When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Roland

When will A17 Experimental be released 4?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. When will A17 Experimental be released 4?

Why cant they release an experimental build, cuz no one can find bugs better than the community..

No im not saying this cuz i want 2 play it already jeez..

Stop being a manchild! Oh wait..

Seriously though, even the "final release" will not really be the final release and will have to go through a lot of testing and bug fixing and that's already a release after fixing many other bugs prior to that release, that's for sure, but if you watched some of the latest videos, you could notice one thing that madmole mentioned. It's not much in the whole scale of the game, but it's definitely a huge show stopper that will take them quite some time to deal with, no matter how many times madmole said they are getting pretty close to release of the Alpha 17 experimental.

It's about perks or skills. At the time of making that video, probably 80% or maybe more was still unfinished and didn't work, that means they must be added to the game first, then they have to test them internally to see whether they work as intended or not and only then they can start the balancing procedure (because the perks must be present and working in order to proceed with the balancing part of the task) and then they will have to test them internally to see if the balancing feels right.

If they didn't have anything else to do, this alone would probably take them couple of months to finish if they didn't want to rush things and even then they couldn't really guarantee that there are no bugs, so that would be the time for community to step in and test it.

is it ready yet?

I think yes, just they need time to test, fix, test again, fix again, then test again, fix again until it is ready to launch for experimental version and don't ask how much time it take to do that phase. It will be as quoted by Roland before 15 months from today.

I wonder how many people have attempted to necro that thread only to find it has been closed?

*Guilty*

I think it was still open when they were already working on Alpha 17, not sure when exactly it was closed, but I guess that they had some good reasons to close it before releasing Alpha 17. People probably brought this topic back couple of times in one way or another while we wait for real Alpha 17, I know I did that maybe twice, so that's probably why they closed it and for that reason, poor Alpha 17 with all its bugs mentioned in that thread will never get fixed. RIP.

Yeah, pretty clear that we should never believe TFP about when they release videos or anything about probable release periods.

You dont understand life... Or timelines or setbacks at all do you? You clearly dont work if you did you would have a basic understanding of things get pushed back name a AAA title that has not been setback at all. And was fully working day 1 if not.

You dont understand life... Or timelines or setbacks at all do you? You clearly dont work if you did you would have a basic understanding of things get pushed back name a AAA title that has not been setback at all. And was fully working day 1 if not.

The Forest was not a AAA game, yet it had a literal countdown in the main menu of when the next update would come out, and when that time came there was an update, followed by patches. Also, MOST AAA games meet the release date they advertise.

Most people here are aware that often projects get pushed back, however in professional environments there are also contracts with promised due dates and deliverables, and then there's accountability if those are not met. Every time there is criticism of the 7dtd development, many people immediately try to shut it down with this defense of "oh you don't know how it is, no one ever delivers a project when they say they will". It's called project management, and most game developers seem to be able to do it, even the ones who use the 'Early Access' model (which is sometimes also used as a massive middle finger to people asking for updates).

The Forest was not a AAA game, yet it had a literal countdown in the main menu of when the next update would come out, and when that time came there was an update, followed by patches. Also, MOST AAA games meet the release date they advertise.

Most people here are aware that often projects get pushed back, however in professional environments there are also contracts with promised due dates and deliverables, and then there's accountability if those are not met. Every time there is criticism of the 7dtd development, many people immediately try to shut it down with this defense of "oh you don't know how it is, no one ever delivers a project when they say they will". It's called project management, and most game developers seem to be able to do it, even the ones who use the 'Early Access' model (which is sometimes also used as a massive middle finger to people asking for updates).

Yea an all these early access games I bought into like the Forest ? How often do I play that game?long time ago in a time long forgotten. How many hrs do I have into it? 15hrs and how many in 7Days? 1421 hum interesting comparison. Threw all they hype and crap Thats what games like The Forest is to me crap.

Go Go Go Fun Pimps.

There are tons of games I have on steam yet most fall short in time spent in them. On my behalf I have to give it to the Fun Pimps that got to be doing something right for this gamer to get me with that many hours played over all these other titles on my steam account.

I mean Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a very nice game graphically and well made yet I only have 23 hours then I got board.

Conan Exiles 295 hrs So much for that AAA company.

Wow just Wow Wurm Unlimited came in first place with 4620hrs.

Point of this story if I have 1000 hrs in a game a dev is doing something right specially when that title is not frozen with game time and time keeps getting added after this long of alpha. I personally have no complaints there isn't a actual release date cause I have no doubt there is another release coming unlike so many alpha games where they just go stale and updates stop.

I will be sad the day it is no longer in alpha cause like I've mentioned before that just means projects done maybe dlc maybe if the devs are not on a new game project.

&days in alpha is like one of them good bed time stories you know the one you don't want to end but you know it does and you hate when the end is here cause now there is no more story.

I will fell like the 2 guys in the Truman Show when Truman walks away they turn to each other and say whats on a different channel.

I love The Forest.

........ though.... very, very unsure why it's used as a comparison, they're nothing alike. The Forest's already Gold, too.. like, months ago.

Must admit, the Cannibal's AI is awesome. But if I saw Zombies pulling that ♥♥♥♥ off I'd be too scared to even log in. :f

Yeah, pretty clear that we should never believe TFP about when they release videos or anything about probable release periods.

