Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

From the newsroom. One of the many recorded gifs we've obtained to keep you fine folks informed on all innovative 7DTD news. Luckily, in this particular outcome there were no fatalities. In fact, our source was unhurt and continued with the event less than 15 minutes later (true!).

Please note: The Breaking News Team respectfully acknowledges the utmost importance of your question and informing our forum peers. Thank you for your rep and attention.

Please also note: Your mailbox is full =)

Oh! I knew I forgot to do something, lol.

Also thanks for the source info. :)

Use the fancy words you want, but we want NPC's. One of the things the game desperately needs is something other than corpses walking; and it's alive people walking, and I feel like that's something that should be addressed before moving to gold because people will get very pissed if they see the game move to 1.0 without any NPC's, even if they will be added later.

It's basically like being at a theatre play, seeing the curtains open up and reveal an empty decorated stage, then being told the actors "will arrive later".

Okay, no fancy words:

Traders are NPCs.....check

Trader compounds are POIs controlled by them.....check

That’s not to say there won’t be more variety added to this Kickstarter goal (bandit and survivor NPCs are in the code and have been recently improved)

BUT I must point out that the obligations have technically been met (Your imaginations notwithstanding) and TFP could choose to settle on what we currently have. Nobody can control what will or will not make people mad. All they can do is fulfill their promises—which they have.

Happily they will go beyond simply meeting the obligation but the timetable is the only unknown factor.

One of the things that was in the KS goals was, I believe, NPC controlled POI's. Just imagine coming across a fortified gas station with armed NPC's guarding it that will tell you to stay away or get rekt. Then come back at night, stealth your way in and kill them in their sleep or plainly set their base on fire, or even get inside moments before the 7 day horde appears and watch them fight it off.

Yeah, still don't understand why anyone wouldn't want NPC's, lol.

I would hope that most NPC's would be neutral (you be nice and they'll be nice-ish).

Some would be "Defenders of the wasteland" types but the rest might chase you down, do bad things to you, kill you and eat you (not necessarily in that order!).

Now THAT will put some zing in the game, not knowing who you're dealing with! There should be some subtle clues though.

BTW...I just looked at the Kickstarter promises and NPCs including merchants and safe houses controlled by NPCs are specifically listed in those features that would come post final release. So I’m not even sure why anyone would be upset by the current status. TFP is already ahead of schedule on this promise. Where are the high fives rather than threats of backlash?

If bandits and neutral NPC survivors don’t make it in until after launch then TFP is simply fulfilling the expectations you should have had when you signed up for early access. It is literally all spelled out for you.

BTW...I just looked at the Kickstarter promises and NPCs including merchants and safe houses controlled by NPCs are specifically listed in those features that would come post final release. So I’m not even sure why anyone would be upset by the current status. TFP is already ahead of schedule on this promise. Where are the high fives rather than threats of backlash?

If bandits and neutral NPC survivors don’t make it in until after launch then TFP is simply fulfilling the expectations you should have had when you signed up for early access. It is literally all spelled out for you.

I'm just saying how I hope its implemented.

What’s so wrong with the UI?

Too much wasted space. For example map can be 8 times larger.

HUD should have more info. All mods address this in one way or the other.

Inconsistent controls. Is that [A] to assemble a gun or [D] or ...?

Not UI but directly related - just use PO files for translation. Not one file with hard-coded 3 languages.

Crafting output is inconsistent. Crafting 1 unit of gas can gives you 100?!

Okay, no fancy words:

Traders are NPCs.....check

Trader compounds are POIs controlled by them.....check

Yes, they could settle with what they've added, but you and I both know that would be pretty cheap, cause vending machines with a human model is not what people bargained for when they read NPCs and NPC controlled houses.

I'm confident they won't do that, though. They've already got the mocaped player animations, voice lines and models, so I'm sure there are big things to come with those.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, I don't care if NPCs come post gold as long as they come, but most people don't see it that way and will blame the game for being a scam if it comes out of early access with features still in progress, no matter what the KS list says.

Why? Cause internet.

They don't mind cheap. Customizable vehicles. Can add a basket to a minibike, check.

...and that was a while back. This close to gold they're going for the bare minimum.

Well, they added trucks, bikes, motorcycles and frigging minicopters in just one update when they could've just stayed with the minibike and checked the vehicles goal. To me that's pretty amazing. They also seem to have gotten the physics on those right, which is rare to see in most games with vehicles. With those in, customization should be a walk in the park to implement next.

Until then, weapon customization is already in too and looking awesome.

The only thing I would like to see, regarding NPC's and Bandits, is the NRE issue fixed whenever EntityBandit or EntitySurvivor goes near the trader. ;)

Plenty of mods already add them into the game anyways, and I have a suspicion that's a fairly easy fix.

They don't mind cheap. Customizable vehicles. Can add a basket to a minibike, check.

...and that was a while back. This close to gold they're going for the bare minimum.

The mod system being implemented in A17 is initially for weapons but will be extended to vehicles Mr Smartypants.

Yes, they could settle with what they've added, but you and I both know that would be pretty cheap, cause vending machines with a human model is not what people bargained for when they read NPCs and NPC controlled houses.

I'm confident they won't do that, though. They've already got the mocaped player animations, voice lines and models, so I'm sure there are big things to come with those.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, I don't care if NPCs come post gold as long as they come, but most people don't see it that way and will blame the game for being a scam if it comes out of early access with features still in progress, no matter what the KS list says.

Why? Cause internet.

Oh...okay. You’re advocating for some other group of people. I guess your use of the pronoun “we” threw me off too... :p

The mod system being implemented in A17 is initially for weapons but will be extended to vehicles Mr Smartypants.

Guppycur's last name confirmed! ;)

It seems that all the major features for A17 will make the game easier. Craftable guns, gun mods, new vehicles , loot "helper blocks", quest rewards, health bars (even tho i like them).

What features in A17 makes the game harder, or will it become more of a snoozefest?

It seems that all the major features for A17 will make the game easier. Craftable guns, gun mods, new vehicles , loot "helper blocks", quest rewards, health bars (even tho i like them).

What features in A17 makes the game harder, or will it become more of a snoozefest?

AI ?

Why do they need to make it significantly harder? How many hours of play do you have under your belt? Why should they balance the game around people with hundreds of hours?

If it’s a snooze fest for you then it’s time to move on and play a new game or download a mod for this one that increases the difficulty.

Congratulations. You won the default game.

Archived