Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

it's now confirmed by the majority!

everyone here has down right lost it. (not sure what they lost but they lost it) (me.. I didn't loose mine but somebody here stole it.) now if I only knew what it was that they stole!

:)

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Our minds are terribly wasted... :)

I may have missed something but are these features only dropped as A17 additions or dropped completely?

I can say that the Behemoth in its conceived form is dropped for good. There is currently no plan for there to be any enemies that are as big as a one-story house in this game. If they can solve the problems such a large entity presents then perhaps something like him will show up in a future voxel game but there is neither time nor resources for getting it done right for this game.

Ziplines are gone for A17 for sure and quite possibly for good but we will have to wait and see. Let's say it has been re-prioritized to the bottom of the To Do list and the chances of getting to it before the game goes gold are slim to none.

I can say that the Behemoth in its conceived form is dropped for good. There is currently no plan for there to be any enemies that are as big as a one-story house in this game. If they can solve the problems such a large entity presents then perhaps something like him will show up in a future voxel game but there is neither time nor resources for getting it done right for this game.

Ziplines are gone for A17 for sure and quite possibly for good but we will have to wait and see. Let's say it has been re-prioritized to the bottom of the To Do list and the chances of getting to it before the game goes gold are slim to none.

Are bugger, loved the idea of an unstoppable force but these new mini boss zombies also intrigue me. Ziplines I couldn't care less about and trust TFP know what they are doing but thanks for the prompt reply

Why not have him as an environmental threat only, something you run into in the world? He can't destroy blocks, but can run fast, hit hard, and traverse big gaps? We don't need a crazy base destroyer, the current zeds do that just fine. I'm also 100% fine with dropping him too lol. Just trying to problem solve...

Also, Dire wolves should call lesser wolves to their aide, like screamers.... Ok now i'll run for the hills:bolt:

Lathan(Prime) is the dev in charge of electricity. Currently he is tasked with quests but that in no way stops him from working on electricity when he can. Nor does it mean that once he finishes what needs to be done with quests that he won’t return to improving the electricity system.

Electricity as it was introduced in A16 is not the intended final version. It was simply the first iteration. There will be more polish to come and more toys to play with. Whether that will be in A17.0, A17.x, or A18 is unknown at this time.

Lathan (Prime) in charge of electricity? Shocking!

You know, the Behemoth does not have to be that big.

They could make one only three of four voxels tall.

You know, the Behemoth does not have to be that big.

They could make one only three of four voxels tall.

I think the point was that anything taller than two (or wider than one) added a whole lot of refactoring of code to accommodate. Too many assumptions to clean up at this point (opportunity cost and all that).

Lathan(Prime) is the dev in charge of electricity. Currently he is tasked with quests but that in no way stops him from working on electricity when he can. Nor does it mean that once he finishes what needs to be done with quests that he won’t return to improving the electricity system.

Electricity as it was introduced in A16 is not the intended final version. It was simply the first iteration. There will be more polish to come and more toys to play with. Whether that will be in A17.0, A17.x, or A18 is unknown at this time.

i hope atleast they fix the major bug/lag issues with using electricity in a17.

Why not just scale him down?

it would be but it would also be

lazy, too many developers do this these days and its rarely if ever satisfying. More like a chore than anything to deal with.

The most memorable bosses I can think of always have some special ability or abilities. Rarely experience a zombie game where a zombie boss is memorable in anyway because they are just mass of health that does damage. Only one I can think of at the top of my head is Prototype and the Tank from Left 4 Dead. Yeah the Tank is technically just a hulking zombie with extra health and damage but he was a bit more than that, he smashed through things and threw giant rocks at you while making things much more chaotic. Most of the time he isn't that hard to deal with unless you are on versus against a good team.

Guest Rassilon
it would be but it would also be

lazy, too many developers do this these days and its rarely if ever satisfying. More like a chore than anything to deal with.

The most memorable bosses I can think of always have some special ability or abilities. Rarely experience a zombie game where a zombie boss is memorable in anyway because they are just mass of health that does damage. Only one I can think of at the top of my head is Prototype and the Tank from Left 4 Dead. Yeah the Tank is technically just a hulking zombie with extra health and damage but he was a bit more than that, he smashed through things and threw giant rocks at you while making things much more chaotic. Most of the time he isn't that hard to deal with unless you are on versus against a good team.

Indeed, seeing (Mini)-Bosses with special Abilities that require different Tactics would be really awesome to have in this game. It would help making 7 Days to Die more special than its allready is and bring us some Challenge once in a while.

Of course it doesnt need to be, but getting something later ( maybe as a DLC ) that would something similar to the Dying light-Add on: The Following Mini-Bosses would be really nice.

Dropped Features: Served up with total disappointment...

Behemoth

Sad to hear. It could bring more variations to the game than the zed with their mostlikly same shape.

Once you have a advanced base, nothing can harm you. Massive amount on zeds will bring even bring stronger CPUs to a hard drop of FPS (at least on dedicated servers). Behemoth could have been a solution of both problems. - Now its dropped :(

QUESTION: What about implementation of fire ? HAL9000 showed his implementation of fire:

What is interesting, if mob attacks are situational.

One game the MOB's definitely attack if:

1) You attack them, almost every predator type in range will move at their fastest movement to attack you;

2) Its nighttime and they see you. Mostly solo attacks;

3) You get too close and they reach some stress level, the pack of mobs in that immediate area will attack other predators ignore you.

I can kill them but there is excitement when travelling or trying to get to the water at night.

It's well done, not some "attack you all the time till its a bit boring" thing.

Edit: Maybe NPC behavior in 7D2D can be more complex, zombie maybe not.

wasnt me... i guess i make the 3rd joe but other 2 are devs... and i think roland was joking or somebody was about stealth and not seeing mm. (stealth... not seeing) now ya got it :) but yeah... it wasnt me... i just lowly tester :(

so what are you, like a navy seal or something?

No, I am just a tester.

A tester?

A lowly lowly tester.

Oh my god, we're gonna die.

Archived