Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Why do they need to make it significantly harder? How many hours of play do you have under your belt? Why should they balance the game around people with hundreds of hours?

If it’s a snooze fest for you then it’s time to move on and play a new game or download a mod for this one that increases the difficulty.

Congratulations. You won the default game.

I agree with this sentiment. From a financial standpoint it makes zero sense to cater to the 2000+ hour crowd.

...which is why I'm glad they fully support modders.

Oh no, the "m" word. But really, that's all you can expect, and I'm glad the dev team is doing as much as they are for it.

When the game gets officially released, there is going to be a huge surge in new players, and it makes sense to cater to them.

I agree with this sentiment. From a financial standpoint it makes zero sense to cater to the 2000+ hour crowd.

...which is why I'm glad they fully support modders.

Oh no, the "m" word. But really, that's all you can expect, and I'm glad the dev team is doing as much as they are for it.

When the game gets officially released, there is going to be a huge surge in new players, and it makes sense to cater to them.

What you don't understand is that the game is going to have.........oh!..we agree.

Almost got tricked into revealing something else new.

image.gif

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Please Mr. Bubo, don't hurt me!"

hello everyone

Why do they need to make it significantly harder? How many hours of play do you have under your belt? Why should they balance the game around people with hundreds of hours?

If it’s a snooze fest for you then it’s time to move on and play a new game or download a mod for this one that increases the difficulty.

Hello i'm a french guy, so please be lenient if you see not good english in my comment haha :)

Yes your right, but the game needs to adapt to everyone, i mean every kind of players, doesn't it ?

The problem is zombies, like turning around on themselves. Or just for exemple: if you are standing on iron bars on the edge of your base they won't touch your base at all. Sometimes they don't even hit block just running on the spot. To survive any horde you just need to take a prefab go to the seconde floor and wait. Or just need to dig a gap of one block and that's it you won.

We can not say that 's a hard game. They are not efficient enough.

I think you should in my point of view:

-Increase AI like be able to jump over gaps, more intelligent.

-Increase the price of rocket because 20 gp just too easy, like 200 gun powder.

-Not be able to repair for a while when zombies hitting the block.

-Make a bombe zombie or something like that to destroy bases.

-More special zombies, with their own abilities.

-And the most important make the BEHEMOTH because i am convinced that it could really increase zombies power, and make the game more challenging.

Don't take my comment as a lesson or something, i m just giving my opinion on the game i love, and give you ideas that i think make the game better.

By the way i love your game, congratulation for all you have done just go on.

I didnt say they need to make it significantly harder, please quote me if i did. Yea, thought so ;) What I am saying is that A17 might end up significantly easier than A16. Is that the direction the devs want to go? Or will A17 have features that balace out how much easier these new features make the game? Seems like a valid question to ask without a forum moderator with delusions of grandeur jumping down my throat.

What would be a fun thing to add is traders reacting to zombies attacking their walls over their loud speaker. There was a horde attacking the walls of the trader recently and I just thought it would be funny to hear him tell the zombies to bugger off or something.

I didnt say they need to make it significantly harder, please quote me if i did. Yea, thought so ;) What I am saying is that A17 might end up significantly easier than A16. Is that the direction the devs want to go? Or will A17 have features that balace out how much easier these new features make the game? Seems like a valid question to ask without a forum moderator with delusions of grandeur jumping down my throat.

Here's the quote.

It seems that all the major features for A17 will make the game easier. Craftable guns, gun mods, new vehicles , loot "helper blocks", quest rewards, health bars (even tho i like them).

What features in A17 makes the game harder, or will it become more of a snoozefest?

True, you didn't say signficantly harder but you didn't really qualify it other than saying right now it's a "snoozefest". A teeny weeny bit harder probably wouldn't do it so I assumed you would want the difficulty to be noticeably harder-- or in other words something of significance to get us past the snoozing.

If you are A-OKAY with insignificant additions then you'll be glad to know that Bandits have already insignificantly been in the game for a couple of alphas now which should pretty much resolve your main concern. Unfortunately, DaVega is probably looking for changes of significance so we'll probably have to read more of his bandits jonesing posts....

#exactlyasgrandasImeantobe

Here's the quote.

True, you didn't say signficantly harder but you didn't really qualify it other than saying right now it's a "snoozefest". A teeny weeny bit harder probably wouldn't do it so I assumed you would want the difficulty to be noticeably harder-- or in other words something of significance to get us past the snoozing.

If you are A-OKAY with insignificant additions then you'll be glad to know that Bandits have already insignificantly been in the game for a couple of alphas now which should pretty much resolve your main concern. Unfortunately, DaVega is probably looking for changes of significance so we'll probably have to read more of his bandits jonesing posts....

#exactlyasgrandasImeantobe

That quote was a question, not a statement of what the devs need to do. I know you teach math, not English, but you have to know the difference between two.

Optimism, again ;)

Craftable guns were in earlier alphas... TFP removed them because they wanted a better way to do it and promised it would return.

On that specific one, I'm pretty happy. Though I am going to miss the assemble system.

Also, question for Roland if he spots it.

Is the "assemble" system remaining for the Auger and Chainsaw?

Guest Rassilon
Craftable guns were in earlier alphas... TFP removed them because they wanted a better way to do it and promised it would return.

On that specific one, I'm pretty happy. Though I am going to miss the assemble system.

very good question actually. Imagine Auger with Mods on it, my Miner-Heart begins to glow.

very good question actually. Imagine Auger with Mods on it, my Miner-Heart begins to glow.

That's partially why I'm asking. I'm curious if it uses the current assemble system (which I think means no mods) or the new assemble system (which appears to be specifically for mods going by madmoles videos).

Personally I'm hoping for the first, because that means the assemble method and window is still in the code so I could mod gun assembly back in if I wanted to. ;)

It is us that have to thank You guys, those that are in the forum and that just sit and create stuff for us, the grumpy nation of survivals. We thank you. World would be wierd without this game, made a lot of moments feel good, better. And to let you know - the best is yet to come, so keep up, I mean, go back to work.

That quote was a question, not a statement of what the devs need to do. I know you teach math, not English, but you have to know the difference between two.

Optimism, again ;)

Just a simple question? Not a loaded question with the "snoozefest" twist to tweak the dev's noses a bit? Please. I don't teach English but I've been around long enough to spot a passive aggressive criticism and a backhanded backseat developer bit of advice all packaged up as a "question" a few time.

A question would have been simply, "What is planned to increase difficulty?"

You know what you did.

I know what you did.

Everyone knows what you did.

You can backpedal if you want, but putting this post together with the tone of all your recent posts stretches your claims of "I'm just an innocent inquirer" a bit far. I really doubt that lil-old-math-teacher me was the only one who "mistakenly" read more into your question than just a face-value inquiry.

And if you were "just asking" I suggest you change your tone in general and leave out sideways remarks like "snoozefest" to describe the game if you actually want a developer to take you seriously and answer.

For now the mod assembly interface is just for weapons. The plan is to expand it to hopefully vehicles and tools.

Archived