Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I also would like to move on to another topic of discussion that's not map sizes.

How about crafting recipes we've added to our games? I added a recipe for the red sand you find in deserts, because I wanted to patch holes in my oil shale mines.

oooh, i would like to see a lot more crafting recipes... personally. Maybe not so much that it'll lag out the menu, but more. Cant go wrong with more! Unless its the map size

giphy.gif

Lol. Dunno maybe they can make the POI's more hazardous to slow down the looters. But with my experience on the multiplayer servers, your fellow players are vultures that play day and night until theyve picked everything clean. They are nothing if not dedicated.

This exactly. No matter how many cities there'll be within 2 km radius. They will be picked clean of good items ^^

And to fiddle with respawn to counter it, mehh. Not a viable solution. I really think a lot of MP players willl at first like more POI's near. But when everything is empty the hate will start to grow.

Lol. Dunno maybe they can make the POI's more hazardous to slow down the looters. But with my experience on the multiplayer servers, your fellow players are vultures that play day and night until theyve picked everything clean. They are nothing if not dedicated.

@devs - idea for A18: Each time a container is being opened (prior to looting), add a small percentage chance of it triggering a loud noise event and drawing attention, as if the container gained the "scream" buff used by screamers to draw hordes. Perks/skills could be added which reduced the chance of fumbling containers or triggering alarms as you gained ranks. TBH, most lootable vehicles with functioning batteries should have a noise event when you force them open (car alarm). On a PvP server, this would be especially dangerous and add a new element of ambush gameplay.

I just read on the first page that the "Blimp" was cancelled with disappointment.

I didn't know this was ever really a thing... But more over. Disappointed. Really? :p

I'm actually looking forward to the Gyrocopter though. Should also be faster than any blimp, by all rights.

I just read on the first page that the "Blimp" was cancelled with disappointment.

I didn't know this was ever really a thing... But more over. Disappointed. Really? :p

I'm actually looking forward to the Gyrocopter though. Should also be faster than any blimp, by all rights.

Hm, somehow I was unaware that Blimp was gonna be in. Till now. Damn I understand your disapointment.

In A16 you can go away from (0,0) approximately 10km in any direction. This is what is called a radius. The map has a diameter of 20km. This is how an approximate size of 314 sq km was calculated. 10x10 = 100 --> 100 x 3.14 = 314

Kinyajuu has confirmed that the new size is a square map that is 8km x 8km which means a total size of 64 sq. km. 8 x 8 = 64.

So the map will be considerably smaller but more densely filled with POI's. This is better for some playstyles and worse for others. So that is how some people can talk about how it is better and how others can talk about it is worse and nobody has to be deep in anyone's ass. Although, there may be a problem with at least one person who thinks everyone plays the game the same way as them....

More dense cities might help certain playstyles but that has not much to do with turning the map into a shoebox.

A little reduction ok...but cutting it in half or more seems really excessive, and adding of course faster vehicles just to zip across the map makes them seem pointless.

The only thing that make any sense is trying to increase performance on low end computers...but there are a ton of ways to do that vs killing the map.

Have they even done any occlusion culling yet? That seems like it'd double fps for some people.

First thing I noticed in that first video was NO, it doesn't look better than 7DTD in any aspect. Second thing, there is no structural integrity, you can tell because when you cut down the trunk of the tree, the rest stays hanging in the air. If you've ever seen the way that 7DTD gets bogged down when you destroy a large structure, that's the SI calculations consuming your cpu.

You are right. But there are mods that adds physics to minecraft too. Prove:

If you have +60 different bioms with hires textures and an unlimited size of a map....etc and put all this together running on a java VM with manly 1 core then you realize there are technically worlds between these games. I like both games but since I ve a few thousand hours in both games I wish that the devs put a litte bit more features of a modded minecraft in 7 days.

