Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

any chance there will be underground poi's ?

im not talking about caves or bunkers accessible from the surface. Im talking about ones that are completely closed off with no indication on the surface. ones that we would need to stumble across while mining.

would be cool to be digging along and BAM you crack open a cave or burial chamber full of undead.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but pretty please, for the love of all things tentacled and unholy (or insert chosen deity here)...could we make magazines stackable like the yellow note quests or treasure maps? Having to dedicate multiple boxes for the things (at least early game) is a little annoying.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but pretty please, for the love of all things tentacled and unholy (or insert chosen deity here)...could we make magazines stackable like the yellow note quests or treasure maps? Having to dedicate multiple boxes for the things (at least early game) is a little annoying.

whoa wait... i got nothing to do with it :)

I have no issues with hordes or blood moons, all you have to do is edit a little xml.

My wandering hordes are 100-150 zombies, most fun are green only hordes, my insane difficulty multiplier is 25, I played on 7000 gamestage blood moons where zombies spawn non stop and 80% are greenies, it is very educating and they immediately will show all your bases weak spots.

point being - play with gamestage.xml and you will have all you want, i am really glad devs allow us to edit it and it is very easy - why complain if all you need is couple click away?

my friends hate me for setting my server this way but when they play anything else they come back saying anything other is just lame ;)

any chance there will be underground poi's ?

im not talking about caves or bunkers accessible from the surface. Im talking about ones that are completely closed off with no indication on the surface. ones that we would need to stumble across while mining.

would be cool to be digging along and BAM you crack open a cave or burial chamber full of undead.

I'd love to say there already are, and have ppl digging like crazy, but no, i don't think there is.

Nice idea though, on the underground POI's.

I would like to see roaming hordes twice the size as they were in A16.

and half xp. otherwise it gets just free xp delivery and some players reach "end game" in few days again. can't please everyone. 10 z in wandering is good enough and still could be little bit less xp from kills. so other actions gets more sense xp wise.

If the lower xp rate for zombies is staying then I feel that wandering hordes should be buffed up again to the original rate. I also would like to see the xp rate for gathering back to the original rate just due to that it takes longer for a player to get the equivalent xp of a person that focuses on killing zombies.

More like a chillaxing horde now a days. I'm not sure Ive seen anyone complain that a group of 10 straggling zombies is an issue outside of day 1 except builder types who run in circles when they see a zombie in the first place :D

Actually been seeing a lot more talk about how FEW zombies there are in the recent updates. If XP is the issue with having more, then a further nerf to the XP would do the trick, rather than reducing the population to 5 or so. Remember we are focusing on fun this Alpha, and what's more fun than cracking a few dead skulls.

I beg to wonder if they pulling back on entities to keep the game up at a respectable playing speed... :upset:

Guys. Guys.

I decided to buy a new (gaming) laptop, because I was sick and tired of my old beast.

GTX 1060

16 GB RAM

i7-7700

I have, with my previous settings and the maximum resolution, 80-100 FPS.

I think I just became a man.

Welcome to PC Master Race gaming heaven...

Guys. Guys.

I decided to buy a new (gaming) laptop, because I was sick and tired of my old beast.

GTX 1060

16 GB RAM

i7-7700

so when are you going to get this new power house of a laptop?

ooooops... j/k but it is about time you gave up the potato. mrs claus took care of you i see. :)

Welcome to PC Master Race gaming heaven...

Hehe tnx ^^

- - - Updated - - -

so when are you going to get this new power house of a laptop?

ooooops... j/k but it is about time you gave up the potato. mrs claus took care of you i see. :)

Hehe yeah I think I've been a good boy.. Think I deserved something better. I was hoping for maybe 30-40 FPS. Then I got 80-100 ^^

For what reason?

If a wandering horde of 10 spawns then that can really toss a wrench in the works if they surprise you.

If you do go after them for the XP... well, you would also have attacked a group of 20 or 30 so that does not make them any scarier.

20 - 30 makes them more useful and less annoying.

Guys. Guys.

GTX 1060

16 GB RAM

i7-7700

Enjoy your new toaster bud. Have fun I can see your smile from here ;)

Guys. Guys.

