Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

If you haven't noticed frame-rate drops with a forge you're playing vanilla with plenty of RAM and CPU power left to spare.

The bug that causes that particular issue gets worse as you add more craftable items to a forge, it's a recalculation issue, not a graphics issue.

I guess that explains why my Overclocked CPU goes nuts and overheats. It only happens when I am working the forges. In fact, this is the only game that pushes my CPU so hard.

I guess that explains why my Overclocked CPU goes nuts and overheats. It only happens when I am working the forges. In fact, this is the only game that pushes my CPU so hard.

If you want to play smoooth. I'd really advise a newer generation i5 /// install on SSD /// a ♥♥♥♥load of RAM. Although I still had slow forge problems on our MP server with 16 GB of RAM.. Will get 32 on my next build lol

/cries in wallet.

If you haven't noticed frame-rate drops with a forge you're playing vanilla with plenty of RAM and CPU power left to spare.

The bug that causes that particular issue gets worse as you add more craftable items to a forge, it's a recalculation issue, not a graphics issue.

Its really not all that bad...

I wouldn't even have noticed it, if my friend wasn't totally adhd about these things...

I have 12Gb ram, i7 4790 processor and GTX970...

So nowhere near top gear...

If you want to play smoooth. I'd really advise a newer generation i5 /// install on SSD /// a ♥♥♥♥load of RAM. Although I still had slow forge problems on our MP server with 16 GB of RAM.. Will get 32 on my next build lol

/cries in wallet.

don't cry in it, just let those little green bats fly away! :)

While the things covered in the first two posts aren't a real changelog, they are the biggest selling points of the update. Not saying that it's bad or anything, but there most likely won't be anything else of the same scale or bigger than that, because if there was more, I'm pretty sure it would have been added to the list by now.

Selling point? Sorry, they don't need to "sell" an alpha to us, everyone will try it out without much coaxing. You obviously can believe what you want, the only facts we have are:

1) Roland (and MM?) said they have one or two saliva-producing features kept back

2) They have a history of overstating the impact/coolness of features. Probably because each player has his own set of features he waits for and is not so interested in most other features, even if they really were big.

After more testing I got another question.

Q: How come player based explosions do not "enter" blocks AKA they will affect block 1, but not block 2 behind number one.

However, zombie cop explosions will damage block 2 behind number 1 which is very annoying.

Wil you fix this please? :)

Are you sure this is the case? At least with TNT I measured a 2 block radius. But it could be that it was because the blocks were not totally surrounded by other solid blocks and maybe explosions can travel diagonally via an air block but not through a solid block.

I use a Forge Farm of 24 or 32 ( depends on the build ) and never get Drops more as 5 to 8 fps down... strange.

Number of Forges hasn't anything to do with it and wasn't it you that had a pissing contest with Xeen about your PC-hardware :smile-new: ? No wonder you don't notice any problems.

I found a video that gives a good impression on how that will be working in A17

ok they say missle instead of vulture...

No problem, we have new gear and new skills. Here you can see my team attacking Zombie Vulture HQ in A17!

Thank god technology is still improving... So by the time a new fallout // elder scrolls (next gen) comes out I can buy a cheap card again that does the trick

/hugs his 1060

Hah! I got the 970... I have a feeling I got better value than you :p

Thank god technology is still improving... So by the time a new fallout // elder scrolls (next gen) comes out I can buy a cheap card again that does the trick

/hugs his 1060

New fallout is due for release 14 November this year, dont think it will improve much by then

New fallout is due for release 14 November this year, dont think it will improve much by then

That's a MP shooter version though. Not the "next" fallout 4 where I install 23012 mods and break my pc :)

EDIT: And I"ll just have started my new job by then ..... So won't be playing anything much :( RIP

EDIT 2 Welcome to the forums!

How much exp did you get?

Well we quickly upgraded to safety goggles when some of the firebricks turned out to not be fire bricks and exploded. so yeah we got experience!

also frame rates stayed the same even after adding about 20 cans.

the heat map was crazy with the blower on high.

- - - Updated - - -

@Devs;

I was just wondering, for A17, can we please make snowberry seeds?

I love making Snowberry juice (yum-yum) for those cold winter nights.

:)

I have never done anything with snowberries other then eat a few when stuck. I did get crazy sick and died once, I wolfed down like 20-30 of them .

- - - Updated - - -

don't cry in it, just let those little green bats fly away! :)

so what is the forge bug? I have a 980/I7/32G of RAM and I play on a Multi-player server and have 3 forges (2 making cement and one with iron/clay) both are at max stacks and I don't see any frame/memory issues.

so what is the forge bug? I have a 980/I7/32G of RAM and I play on a Multi-player server and have 3 forges (2 making cement and one with iron/clay) both are at max stacks and I don't see any frame/memory issues.

Usually I use no more than 5 forges - 1 above ground , 4 under 30+ blocks undergournd/away from "base" and never had a problem,too. Game is played by lots of different configurations of hardware and bugs are possible.It is not optimised yet., you know :)

I have never done anything with snowberries other then eat a few when stuck. I did get crazy sick and died once, I wolfed down like 20-30 of them .

Been there, done that.

I guess I didn't read the warning label, though there isn't one, hah.

I use snowberry juice when I'm the cold biomes.

My character hates coffee, just like his real-life counterpart, lol.

I just wouldn't mind farming snowberry is what I am getting at :laugh:

EDIT: Can't quote either, haha.

Guest Rassilon

Number of Forges hasn't anything to do with it and wasn't it you that had a pissing contest with Xeen about your PC-hardware :smile-new: ? No wonder you don't notice any problems.

Eh no, wasnt me with the Pissing Contest about hardware. i honestly doesnt even know wich i have. And my comment with the Forges werent meant about Contest either, just wanted to point out that his lags cant be normal if i got so much Forges running without any Problems.

Why in God's name would you come to the US for your honeymoon. This is place is a cesspit these days.

And, CONGRATULATIONS!!

No it isn't! Just because some weirdo politics is going on on TV doesn't eliminate all the great places there are to go and things to see. Yellowstone Park isn't going anywhere because a man in a suit exists somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I use a Forge Farm of 24 or 32 ( depends on the build ) and never get Drops more as 5 to 8 fps down... strange.

It doesn't matter how many forges you have, the FPS takes a hit while you are looking in the UI and making things very rapidly.

Im still on 960....:p

I played A16 with a GTX 660 lmao. Processor was an i5 760 (4 cores at 2.8GHz). Literally could not look in my forge while crafting bullet casings at a high level (increased crafting speed) or my FPS would drop from 30-50 to about 5.

Archived