Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

agreed sillls... or i am missing something about what he is referring to because we do have a Joe and Joel (thats 2 separate people and both devs)

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys I'm gearing up to make a new video. Just waiting for a few little touches that will make it even more impressive. The 4x4 JEEP Is here and is going to blow your minds.

Sounds great!

Hey guys I'm gearing up to make a new video. Just waiting for a few little touches that will make it even more impressive. The 4x4 JEEP Is here and is going to blow your minds.

Hey MM, glad things are moving along nicely. Does the jeep have more storage than the mini bike and is a second passenger possible?

I'm guessing its not craft-able so do we find it on a special mission or is it found some other way?

Guest Rassilon
Someone mentioned visual clues verses a health bar would be the way to go.

How about an changing/increasing Degree in Blood-Stains on the Boss Modell or in generall on all Zombies to indicate the Damage done?

I dont mind the HP Bars really, but maybe this would be more Immersion-Friendly.

Maybe 4 Stages of Bloodcovering or something similar to indicate 100 % Health, 75, 50 and 25 %

@KingSlayerGM some dev mentioned few months ago electricity is not going to be touched till a18, but i can be wrong

Ugh... Sad to hear that...

But ok... It's not like there isn't a lot of other stuff to do, and the electricity is really not that bad.

I just really love this part of building, so I'd love to see it fixed up properly... And also expanded.. A lot! ;)

How about an changing/increasing Degree in Blood-Stains on the Boss Modell or in generall on all Zombies to indicate the Damage done?

I dont mind the HP Bars really, but maybe this would be more Immersion-Friendly.

Maybe 4 Stages of Bloodcovering or something similar to indicate 100 % Health, 75, 50 and 25 %

As a first person view, maybe ever more blood splattered around the screen edges with the last 25% being audible as well.

MadMole

Can we expect any news at all on electricity? Is any dev working on it, or was it put aside?

The Duke will build up an electricity factory and we`ll have to pay for it. Gas will be used for bbq.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking about electricity. I think must be some like electric oven (or some one like this). We have even solar power but in kitchen must use camp fire :distrust:

There was a talk , shortly after electricity was anounced and I remember this stuff was said it is cool idea. If they put ovens to work, some fan powered forges, working fridges (if food spoil is implemented). Stuff like this is pretty much possible.

P.S. would be awesome if they do it ;)

I agree, electricity could be improved and expanded a lot... I just havent heard about it from the devs in a very long time... So I am wondering if they are still working on it or not

Yeah I'd like some info on this as well...

But... Hey... Any news would be nice :p

I agree, electricity could be improved and expanded a lot... I just havent heard about it from the devs in a very long time... So I am wondering if they are still working on it or not

Roland just posted a list what everyone is working on. Electricity wasn't on that list. Also no Madmole video about electricity. That means, electricity wasn't and isn't worked on. QED.

I also would suspect that with all the changes in work for A17 and the direction A17 takes generally (groundwork for bandits, quests, story, roleplaing) there is nearly zero chance they will do electricity performance patches.They will have enough new problems in A17 already, if you thought A16.0 unstable, wait for A17.0, you will be surprised .:fat:

Roland just posted a list what everyone is working on. Electricity wasn't on that list. Also no Madmole video about electricity. That means, electricity wasn't and isn't worked on. QED.

I also would suspect that with all the changes in work for A17 and the direction A17 takes generally (groundwork for bandits, quests, story, roleplaing) there is nearly zero chance they will do electricity performance patches.They will have enough new problems in A17 already, if you thought A16.0 unstable, wait for A17.0, you will be surprised .:fat:

It was just a question, not something we are awaiting in A17.

Lathan(Prime) is the dev in charge of electricity. Currently he is tasked with quests but that in no way stops him from working on electricity when he can. Nor does it mean that once he finishes what needs to be done with quests that he won’t return to improving the electricity system.

Electricity as it was introduced in A16 is not the intended final version. It was simply the first iteration. There will be more polish to come and more toys to play with. Whether that will be in A17.0, A17.x, or A18 is unknown at this time.

Archived