GTX 1060

16 GB RAM

i7-7700

Any reason for a laptop vs a desktop? Just curious. :)

Do kids know when they are going to repair the randomly generated world? I spent the whole night generating them and they are very bad, there are roads with cities, but they have no cities, and other cities generated anywhere without roads, or that almost do not see cities in green biomes, and that we have 80% of the map In the rubble biome it is very annoying, the RGW of the first alpha was great, please! come back! please!

Z's ambushing me and a funny moment when a Vulture got inside a building and was going manic trying to get out. Took a while to aim and arrow that buzzard..

i had this happen on bloodmoon night. the bird was so aggro until he got stuck in my little shack with me. then he just flew into the walls until i beat him to death.

A real treat would be if the bird self destructed if they were stuck like that. :)

Any reason for a laptop vs a desktop? Just curious. :)

Haha valid question. Since I'm travelling around quite a lot. I'm often doing business trips, family visits and the like, and I like to have a gaming system with me then. I like the flexibility of a laptop.

I could socialize with my parents in law, or i could play 7 days. You know what I would choose.. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Then I definitely would have the blue rocks for DaVega...

Oh, you!

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy your new toaster bud. Have fun I can see your smile from here ;)

Lol thanks! My wife did indeed ask my why i was smiling so broadly..

- - - Updated - - -

congratz Rockmaster, i'm happy for you :)

Thanks mate!

For what reason?

If a wandering horde of 10 spawns then that can really toss a wrench in the works if they surprise you.

If you do go after them for the XP... well, you would also have attacked a group of 20 or 30 so that does not make them any scarier.

For what reason? How about, its a zombie game and large herds of wandering zombies are cool? Practically the only time we see zombies now are sleeping in POIs and blood moons.

The fact that you need to ask "why" makes my stomach churn.

Maybe if there were more zombies walking around outside like A15 it wouldnt be such a big deal to have herds on a timer.

I rarely ask for anything but im going to ask for this.

I politely ask for zombies in 7 days to surround bases and attack/try to breach from all directions at ounce. I mean a full 360 degree perimeter.

Lets imagine a mini horde of 20 random low level zombies so were all looking at the same scenario. Now lets imagine a 10x10 square structure made out of concrete 4 blocks high. Now were all seeing the same thing.

How i propose to achieve this. Currently zombies sense and all attack the weakest part/point of any structure. Fine lets go with that.

Assuming all 4 walls are of the same material they will all attack 1 specific spot. I propose instead of all zombies ganging up on 1 lower block section the the block directly above it to gain access ( gaining a damage bonus for every added attacker in the process ) almost instantly with 6 or more zombies all attacking the same 2 blocks.

Im thinking once 3 zombies all attack the same blocks all future zombies attack 2-3 blocks away instead of all attacking the same 2 block basically melting them. So, we had 20 zombies basically now in groups of 3 all attacking 2-3 blocks away from any other gang of 3 so its now 7 different groups of 3 all attacking different blocks 2-3 blocks away from any other group of 3.

In my mind this accomplishes a few things.

1. 20 zombies dont breach in 3.5 seconds and all conga line through the same hole making the rext of the structure useless.

2. 3 zombies in a gang does considerably less damage allowing you time to repair or defend at least a few areas of being attacked.

3. This imo spreads the attacking groups out and makes the player decide which group of 3 is the greatest threar and act accordingly.

4. Actually makes spike traps or defences placed around the exterior perimeter worth a damn instead of just the few traps in from of the 1 point currently being attacked by all 20 zombies.

5. The sheer psychological effect of possibly being surrounded adds tension and anxiety to the game like we used to feel.

The same principle could then be applied to horde night. Instead of all zombies attacking he same spot wether above ground or underground the player would hear attacks coming from basically every different direction if above ground.

If underground instead of 2-3 areas of attack/digging they would also " spread out " and could possibly gain access in a 360 degree circle around the underground player.

The threats at this point are coming from 1 direction and basically boring and predictable. Imo this or a system that achieved the same "spread out " effect would add ALOT to the game.

Thoughts and or critiques ?

Archived