Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

In A16 I have updated my system with a GTX 1080 and still got "lags", even if I reduced most of the settings like shadows or view distance.

Hope this will be fixed with the improvements in code in A17.

Best put your hope in for the Beta phase, where their focus will be on optimization and bug fixing. Alpha phase is primarily for adding game content and major game changes.

I recall Madmole mentioning "parts runners" from each trade faction would be out and about delivering parts to traders and that you may be able to track them down and trade with them on the spot without having to go to a actual trading outpost.

I hope this is going to be implemented because it would add some anticipation and excitement to the game wondering what new shiny things will be available to purchase.

So you wouldn't want a medic or cooking skill that makes healing or buffs more efficient? =)

Can you have negative skill levels? For me, my cooking skill would keep the zombies away!

Smear some of Al's famous "Spaghetti, Peanut Butter and egg surprise" on you and even the bears will run away! I'm not allowed in the kitchen anymore...

What we really need is scaling of stats. Stuff like movement speed having a RANGE would be a massive quality of life change. Its really annoying watching 5 nurses heading towards me at the EXACT SAME SPEED. If there speed was say between .75 and 1.25 and more randomized then it would catch you off guard as they might arrive in clumps or surprise you.

+1 This is so necessary!

So you wouldn't want a medic or cooking skill that makes healing or buffs more efficient? =)

Oh, i would like that, but i also like to have different resistances for some basic complexity ;-)

Although i see the same problem with skills like that i see with all skills at the moment. Since new players start at zero, it makes the start of the game even harsher than it is already, while if you maxed out those skills in the late-game, the game becomes trivial because you can cook so good that you hardly need any resources or your bandages heal so good that health isn't any issue any more... there is still a lot of balancing needed, but i guess the majority of that will be seen in the Beta stage...

And i guess we will see the classes system here to make things a bit more balanced - depending on the class you chose you will be able to do some things okay'ish from the start i hope...

...So yeah, i'm all the way for damage reductions - i think a game like 7d2d shouldn't cater to the absolute casual game, the argument that "easier is better" thus isn't to fitting for this game. Sure, it shouldn't be overly complex as well, but it doesn't have to be to easy - believe me, the "this game is to complicated for me" guy is not the player base you are aiming for with this game...

I don't interpret Gazz saying "simple is good" as meaning "easier is better." I don't think anyone is making that argument here.

I'm not sure if I would call the broken leg buff grindy.. I would think it's a rather fitting buff, since trying to jump with a broken leg is rather impossible in real life.

tumblr_o0arqoKSPA1uap2v9o2_400.gif

In A16 I have updated my system with a GTX 1080 and still got "lags", even if I reduced most of the settings like shadows or view distance.

Hope this will be fixed with the improvements in code in A17.

Graphics are pretty low on a list of a computers woes when dealing with a voxel engine. Processor, RAM and HDD speed are far more important due to the amount data required to read and process.

I'm hoping the blunderbuss keeps its spread of damage with the new weapon system, there's something quite satisfying in watching two or three z's fall with a single shot aimed roughly in the head area of clustered group.

This. And a bit fix the sound of blunderbuss, everytime my friend shoots it scares the beep out of me.

Are u guys saying the blunderbluss actually does damage currently? I havent noticed.

It uses the shotgun skill set. Stick a couple of skill points in extra shotgun damage, walk up to a zombie and shoot it in the face, the zombie will likely die from a single blast. Pretty good for the first few levels and it beats the hell out of trying to find feathers all of the time. One trip to a library or somewhere else with a lot of paper will get you enough ammo for a week.

If you have a wandering horde just circle around them until they cluster together and you can damage/kill two or three zombies with a single shot.

I was watching some TV show and they talked about a "Humpty-Dumpty Crises": A crises so big and bad that it can never be fixed, by anyone.

Now, is 7D2D a Humpty-Dumpty crises? Will there be a way to turn things around? Even if it turns out extremely difficult and takes three parts to finish, I would like that very much. :)

Would love to add the ability to shoot through 2 or 3 heads if zeds are aligned in one line. Would be so much fun with the sniper.

Hell yeah I've been saying the same thing for a year.

A high velocity ballistics mod.

I want both, I like the current medicine skill in a16.4, I spam bandages to level it. its worth it later on. Levels fairly fast. I hope a17 still has it. Speaking of the skill system, we going to get any info on the stats or the new skill system they were talking about? I am more curious about the stat aspect, like what stats will there be?

I'm not sure if I would call the broken leg buff grindy.. I would think it's a rather fitting buff, since trying to jump with a broken leg is rather impossible in real life.

But I agree that it should happen less random.

You could jump with a broken leg irl, just use the one that is not broken, the problem then is going to be the landing. Jumping off the ground with 1 leg is alot easier than landing the same jump only using that one good leg.

It uses the shotgun skill set. Stick a couple of skill points in extra shotgun damage, walk up to a zombie and shoot it in the face, the zombie will likely die from a single blast. Pretty good for the first few levels and it beats the hell out of trying to find feathers all of the time. One trip to a library or somewhere else with a lot of paper will get you enough ammo for a week.

If you have a wandering horde just circle around them until they cluster together and you can damage/kill two or three zombies with a single shot.

I found the shotgun pretty weak in general myself. Whatever they did to it after a14 kinda killed it. I dunno about you but a pointblank shotgun shot to the face should instagib just about anything. It just feels underpowered to me for a gun you bascally have to be kissing the zombie with the barrel to do any actual damage with it. As for the blunderbus, I avoid it like the plague mostly because its way to damned loud. I actually edit the chainsaw and auger to remove all the sounds from them. Zombies still hear them fine, but my ears irl don't get rekt by the noise.

Actually most of the guns are far to loud, it'd be nice if there was a player sound effect volume slider that would lower the sound effects from the player only like gunshots and such. Played quit a few shooters but most don't have guns sounding anywhere near as loud as they do in 7dtd.

I found the shotgun pretty weak in general myself. Whatever they did to it after a14 kinda killed it. I dunno about you but a pointblank shotgun shot to the face should instagib just about anything.

For sure man a slug to the head should take the zombies head clean off 100% of the time, no exceptions.

Archived