Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Joel posted something cool in twitter.

How cool would it be if the antlers are randomly different sizes and when harvesting you can take the head and put it up on a wall!

And whole mounted Direwolves!

If the boars were randomly sized, have your biggest as a centerpiece for the trophy room.

And zombie bears...

I actually do object to the xp bar but not necessarily because of screen clutter. First of all, xp isn't a sense that you need to "feel" constantly. Secondly, I don't like to think about xp and leveling up until I actually level up and can spend points on perks. When I'm focused on xp gain then I act unnaturally. If you think about survival and xp gain as forces, they seem to work against each other when it comes to killing zombies. Seeing that bar go up when killing zombies is going to be a powerful force encouraging me to play the game to move that bar rather than play it to survive.

Better for it to be hidden, imo.

Theres no wind effects coz theres no smell with update 16. TFP turned off the smell mechanic that let zombies smell you carrying raw meat. It may come back in U17 but with how much MM has shown us i doubt it will be back until U18. IF the wind mechanic was added to the game it would affect the zombie smell as well. WHY? TFP would have to script how far that smell might drift on said wind.

And also if its a breeze or outright blustery galeforce wind.

There is wind in the game. I've noticed that it cools you off, I'm not sure if that is coincidence or not, but every time the wind really gets going my dude's temperature drops and I have to put on a coat.

Can i have a Temperature Bar instead of the XP bar ?

I really dont miss the ability to feel XP with my skin

Yes, temperature would be better, as various people have said farm for XP is not the focus of the game, surviving is. Also temperature should be a little bit more sensible. Also fix the insulation, I should not get warmer by taking off some clothes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh wait I just had a thought.

Stag + hoe = babies

Animal farming confirmed for a17

Yussss ��

Doe????

Does that mean you should not hunt doe? So that they can breed up?

Gotta admit, I am curious what the official party line on removing thirst and hunger is now...

I just introduced a family member to 7dtd. Not knowing anything at all about the game, learning to use both kb/mouse when playing, and completely addicted already that when they see real life things they have to make comparison 7dtd outbursts, what was the very first question I was asked after learning the ins and outs?

"Why can't I see my food and water on this screen..?"

:laugh:

By the way, thanks Pimps, you have a new fan that loves looting & painting!

(Also, the new stag looks majestic)

I actually do object to the xp bar but not necessarily because of screen clutter. First of all, xp isn't a sense that you need to "feel" constantly. Secondly, I don't like to think about xp and leveling up until I actually level up and can spend points on perks. When I'm focused on xp gain then I act unnaturally. If you think about survival and xp gain as forces, they seem to work against each other when it comes to killing zombies. Seeing that bar go up when killing zombies is going to be a powerful force encouraging me to play the game to move that bar rather than play it to survive.

Better for it to be hidden, imo.

Agreed----I like leveling to surprise me....I love surprises!!

Can we please swap the XP bar for a 7 Day count down bar instead? Does anyone REALLY need to know every second how close they are to leveling?

Wouldn't everyone rather have that bar actually hold 7 boxes and each box filled is a day passed, inching closer to day 7, horde night?

Pretty please? With sugar, a cherry, some applesauce, yogurt, and a whole bag of peas on top?!?!?!

Can we please swap the XP bar for a 7 Day count down bar instead? Does anyone REALLY need to know every second how close they are to leveling?

Wouldn't everyone rather have that bar actually hold 7 boxes and each box filled is a day passed, inching closer to day 7, horde night?

Pretty please? With sugar, a cherry, some applesauce, yogurt, and a whole bag of peas on top?!?!?!

At that topic i would simply like a different time/Date

Instead of

Day 80

i would like

Week 11

Day 3

I really hope we get the option to Randomize the Hordenights.

If this happens a Day to horde Bar would be problematic/senseless

Archived