Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Bandits are already in. Precious development hours were already spent. Open the console with F1 and type dm and then close the console and press F6 and go ahead and spawn in some bandits if you'd like to see them. They are currently disabled BECAUSE the animations look so bad. If you want bandits then you want the mocap animations because its going to continue to be no bandits enabled in the game until they move realistically and act realistically. Mocap fixes their movement and AI will fix their behavior.

So be happy with the mocap. It is what is needed for what you want.

Thanks for the clarification. Was unclear (to me at least) why they were not in yet, assumed it was more of an AI issue. Also I mistrust the spawner as an indicator, it has behemoths :)

And I am happy with the Animations.

Thanks for the clarification. Was unclear (to me at least) why they were not in yet, assumed it was more of an AI issue. Also I mistrust the spawner as an indicator, it has behemoths :)

And I am happy with the Animations.

Then you'll be ecstatic over the new animations!

Speaking of bandits. Would be a nice touch if they got molotov,alcohol,gas can attached to them/their vehicles if they any and when you hit/shoot them they ..explode with some splash damage.

If you look at the um... I think it's utilityai.xml, you can get a general sense of where they're going with the AI. They're going to weight actions per entity, which should give us a nice way to have things that run away after x happens, things that run towards you after x happens, etc...

Gonna be pretty cool. =)

I think it looks too clean for a post-apocalyptic world. It needs more muck and murkiness to it. As a matter of fact, it looks tropical with how blue it is.

I don't know what sort of tropical rivers you've been to. The ones I've seen are all opaque brown or blackish. See below for an example of both, when the two tributaries join up to form the Amazon river(*):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23317[/ATTACH]

Now, the sea around some islands is particularly clear, by a combination of elements. Lack of churn in the water due to reefs, low plankton levels due to high temperatures, natural filtering properties of soil composition, and low depths can all contribute. See Curacao below for "all of the above":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23318[/ATTACH]

(*) Or, depending on whom you ask, that's just _a_ tributary joining the Amazon river.

Zombie turds are the ones to avoid. They clog toilets and totally kill your attempts at composting.

Plants grown with the help of zombie turds have a chance of containing special abilities. Affected food could grant extra strength, heightened awareness (detecting zombies, players, humans, and animals before you could normally see them) and zombies would not attack you as they would not detect you being a human unless it was a blood moon.

This would be accompanied by a new sick icon with a count down. When it hits 0 you turn into a zombie (new death scene) and to get your back pack back you now have to kill your old self fully equipped.

That is unless you take vitamins before the timer runs out.

I don't know what sort of tropical rivers you've been to. The ones I've seen are all opaque brown or blackish. See below for an example of both, when the two tributaries join up to form the Amazon river(*):

Now, the sea around some islands is particularly clear, by a combination of elements. Lack of churn in the water due to reefs, low plankton levels due to high temperatures, natural filtering properties of soil composition, and low depths can all contribute. See Curacao below for "all of the above":

(*) Or, depending on whom you ask, that's just _a_ tributary joining the Amazon river.

Google Arizona rivers and you'll find a wide variety of water conditions. Keep in mind too water color and clarity changes with weather conditions also. A nice clear water river can easily be murky after a heavy rain.

Google Arizona rivers and you'll find a wide variety of water conditions. Keep in mind too water color and clarity changes with weather conditions also. A nice clear water river can easily be murky after a heavy rain.

All the rivers and lakes (??) currently have a sandy bottom which should tend towards clean water. The colour should be able to be changed with the weather (reflection of the sky), plus an attribute for the water being mixed up with the weather. Would be nice, I think.

It looks lovely but I don't trust drinking water I can't see....but I also don't want to have to chew it.

I9sLla8.jpg

Archived