Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That's partially why I'm asking. I'm curious if it uses the current assemble system (which I think means no mods) or the new assemble system (which appears to be specifically for mods going by madmoles videos).

Personally I'm hoping for the first, because that means the assemble method and window is still in the code so I could mod gun assembly back in if I wanted to. ;)

It`s a work in progress , what do you expect ? How your schoolmates pointed at your school project when it was still in a progress ? Was it , look this , looks like ♥♥♥♥ and it`s not worth it. Yet, you did much better , did you , in many ways.

Pimps here make history , not drama.

P.S. no grammar was involved in this thread.

Just a simple question? Not a loaded question with the "snoozefest" twist to tweak the dev's noses a bit? Please. I don't teach English but I've been around long enough to spot a passive aggressive criticism and a backhanded backseat developer bit of advice all packaged up as a "question" a few time.

A question would have been simply, "What is planned to increase difficulty?"

You know what you did.

I know what you did.

Everyone knows what you did.

You can backpedal if you want, but putting this post together with the tone of all your recent posts stretches your claims of "I'm just an innocent inquirer" a bit far. I really doubt that lil-old-math-teacher me was the only one who "mistakenly" read more into your question than just a face-value inquiry.

And if you were "just asking" I suggest you change your tone in general and leave out sideways remarks like "snoozefest" to describe the game if you actually want a developer to take you seriously and answer.

Good points I guess, and Snoozefest was a bit much. With some xml changes and not letting myself build underground, stilt bases, etc, Im actually getting quite a challenge. I dont want that to go away. Let me rephrase if you will listen.

Many of the additional features in A17 seem like they will make the game much easier than A16, especially when added all together. Is that the intent and direction or will A17 bring along things to offset this?

Suggestions that dont include bandits or AI

1) Mini bosses atleast modable into Day 7 hordes if not default in late game stage hordes

2) Difficulty settings that make more of a difference...(im not even sure how insane is any harder to be honest)

3) Option for Horde nights continuing untill all of the allotted zombies for that night have been killed, not stop because its a certain time.

Good points I guess, and Snoozefest was a bit much. With some xml changes and not letting myself build underground, stilt bases, etc, Im actually getting quite a challenge. I dont want that to go away. Let me rephrase if you will listen.

Many of the additional features in A17 seem like they will make the game much easier than A16, especially when added all together. Is that the intent and direction or will A17 bring along things to offset this?

1) Mini bosses atleast modable into Day 7 hordes if not default in late game stage hordes

2) Difficulty settings that make more of a difference...(im not even sure how insane is any harder to be honest)

3) Option for Horde nights continuing untill all of the allotted zombies for that night have been killed, not stop because its a certain time.

You sound that sort of expect something in particular form this game. This is the place to tell it. Lots of us are looking for something to bring us more fun here, but man, how do you make all of us happy ? You tell us.

1) we already know that quest objectives will be guarded by “mini bosses” that are stronger and have abilities beyond normal zombies. If they’re in the game then they can be added to the list of who shows up in hordes. So this one is a yes.

2) I don’t know.

3) Horde nights don’t stop at a certain time other than morning. The problem is that the third wave comes as a tiny trickle as in one or two at a time and if they get stuck on their way over to you then that’s it for the night. Guppy has talked about this quite a bit and actually has a fix for this and I’m pretty sure it is is the way it was probably intended and what we have now is an oversight. But I can check with the quality lead and make sure they are aware.

2 out of 3 ain’t too bad.

As for currently listed features making the game easier...seems that the early game will stay the same as you’re not likely to be crafting guns, driving jeeps, and finding awesome mods in the beginning. Also POIs will be harder because even if you ignore the “Path of Light”, the much more cluttered interiors will allow sleepers to be hidden a lot better. Gone will be the days when you enter a bare room and headshot them all laying there in plain sight from the doorway. Sleeper closets are sure to cause some jump scares as well. The helper blocks are going to mean that fewer containers will be lootable so you’ll get less for your efforts of clearing a house and the lootable containers will be random so even if you enter the same house it will have a different mix of empty vs lootable containers instead of just all lootable as it is in A16

1) we already know that quest objectives will be guarded by “mini bosses” that are stronger and have abilities beyond normal zombies. If they’re in the game then they can be added to the list of who shows up in hordes. So this one is a yes.

2) I don’t know.

3) Horde nights don’t stop at a certain time other than morning. The problem is that the third wave comes as a tiny trickle as in one or two at a time and if they get stuck on their way over to you then that’s it for the night. Guppy has talked about this quite a bit and actually has a fix for this and I’m pretty sure it is is the way it was probably intended and what we have now is an oversight. But I can check with the quality lead and make sure they are aware.

2 out of 3 ain’t too bad.

As for currently listed features making the game easier...seems that the early game will stay the same as you’re not likely to be crafting guns, driving jeeps, and finding awesome mods in the beginning. Also POIs will be harder because even if you ignore the “Path of Light”, the much more cluttered interiors will allow sleepers to be hidden a lot better. Gone will be the days when you enter a bare room and headshot them all laying there in plain sight from the doorway. Sleeper closets are sure to cause some jump scares as well. The helper blocks are going to mean that fewer containers will be lootable so you’ll get less for your efforts of clearing a house and the lootable containers will be random so even if you enter the same house it will have a different mix of empty vs lootable containers instead of just all lootable as it is in A16

Thank you for responding, Roland.

I did ask a while back if mini bosses could be modded into hordes and at that point you werent sure. Im glad that changed.

I did ask a while back if mini bosses could be modded into hordes and at that point you werent sure. Im glad that changed.

As long as Gazz or Kinyajuu doesn't come on next and start a post out with "Well, actually...."

If you watch the more recent videos and pause the screen on the list of zombies when he is deciding what to spawn in you will see a list of zombie mini-bosses in the list. Those named zombies can be added to spawn lists by modders. Of that I am certain pending any delusions of grandeur I may be experiencing... ;)

Of that I am certain pending any delusions of grandeur I may be experiencing... ;)

You are awesome. I cant believe how well you deal with people, especially people like me. Ive never seen anything like it. :)

You are my dark troll master from whom I suckle the teet of knowledge.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Please Mrs. Bubo, don't hurt me!"

giphy.gif

=)

For now the mod assembly interface is just for weapons. The plan is to expand it to hopefully vehicles and tools.

Perfect, thank you.

Can we pretty please make sure the OLD "assembly" code remains in the DLL file, and 3D models in the assets? At least then modders can call on it to put guns/tools together if we want to put the old style system back in.

Probably a silly request, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

I counted 4 also. That was a nice. Joel said in the comments that he plans to add more keys to his future videos, which will be harder to find.

It was a cool way to do it. I kinda wish he hadn't said what he was doing, but I suppose not everyone would have recognized them for what they are.

@MM

Next time, give away a special code that if someone won, they could input and it gave them the a17 streamer access code.

It was a cool way to do it. I kinda wish he hadn't said what he was doing, but I suppose not everyone would have recognized them for what they are.

@MM

Next time, give away a special code that if someone won, they could input and it gave them the a17 streamer access code.

If you read the comments there are some who didn't know what the keys were for and then once it was explain to them they asked:

"What is Steam?"

What rock did they crawl out of....?

@MM

He could even place the 3 key groups out of order. The race to crack the code :apple:

Archived