Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Problem is, if you could farm Brass you're pretty much set. I wouldn't mind if we could get a little Brass from mining, just a little bit.

So I would have to agree, a mod to catch your brass in A17 would rock. or the ability to make brass from copper and zing would be nice. right now Brass on a server with lots of players can be the single biggest issue.

you can mine for almost everything else. heck even TWD added making ammo to an episode :)

Guest Rassilon

I got a Question about electricity, if you would be so kind and answer :)

Any Plans to enhance/balance it with A17?

Right now its good, but could need some tweaking.

What bothers me and some others too, is the thing that you can only have one Power-Source in one Network. Could you please increase it to Two or infinite Power-Sources? Cable Management in larger Bases is a pain in the butt right now^^

I think resources are too easy to get. I can't think of a single game where I thought I was resource starved. Ever. 6000+ hours talking. :p

There were times that I was longing for a specific book or item and couldn't find them. Like my current game where I have yet to find the spiked club recipe and a second beaker (I have one at least... that saved my ass because I was finally able to make an antibiotic pill a mere 45 minutes before I died from infection). Life sucks with a mean RNG and 50% loot. Facing down a long term infection with "dead is dead" gets scary at times, too.

Death by infection is just about the only thing you cant save yourself if your luck is bad enough. You can increase your chances a lot by hitting a drug store, IF you can find one!

Death by infection is just about the only thing you cant save yourself if your luck is bad enough. You can increase your chances a lot by hitting a drug store, IF you can find one!

That's the funny thing with this particular game I'm playing. I haven't found any sky scrapers or hotels at all after finding at least 8 or so towns. I haven't found a single drug store until recently but that was one of those little ones and it had nothing of note in it. I have found exactly 3 honeys, 1 herbal antibiotic, and one fully antibiotic (I also made one of those that saved my life as I already mentioned). And I'm level 80+. :p

I can make more antibiotics now but I'd rather find a beaker and get a hell of a lot more efficient use of the 20 or so moldy breads I have after making a chemistry station.

Another weird thing about this world is that I haven't made a permanent base yet (playing dead is dead). I have a line of crafting stations along the side of a road near a trader that serves as my "base". From there I just travel out and hunt for things. I do have a large farm plot in a nearby town (about a 2 minute bike ride, so maybe not so near). During horde nights I just find a tall building, do some prep work, and then do my best to kill everything I can before sunrise. :)

I have it and want to like it, but each time I try to play it, the crash landing and wandering around a bit is cool and then in an hour or two it becomes "what am I doing?" and I lose interest.

You know. To be honest. That's how I feel about 7D2D sometimes...

You know. To be honest. That's how I feel about 7D2D sometimes...

Most games have a focus of its "physiology", the technical aspects.

Only a greatest of games get the psychology of the game right. First that comes to mind is "Mass effect 2", when you had to make "that" gut wrenching decision, I wont spoil it if you never played it but it can still bring a tear to my eye.

OH NO! I was not bored with that game!

So 7D2D has a a good body but no soul: to love or hate or feel anything toward.

I suppose the stupid trader that bad mouths everyone tries to annoy you, but its so unrealistic. Who would antagonize heavily armed, desperate people??? If breaks the believability of the game.

I think resources are too easy to get. I can't think of a single game where I thought I was resource starved. Ever. 6000+ hours talking. :p

There were times that I was longing for a specific book or item and couldn't find them. Like my current game where I have yet to find the spiked club recipe and a second beaker (I have one at least... that saved my ass because I was finally able to make an antibiotic pill a mere 45 minutes before I died from infection). Life sucks with a mean RNG and 50% loot. Facing down a long term infection with "dead is dead" gets scary at times, too.

The only resource which I think needs major rebalancing is lead. At 1:1 compared to Iron smelting 5:1, it's by far always the one most in demand. Brass is only needed for 7.62 .. lead is needed for bullet tips (so for 7.62 as well) but then also for buckshot to keep the shotgun turrets stocked, and glass (especially bullet proof glass) sucks up thousands easily.

Whereas in A15 I dumped lead continually as I had little use for it, in A16 even mining out ore veins of lead I still need more. It's funny that I can easily steel up an entire base with the hundreds of thousands of iron I find, but I can't get enough lead for buckshot to keep turrets stocked :p Even nitrate and coal is easier as that's only used (almost) for gunpowder.

/V :)

Thank goodness. They really need a direction pointed out for them. I haven’t picked that game up in almost a year and neither have my friends. :p

Building to a ship that can leave the planet and fly to one of the other planets you can see in the heavens is amazing but it’s not enough for a minimal builder like me. The game is great for avid builders I’m sure.

