4?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

...do people really want a version that crashes when you talk to a trader because convo scripts are only half finished, or see pois with broken textures because the new atlas isn't finished yet, or makes your CPU burn up when you look at a campfire because of xyz? Jeeps that float? Birds that don't attack? Silent zombies? Trees that don't fall?

Aaaaah, me. Not the crashes or burns, but floating jeeps sounds really nice. :smile-new:

Plays great on Navezgane. Random Gen is another story.

Sounds like most people are going to to play Naezgane first anyway. How bad are bugs? May be worth it to release 17e while random Gen gets worked out at the same time as minor bugs. I mean, it is a 1.5 year alpha release. A longer experitmental is expected no?

Plays great on Navezgane. Random Gen is another story.

So let us try the game then :) Think its about time now ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like most people are going to to play Naezgane first anyway. How bad are bugs? May be worth it to release 17e while random Gen gets worked out at the same time as minor bugs. I mean, it is a 1.5 year alpha release. A longer experitmental is expected no?

If navezgane are playable, they should release it soon, and like you say, they can release it and update with a RG-update later.

so Roland, Are we there yet? :p

Not sure about 'most people'. But I certainly won't. Never even touched Navezgane. I like my gen random. It forces me again and again to make (small) changes in playing - as setting up an efficiency railroad is a thing in this types of games (even if you do not grind a 100 stone axes etc) and I like to make that a little more impossible for myself as it, for me, increases fun.

I'm a bit surprises though so perhaps Roland could elaborate. Didn't we hear when the october release was still a thing that random gen was much improved? So what's the issues? Weird roads, paths and cliffs, socket towns not building right?, POI placement/rotation, proper biome placement (whatever ones opinion on that might might)...

give us a lill something ;)

B

are we there yet ?

hehe right now...I can wait. I was more impatient before. But i got into playing Ravenhearst a little - freshens things up.

Also: I'm needing to focus on finishing my book. Full new E release would likely slow me down more then it should.

If you would just read through the 37,000 posts in this thread first, maybe you'd find out. /s

No need, it's right at the top of the page... just above the line that states release date posts are off-topic. Apparently reading is hard.

A17 will be released when it is ready.

-------------------------------------------------------

Release date related posts are considered off-topic in this thread.

Archived