1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

Here is what I posted the last time this was asked:

Well, what you gonna do. Maybe that's the reason why TFP now want to just show the stuff that's 100% going in; they realised the ziplines and the behemoth weren't going to be possible and realised it's probably better to show off stuff that's done to avoid disappointment.

Going gold

Ok. Well I don't suppose we've tested it with guys running in every direction on bikes loading tons of chunks from the server. We certainly have a huge list of optimizations we will get to by the time we're gold and hopefully don't encounter much more problems with vehicles.

Madmole when do you think we'll hit gold? And are we every going to have story based quests similar to fallout?

Madmole when do you think we'll hit gold? And are we every going to have story based quests similar to fallout?

I don't think they'll have an answer for that.

They don't give deadlines, being the biggest reasoning.

The other being the project as a whole is bigger and taking longer than they expected. I think they were originally expecting to be finished a couple years ago.

My speculation is that we have a couple more alphas to go. Of the stretch goals and things they've talked about doing over the years, most of the major features are in place. Actually, I think NPCs, story lines, and fleshing a couple systems out is pretty much all that's left. But I'm not sure, maybe they have more they want to do.

I don't want to create any expectations or put words into The Pimps mouths though, so take it with a grain of salt.

• 1 month later...

Can you tell us when A17 is expected? Should we expect another year long wait? Better yet, can you guys release smaller patches, like to test the new skill tree stuff and POIs etc? I mean, wouldn't it save time to release it like that instead of having game breaking bugs for weeks after the big release and having your community wait another year to fix old mechanics that broke like zeds smelling?

Can you tell us when A17 is expected? Should we expect another year long wait? Better yet, can you guys release smaller patches, like to test the new skill tree stuff and POIs etc? I mean, wouldn't it save time to release it like that instead of having game breaking bugs for weeks after the big release and having your community wait another year to fix old mechanics that broke like zeds smelling?

This thread is a poll READ THE POLL

Well, it is not so simple , they create content that interracts with each other and can`t be put in little pieces. Have you eat your pizza as all ingredients are in different plates and served in different time ?

Kidding, but devs cannot give exact time, just because its not simple framework, so they just do their job, updating us and keep us awake .

Keep being part of the forum and you will see how stuff is hoing. And its better than you think :)

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is a poll READ THE POLL

There must be a bot, showing the Coyote runner holding a sign "when it`s done" after a questions like this. And then falls off the cliff. Just to have fun, you know.

images.jpg.d8dd220eb21ea55d2e79bdd6ebfd8300.jpg

3ed20a3.jpg.e69e571dee01c00a8d8d651d61dcb975.jpg

probably at least 6 more months... And except delays in features that should be 1-3 updates ago in the next year.

I remember when Madmole said in 2016 they wan't to leave Alpha in 2017 :D :D

still laughing my ass of

mid-late 2019 for full release for sure

Well, it is not so simple , they create content that interracts with each other and can`t be put in little pieces. Have you eat your pizza as all ingredients are in different plates and served in different time ?

Kidding, but devs cannot give exact time, just because its not simple framework, so they just do their job, updating us and keep us awake .

Keep being part of the forum and you will see how stuff is hoing. And its better than you think :)

- - - Updated - - -

There must be a bot, showing the Coyote runner holding a sign "when it`s done" after a questions like this. And then falls off the cliff. Just to have fun, you know.

giphy.gif

No your way don't make any sense. This has been answered so many times there is a actual recording of the answer lol.

I quite happy with waiting a year for a17. Which will equal more content for us to play with. More excitement for in game. More bugs worked out. Etc etc.

Releasing small updates is not only inefficient. It's cost ineffective and wastes the programmers time and efforts. It also will cause back lash in the modding community having to fix a mod every day. The last aforementioned is not as important as the rest of the statement above tho but still very relevant.

You want small useless updates go play ark lol.

The reason some things are broken like z smell is because it's a place holder. The way those were in the game were never gonna make it to gold. Or very far for that matter. And for those to become a system that will make it to gold other systems were needed to be implemented/worked on for a better system that will make gold to eventuate. Once those systems are implemented then the new systems for those that are currently not working will be implemented so it will work with the new systems etc.

Again happy if we didn't see a17 til 2019 lol if need be.......

When will the game be released?

I got the game about a year ago and saw that it was in alpha. I thought, sweet! Not even beta, lots of new things can be added. The full release will be amazing. But-- I haven't seen much progress in this year. I love the game and I would rather have them make a quality game that takes a while. I don't want a set release date because that stresses out the developers and sometimes some things can't be incorporated in the full release because they didn't have enough time. I just want to know if they are half way done, 4/5 done, or 1/10 done. I really enjoy the game but I play it for a few weeks until there isn't anything left to do. Then I just wait a while until the next update where they add new things.

Any estimation will help. Just curious :)

Archived