We don't trust in pimps. Every time madmole say he will release a video he is lying. Now months will pass before another one.. as usual. A18 will be released in 2021.

I love The Forest.

........ though.... very, very unsure why it's used as a comparison, they're nothing alike. The Forest's already Gold, too.. like, months ago.

Must admit, the Cannibal's AI is awesome. But if I saw Zombies pulling that ♥♥♥♥ off I'd be too scared to even log in. :f

Only thing that game to me has going for it is graphics are nice and the animation's from the cannibal's are so well done now all the mutilated mobs with 10 arms etc... they lost me and my interest.

Something about seeing to bungholes on a character just tells me it's full of Beep! at that point but up until I saw that I was into it really I was.

Only thing that game to me has going for it is graphics are nice and the animation's from the cannibal's are so well done now all the mutilated mobs with 10 arms etc... they lost me and my interest.

Something about seeing to bungholes on a character just tells me it's full of Beep! at that point but up until I saw that I was into it really I was.

You need to play the story to understand why the Armsys, Virginias, and so on exist. Personally, I thought their animations were incredible, their taunts are amazing.

But yeah, two totally different games, other than 'Survival' 'Craft' and 'Build' tags. 7DTD would be more comparible to Minecraft. I'd probably compare The Forest to.. Rust.

Key point being voxel, and that environment I believe is much more difficult to work with.

.... Also I may have gone off tangent.

I am so sad, i was hoping for A17 release earlier so I can play with my pregnant friend but she is going to give birth soon and i don't have anybody else to play with. Single player is boring. :/

Nevermind, hopefully she will find some time for me later. :)

We don't trust in pimps. Every time madmole say he will release a video he is lying. Now months will pass before another one.. as usual. A18 will be released in 2021.

I mean we could have got a short clip of game play or a logo and a "get ready to die, fall 2022" (gotta do it in an announcers voice) and that's it. Or they could have only let the kick starters get access to the alphas and you get to wait for the final release. Though that would probably be best for some of the less patient entitled types. You can't miss or complain about what you never had.

I agree with you in most of what you state, except none of this applies to 7dtd. They have not given you a precise date for a release, only estimates in months that were clearly stated to be just that, estimates. Now if they kept saying "it will be released the 32nd of Octubria", then failed to deliver that, then the same every month, sure, your criticism would apply. But that's not the case. They know that it's still not ready enough to have a clear, exact date, therefore they have not given one.

Most triple A game titles lets use Call of duty black ops 4

Launched on time( 3 years of work) and 3 full teama of people working on it and hundreds of millions just in work.

Launch was ♥♥♥♥ over 1 week of almost not playable content. Due to. Server wide crashing on all platfourms pc ps4 so on. Still crashing afterbthey related a update speficly for seveelr stablity. Its not even come close to fixing the problem.

Fallout 76 pushed backb4 or 5 times all ready

Battlefield pushed back

Minecraft updates pushed back for over 4 months on console.

The list goes on. This is Normal

Its not like it was 20 years ago when a game launched that was it! You had 1 shot to get thibgs perfect as you could. No updates if there was it was online games only. And there was barly any online games at this point in gaming.

So again i ask what games Launch On time without delay that are 100% name 1 plz.

Yes, most AAA games succeed, but you hopefully realise that

A) they have a month from sending the gold master to release. So an AAA company already has the finished product sent to production if they announce release one month before.

B) they don't care much about the release having bugs because at release a big day zero patch is waiting for the unplayable game put on DVD

C) any further bugs that are still in the game don't matter, customers are used to accept them and still will buy the game. For every AAA title that was acceptably bug free at release two others were bugridden even after the day zero patch.

If the publisher doesn't mind how bug-ridden the game is at release he can reliably give release dates. Hey, even *I* can give you reliable release dates for any software I will ever write if you don't mind the quality of that piece of software.

Most people here are aware that often projects get pushed back, however in professional environments there are also contracts with promised due dates and deliverables.

Yes, but most of the time there is not much experimentation or balancing in a database application to do. Same goes for Fifa 35 which is Fifa 34 with new player portraits. Is it a surprise they can promise dates?

Every time there is criticism of the 7dtd development, many people immediately try to shut it down with this defense of "oh you don't know how it is, no one ever delivers a project when they say they will". It's called project management, and most game developers seem to be able to do it, even the ones who use the 'Early Access' model (which is sometimes also used as a massive middle finger to people asking for updates).

I can't really comment on "The Forest", but I believe EA games can only reliably put out releases if they maintain two versions, a development version and a stable version. Having two tracks to maintain is more work, especially if you still have to do massive changes to deeper layers of your software. It becomes easier if the game is already in a form of beta state where most work is done on bug fixing and balancing. Having two tracks might also lead to a reluctance to make fundamental changes to the game as it would make the stable version diverge too much from the development version.

For me how good the game is or will be is the most important aspect of game development, I even would say it is the only one. If I would think your suggestion would lead to a game of at least equal or better quality I would be all for it. But I only see it as a trade-off where time or even some quality is sacrificed for keeping impatient EA players happier.

System administrators often say: "Never change a running system" which means: never change something that works fine. And TFP development works fine as far as creating an excellent game is.

Archived