181 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

A17 News

Wallpaper and Trader Bob Images

Trader Bob Compound Concept Art

First look at bicycle

A17 Feature List

• Vehicle Physics Overhaul
  • New Vehicle: Bicycle

Can't wait to (not) hear your new keyboard. :D

I understand all that, but going from "We are thinking of adding these things anyway" to "well now you gotta pay for them because... You do" isn't the best thing ever.

Which is exactly why Madmole has stopped making a list of things to go in the next alpha...

They used to do this in past alphas, but stopped here in alpha 17...

The reason is obviously that they cant do this, without people getting pissy about this and that not making it into the game...

So all your doing with your negative attitude, is to limit the information and "dev play".

But I have no illusions that you will take any of this to heart... So instead I'll say this:

Dont worry, be happy :p

They got more ppl not only to speed things up, but to bring us better and new stuff and experience. Its always better with more. The more the better. The better the funnier. Trust them, its gonna be good.

yoda-advice-always-in-motion-is-the-future.jpg

Better leads to More and More leads to Better and Better leads to Funnier. Trust in the Pimp Side. Good. Goooooooood.

Bike looks nice! Then again, the previews for the behemoth and ziplines looked nice too..

The difference is that back then they were just plans and now they will not throw at us what they are trying out but what actually is gonna get in the game (just repeating what the Boss said :) ).

Cheers

... I remember now how much work it is typing out all the info to calm people's concerns.

Until now...

A17 News

Wallpaper and Trader Bob Images

Trader Bob Compound Concept Art

First look at bicycle

First look at THE HOG

A17 Feature List

• Vehicle Physics Overhaul
  • New Vehicle: Bicycle
  • New Vehicle: Motorcycle

A17 Changes and Fixes List

• Maple Forest given an autumn colors palette
  • Every biome remastered for Unity 2017
  • Removed player collision from yucca and other similar objects to improve travel

Dropped Features

• Behemoth
  • Ziplines

I see nothing that would concern me ^^

It only give me one wish

RELEASE THE KRAKEN :) ^^

(Yea i know, we are not even near the next Patch)

Archived