Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My intention was to find a way to make the player participate at all Content.

Simple Houses attract no endgame Player.

I add ammo in really low amounts to cupboards, cabinets and Night stands. And a new item named Stuff, what means all that trash you find in civil cabinets. This "Stuff" give the player coins by selling it or other nice stuff via the quest.

Player try to skipp wandering hordes

Should be explained by the picture how i want it to work.

Player skip 7th day hordes

This is a bit more complicated and will end in 2 Versions

Version One: There is a nice reward to do them

Version Two: Here the Glowing Hawaian has very low HP but explode very heavy if not killed fast.

Means Version 1 only Rewards, version 2 with a carrot and a stick.

Player allways loot the same Buildings

With the "Valuable Crates" the idea is that player get a nice bonus if they loot a POI the very first time. Means no open Doors, no open safes, no additional escape ways. (This Crates are blocks that the player can pick up)

Sadly there is no real way to add with the A16 Questsystem really nice Quests.

all you can do is

* Kill Quests

* Gather Quests (what could end in "player opens one of his crates")

* Craft Skills

* Place Blocks Quests (without any chance to define what the player should build)

* Move to trader

Maybe in the guise of "training" the player into being a useful member of the faction? It makes enough sense to me anyway, but see if Roland can sell the idea it to MM.

IMO, the game needs a plot like a fish needs water. But opinions will differ on this.

I think Navezgane needs a real plot

For rwg something like the above but with a bit more deep (and more possible objectives) would be enough. But thats why i ask here, i want to know what you others think and feel about that. And hope TFP can take good conclusions from that Discussion

Btw there should be a task to build a NPC base / Small village

What do you think about this quest layout ?

The glowing female fat would be wandering horde only.

The glowing hawaian would be hordenight horde only.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198321326453/screenshot/879753599891997914

15B1F154807E123D142A02E5FA3C05DC92FA061D

Glowing zeds should be reduced to their non-glowing counterparts.

Q400 cloth armor for finding a trader is a bit much. Q100 would be more appropriate.

I was just thinking about the procedurally generated dungeons in Daggerfall as I was going through the vertical dungeon crawl buildings of 7DTD. I couldn't help but wonder, "the devs are as old as I am, did they play this too? Could these have served as inspiration?". I love that the prefab houses will be like this too! I can remember the satisfaction of being able to fly through a dungeon to the loot, having memorized the layout from previous run-throughs. Just one more thing to look forward to mastering in 7DTD. Keep up the good work, Love This Game.

P.S. This is the first game that isn't a Bethesda title that let's me do whatever the hell I can think of, and still be entertained. The Highest Praise I can offer!

P.P.S. Haters to the left, I play $kyr!m with over 200 mods and CAN do anything I can think of.

Apparently, I am being particularly dense today, because I'm not getting what the picture as to do with any of the preceding conversations.

Maybe a suggestion.

There's no wind effect (i.e wind zones) so far in the game. Since it's part survival, could be interesting to have them.

Maybe this should be in Pimp Dreams but am hoping it will get more exposure here :)

Was thinking it would be nice if the waypoints were sorted alphabetically. It would be easier to find one when you have a lot of them and also it is easier to send your allies all your Traders, Working Stiffs, o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶v̶e̶s̶, Water sources, etc if they are all together.

Apparently, I am being particularly dense today, because I'm not getting what the picture as to do with any of the preceding conversations.

Its forum`s mood. It is still young, will pass through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this should be in Pimp Dreams but am hoping it will get more exposure here :)

Was thinking it would be nice if the waypoints were sorted alphabetically. It would be easier to find one when you have a lot of them and also it is easier to send your allies all your Traders, Working Stiffs, o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶v̶e̶s̶, Water sources, etc if they are all together.

Or they can make categories, same as in our inventory. From using the icons they gave us to maybe a tag system.

Maybe a suggestion.

There's no wind effect (i.e wind zones) so far in the game. Since it's part survival, could be interesting to have them.

Theres no wind effects coz theres no smell with update 16. TFP turned off the smell mechanic that let zombies smell you carrying raw meat. It may come back in U17 but with how much MM has shown us i doubt it will be back until U18. IF the wind mechanic was added to the game it would affect the zombie smell as well. WHY? TFP would have to script how far that smell might drift on said wind.

And also if its a breeze or outright blustery galeforce wind.

Wind?

Seriously? That's what people are talking about now?

You've got to be kidding me!

We just got rid of UMA zeds and increased FPS.

Now you want to add something as minor as wind and drop that rate all over again?

While I respect other's opinion, I wholly disagree with this suggestion.

Yeah bring back smell [when you get it working] but wind NO WAY!

That's just too CPU intensive for something we don't need.

Just my opinion folks. You're more than welcome to disagree.

nothings-happening.gif

What site did you use for this wizardry?

- - - Updated - - -

Wind?

Seriously? That's what people are talking about now?

You've got to be kidding me!

We just got rid of UMA zeds and increased FPS.

Now you want to add something as minor as wind and drop that rate all over again?

While I respect other's opinion, I wholly disagree with this suggestion.

Yeah bring back smell [when you get it working] but wind NO WAY!

That's just too CPU intensive for something we don't need.

Just my opinion folks. You're more than welcome to disagree.

My post was never about wind lmao! It was to reflect the slow pace at which the forum was moving.

I used to be deathly afraid of tumbleweeds as a kid. It all started after watching the moive Critters.

If you want to be afraid of Zombies again, go watch this game on YouTube: "They are Billions". O... M... G! They "borrowed" some ideas from 7D2D, see if you can count them!

Now if TFP can turn some of that back into a first person game (the town defense some have talked about here) it would be very scary! :)

Archived