You may remember hopping on my server and the one thing I truly love about 7dtd is the ability to mod the XML. If Empyrion had all the xml data 7dtd does for adjusting things I would play it alot more. Trust me I looked and maybe should look again. I love that game too but the Fun Pimps keep me coming back because I can adjust just about everything on my server and it keeps it fun for a few friends of mine and myself :) . 7dtd has come a long way imo. I find I need to adjust xml alot less to enjoy the game. 7dtd is by far the best Early Access title made for this reason alone.Its been a very enjoyable ride and keeps getting better. BTW good beer and specific types drink best near room temperature. Crap beer is best as cold as possible lol.

I suppose the stupid trader that bad mouths everyone tries to annoy you, but its so unrealistic. Who would antagonize heavily armed, desperate people??? If breaks the believability of the game.

Ever tried to shoot him? He is in a position to bad mouth.

That indestructability may be a placeholder for a better solution, but that better solution should probably be a trader with a lot of armed guards. Otherwise even the friendly trader won't be there long enough to say "Ka-schink". Desparate people do not rob only unfriendly people.

If you need a good explanation for his abrasive ways. he is a) an old geezer who can't change his ways and don't give a damn, b) a fatalist who knows that his days are numbered (the signs are there, zombies getting stronger day by day, this is the apocalypse) and resigned to die any day now, c) lost his family (had to kill his wife and his own children to survive) and is already psychotic mad, d) an old hand that can judge people realiably (or thinks he does) and knows who is a killer and who is a do-gooder like. well, you.

An experimental, maybe, sure.

Then again, been around the TFP block a few times to know that nothing gets set in stone, as far as release dates.

Experimentals have typically come out about 4-6 weeks after Joel starts doing playthroughs and also after announcing that content lock has been achieved. Those milestones haven't even happened yet.

Maps

Was just curious about the Navezgane map vs Random Gen map and the plans for the story when the game comes out. The Navezgane is so much smaller but will offer the storyline as I understand it. Any plans to incorporate the story in the random gen or make the Navegane map bigger, or at least options for sizes. Thanks

Was just curious about the Navezgane map vs Random Gen map and the plans for the story when the game comes out. The Navezgane is so much smaller but will offer the storyline as I understand it. Any plans to incorporate the story in the random gen or make the Navegane map bigger, or at least options for sizes. Thanks

From what I've heard, there will be no attempts, at least initially, to incorporate story elements into RWG. However, I'm sure all (or at least most of) the systems that allow story mode in Navezgane will be available to modders for RWG. Also I'm sure things like enhanced quests and such will be used in RWG and likely trader specific stuff (like them handing out quests) will make it in to some degree.

From what I've heard, there will be no attempts, at least initially, to incorporate story elements into RWG. However, I'm sure all (or at least most of) the systems that allow story mode in Navezgane will be available to modders for RWG. Also I'm sure things like enhanced quests and such will be used in RWG and likely trader specific stuff (like them handing out quests) will make it in to some degree.

They could put some story in considering in RWG I keep seeing the exact same cities with the exact same prefabs in the same spots. Prime places would be Hitashi(or whatever its called) pharmacy and Dashong tower. I mean the pharmacy building literally has zombies in bascally chambers for viewing so they know something about whats going on. Dashong is just shady big corporation. Then you have the underground bunkers and such.

Overall though it'd alot harder to add any sort of story to rwg compared to a static map like Navez.

They could put some story in considering in RWG I keep seeing the exact same cities with the exact same prefabs in the same spots. Prime places would be Hitashi(or whatever its called) pharmacy and Dashong tower. I mean the pharmacy building literally has zombies in bascally chambers for viewing so they know something about whats going on. Dashong is just shady big corporation. Then you have the underground bunkers and such.

Overall though it'd alot harder to add any sort of story to rwg compared to a static map like Navez.

Well what if they mixed in key POI's in RG. That way they could keep the story line. It would just be that the POI's would be in different places in RG V's Navez.

Plus having to use a RG map would add a (new feeling) each time you replayed the story line. Since the POI's would be in different places on the map and were everything around them is different.

OFC POI's such as big office buildings would be located in a RG city. Were as a farm house would be on some farm.

Roland you may want to extend your release date poll past August :)

Now...now...I said weeks not months. Let's not get crazy. I have a good feeling we'll be driving around in jeeps by or before August. (I hope)

I changed the release date to "Not in February" because I wanted to let anyone know who might have been waiting to start a fresh game just in case an update was coming that they are safe to go ahead a start a fresh map without fear of an impending update. Start now and play that map for the next month without fear!

Now...now...I said weeks not months. Let's not get crazy. I have a good feeling we'll be driving around in jeeps by or before August. (I hope)

I changed the release date to "Not in February" because I wanted to let anyone know who might have been waiting to start a fresh game just in case an update was coming that they are safe to go ahead a start a fresh map without fear of an impending update. Start now and play that map for the next month without fear!

I might do that, thanks... and sorry if my other reply sounded a bit like "Rude Trader". Its not normally what I say to people.

Archived