Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

People have been asking for an update of what all is being worked on so here is a rundown for you. An astute person such as DeVega will notice that things like bandits and breadcrumbs and enemy AI are not listed-- but don't be dismayed. This is just what is currently being worked on right now and some of these projects are winding up and then they will start on their next tasks. Also these guys cross over and help each other and so they are actually working on multiple things at once. But these are the main areas of focus right now.

Shawn

Currently working on vehicles including continuing work on the 4x4 Jeep

LoL Shawn is working only on jeep, every other vehicle has been modeled. Maybe physics but no models, because their assets are already in game files

LoL Shawn is working only on jeep, every other vehicle has been modeled. Maybe physics but no models, because their assets are already in game files

Physics, not outrunning chunk loading, collision, etc... "Vehicles" encompasses a lot. :)

Just because an asset is in the game files doesn't mean it isn't being worked on. There is no reason they couldn't just trash all the vehicles in the current game files and A17 have 100% new models for every vehicle.

I am one who thinks more fruits and veggies need to be added. I don't live in Arizona, but reading on the internet, they grow citrus fruits, berries such as blueberries (we have in the game) but also blackberries. Granted much of the fruits and veggies are from irrigation, but that doesn't mean many of them couldn't go wild by the rivers, creeks, ponds and lakes in the area.

I would like to see some type of fruit tree, whether it would be apple, dates or citrus. Another veggie, and as much as I hate Brussel sprouts they could be one, or peas.

Would it really be so hard to add one fruit tree type, a citrus oranges that could be made into juice to hydrate you and cool you down, or lemons? And blackberries or strawberries that could be made into pies, cobblers, or juice? Veggies that can be used in a variety of ways, peas to make pea soup, used in veggies soup with other veggies or Brussel sprouts?

We grow peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, and lettuce here too, so the game needs tacos. Also cotton, citrus in general, wheat, and pecans. There's apple orchards south of Phoenix, somehow. I have an orange and lime tree in my back yard.

Roland posted that JOE was working on stealth and then you made several comments/jokes about not seeing MadMole. Or did I read your post wrong?

wasnt me... i guess i make the 3rd joe but other 2 are devs... and i think roland was joking or somebody was about stealth and not seeing mm. (stealth... not seeing) now ya got it :) but yeah... it wasnt me... i just lowly tester :(

wasnt me... i guess i make the 3rd joe but other 2 are devs... and i think roland was joking or somebody was about stealth and not seeing mm. (stealth... not seeing) now ya got it :) but yeah... it wasnt me... i just lowly tester :(

Hmmm. I assumed you were the Joe Roland was talking about. That is a popular name at TFP. :)

I can't get search to work at all in this place so is it possible someone can remember if it was ever mentioned that the jeep would be able to carry 2 or more people?

If memory serves... probably not for A16 but planned for the future. That was a while ago so plans may have changed.

Just because an asset is in the game files doesn't mean it isn't being worked on. There is no reason they couldn't just trash all the vehicles in the current game files and A17 have 100% new models for every vehicle.

Models of vehicles are there since alpha 14-15. They havent changed even by 1%. They are just adding one by one. Models aren't getting changed

We grow peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, and lettuce here too, so the game needs tacos. Also cotton, citrus in general, wheat, and pecans. There's apple orchards south of Phoenix, somehow. I have an orange and lime tree in my back yard.

Sure you can grow those in AZ with extensive industrial irrigation, otherwise not so much.

Models of vehicles are there since alpha 14. They havent changed even by 1%.

I'm not sure what your point is. They could have been there since A1 and still be replaced if TFP decided to update them. When you think about it, why would they modify them until they use them? It would be a huge waste of resources to have someone create a new model for a vehicle for an Alpha that you then don't include in the Alpha release.

Besides, Roland clarified his post and the work he was talking about was physics, tuning speed to chunk loading, etc.

You gave me hell of an idea. What if we could've grown various ingredients and mix them creating like a new type of food which we can name and craft using the ingredients?

After thinking about this for weeks, feel the need to comment on the weapon mods changes.

Change is difficult for all humans. While the players have got used to the "parts" system, the current " gun parts system" never seemed logical to me.

Therefore, I applaud the new "gun mods" system being worked on and am happy to see "gun parts" be trashed.

My only hope is that going forward we can make a weapon out of a toilet plunger by adding a mod.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oooooh...

Whole guns with attachable mods to affect performance as opposed to gun parts...

Now apply that premise to a vehicle system, with the mods being different tires, engine mods, suspension parts, roll bars and lighting, et cetera. Not saying they're doing this, but it'd be pretty dang swanky if they did. Build a bolt-shearing torque monster for 4x4 rock crawling, a high-rev rocket with a bullet-proof suspension to rallycross your way across Navesgane... Sprinkle in a few zombie smashing bolt-ons and that's got a lot of potential to be an absolute hoot.

You gave me hell of an idea. What if we could've grown various ingredients and mix them creating like a new type of food which we can name and craft using the ingredients?

Hey, I used to do it all the time when I was single:

"Al's Peanut butter, eggs and Beans omelet".

"Al's Spaghetti surprise!" (I "surprised" myself a lot).

Then one day I found my wife and cooked for her... once. Never cooked again. The world is a lesser place without my cooking genius... :)

"Bachelor Casserole"

2 packs chicken ramen, cooked and drained

2 tbsp ranch dressing

1 can tuna, drained

1 can of whatever vegetable/bean is in your empty cabinet

1 cup shredded cheese (if it's payday and you haven't blown your check on beer yet)

Mix immediately after cooking noodles and enjoy.

Archived