Btw you can put any forge mod together in a package like you want and easy make your "own" modpack. its not that I am dreaming and picking out things that doesnt work together.

btw. the structural integrity in 7 days does lag, doesn´t work at all in many cases or blocks drop down in an unnatural way and time amount. sadly , this is no real part of 7 days it can win a price with. The more I think a about it I get to the result that this outstanding thing of the game is totally messed up. it could be such a great win for gameplay but is a fail.

i understand that some people worry about the map size for RGW but TFP made this decision to reduce the map size and yelling at TFP is not helping them to make things better

at first some people were whining about the zombie healthbars and now its about the map size of the RGW we all should to be more thankful that they working so hard at the game and spending so much time to make a great game for us all

It is not always easy to make the right decisions but i'm sure they know what they doing

I would think that people who are all into the PVP...would like that the maps are smaller and thus easier to find others and raids will happen more frequently? Isn't that why they play that type of game? Wouldn't that create more actual PVP? hmm

I only play on a private server with my two brothers and we never bothered to explore the entirety of the map as it is...so , do not think the map size change will effect us...but more POIs? Better performance? Yeah , I will take that!

True that. It’s why they lower me down and then close up the sewer cover plate again...

And this is what I see...

hqdefault.jpg

Have they even done any occlusion culling yet? That seems like it'd double fps for some people.

Yes. They completely removed AO, as discussed in one or more of the lighting vids, specifically as it was causing performance issues as well as as not getting the kind of lighting they wanted in and out of POIs.

So this is one area where we ill be gaining performance due to the cut. Also, base don the lighting vids, I think the game looks better without it, base don some RL experiences this past year. Examples of camp lamps sitting on tables, and the way the light propagates in the area, shining off of surfaces, but beyond a certain distance there's a lot of crushed blacks/darkness. That's pretty accurate.

RE: #MapGate

Regardless of what we've been told, or people (mis)understand, the reality is not changing at this time. All you can really do is adopt a wait-and-see approach. You aren't going to know anything for certain until:

1. You see it in action
  2. You actually play through it
  3. You begin experimenting and making changes with it

After that, then you can pass judgement as you will have the concrete evidence in your hand. Until then, it is just vaporware.

Empyrion galactic survival Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 8.0 - Release

Just released a map that is 64 times bigger than the original ones they have. The originals playfields were comparable to Nazgane.

Plus they pushed the build limit of buildings bases from 250 to over 6400.

And that's in just once playfield. There are dozens of worlds in that game, each with a map around that big and yes it is a voxel based. No green zones or red no go zones either. They did away with them.

Meanwhile in 7D2D all the maps shrink 00

What's up with that?

I guess I would be ok with that if only we could see a video on it but all we get is a photo of a dumpster with rust on it and no view...

@devs - idea for A18: Each time a container is being opened (prior to looting), add a small percentage chance of it triggering a loud noise event and drawing attention, as if the container gained the "scream" buff used by screamers to draw hordes. Perks/skills could be added which reduced the chance of fumbling containers or triggering alarms as you gained ranks. TBH, most lootable vehicles with functioning batteries should have a noise event when you force them open (car alarm). On a PvP server, this would be especially dangerous and add a new element of ambush gameplay.

I like this idea. A trapped chest or a car alarm would be awesome. It could either just draw them in stumbling or trigger a feral response if its loud enough. Maybe even if you shoot off a gun for x amount of time too long it would trigger the same response.

I would think that people who are all into the PVP...would like that the maps are smaller and thus easier to find others and raids will happen more frequently? Isn't that why they play that type of game? Wouldn't that create more actual PVP? hmm

I only play on a private server with my two brothers and we never bothered to explore the entirety of the map as it is...so , do not think the map size change will effect us...but more POIs? Better performance? Yeah , I will take that!

Definitely. I have yet to explore the whole map on a multiplayer server. It takes days to walk it and you have to worry about starving along the way, along with zeds and hostile players on top of it. The server usually resets far before I have a chance to really explore it. I'll take performance gains over a huge map any day.

Archived