Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Did you all realize that the Difference between a Q1 and a Q600 Weapons is not that huge anymore since somcewhere in A16 ?

I spend my time currently by Balance startequip for my mod, and the Difference at weapons is not longer that much relevant. Today i look deeper in Tools, but if tools are comparable we make mountains out of molehills.

T knocks them out of the park sometimes. We all have our roles, I'm happy just as host. =)

Wasn't trying to take away from that discussion by any means, but I like it when Roland makes you sweat. A sweating Gup is a fierce Gup and a fierce Gup is a Gup I can stand behind.

That whole convo is something Pimps need to read.

If you really care about Quality Balance have a look in this Table

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQZNZDeqikaSlofRXEhULm0-AOmxlpyQGn9k54zD2eCetcMkkHUpW-V2uWJ3wzcOeQQucT0nnpSTPhD/pubhtml

My way will be to reduce the difference between Q600 and Q1 items to (stay at the Q600 Value )

125% at Startgame items

150% at Midgame Items

175% at endganme Items

But only at the Primary Value = Tools Blockdamage and Weapons Entity Damage

This way it simply is not longer so much important which Quality a item is

Here my result for my mod

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSmlejN7R6rsiAM-EXeu4fT_0ditup0P22504yeGOV0HKro61GDS6JMUswhJLMAJWodqvYegJQ8zVtw/pubhtml

There are still huge Differences at Degration, Buff Chances and other values that make better items worthfull, but the Damage is the Core Value of Weapons and tools that decide between usable and trash.

Wasn't trying to take away from that discussion by any means, but I like it when Roland makes you sweat. A sweating Gup is a fierce Gup and a fierce Gup is a Gup I can stand behind.

That whole convo is something Pimps need to read.

Oh Lord, I didn't take it that way. :)

Roland gives as good as he gets, which is why I like him.

...and I truly do hope the pimps at least consider there are better systems than levelled loot, and more importantly that it's not too late to change it.

I just think that having a timer (Let's say 30s) to get into a container could better implemented from time to gain access which is an arbitrary figure, into having to manually gain access (container is either locked, jammed, or trapped with consequential mini-games or whatever) into a system where every item or group of items has a value based on how easily it can be removed from the container. Like I said, gathering a pile of lead shavings or whatever should take more time than slinging a hunting rifle over your shoulder.

I was also mentally wrestling with an idea where the more knowledge you have in a field, the faster you can get it out of a container. That one may need some more playing around with to make it fit.

Hi. Been lurking for a while.

Dont forget there is a thrill when you find a purple item on low levels. Especially a shot gun !!!!

I also quite like seeing the belt all full of purple. Getting gear to its max is almost like a mini quest i set for myself. Dont mind grinding to get it.

Purple wrench from crafting and combining and then go dismantle cars gives purple batteries etc.

Anyway plane is boarding

Awesome awesome game. Been gamng since before doom. Best yet!

Oh Lord, I didn't take it that way. :)

Roland gives as good as he gets, which is why I like him.

...and I truly do hope the pimps at least consider there are better systems than levelled loot, and more importantly that it's not too late to change it.

well you turned me around. I wasn't bothered by the current system because I just can see so many things now as placeholders that are just, and still, getting fleshed out. I would like it if there was an almost impossible chance to have a 600/purple anything with a median at around 450/blue being the best you can combine/buy/scavenge across the board.

I just read the conversation. There are some very good ideas to improve the loot system. Definitely worth to be considered by TFP!

I have not given it much thought other then the current system feels generic. Just hang in there long enough and the numbers (quality) will get better by magic. Usually i hate generic things in games. It's not that they certainly break the immersion, they just don't deliver it. Basically you grind to have some better numbers behind the curtains to have your gun feel less spongebobby.

More locations

It would be good if there were more locations and vehicles such as railway stations and trains, airports and airplanes and other similar locations, because walking around the city, which is not very different from others (ok skyscrapers are great) is a bit boring after a while. I know that something like that is probably an impossible idea, but it would help improve the game, it would be closer to the real zombie apocalypse. I'm playing 7 Days To Die since Alpha 10 and many of the buildings has not changed, so a few new buildings have been added, but they're still just cities with nothing special. Even if nothing would be added, it will still be my favorite game.

P. S. Sorry 4 my english :)

It would be good if there were more locations and vehicles such as railway stations and trains, airports and airplanes and other similar locations, because walking around the city, which is not very different from others (ok skyscrapers are great) is a bit boring after a while. I know that something like that is probably an impossible idea, but it would help improve the game, it would be closer to the real zombie apocalypse. I'm playing 7 Days To Die since Alpha 10 and many of the buildings has not changed, so a few new buildings have been added, but they're still just cities with nothing special. Even if nothing would be added, it will still be my favorite game.

I don't know if they have plans for railway stations or airports in the future, but MM did say they are remaking most of the houses for a future release near you. No subways in Arizona where the game is set, but some creepy underground areas with rare loot would be cool. And airports are a must if we get gyrocopters, where else would you find the parts?

P.S. Your English is good!

Your English is fine, so don't worry about it. :) And welcome to the forum.

On adding to the game, it would be nice if new buildings could be added, but I don't know enough about programing if it would create other problems to add or remove. I do know that there is going to be some changes in some houses, and it is possible they will add more buildings, they did when A16 was released so hopefully a few more.

I think a airport would be good, it doesn't have to be a big one, just one of those small types, like the one up the road from where I live. Just the two seater planes, maybe hold four are the type of planes that fly in and out. Something like that would have a hanger, couple of buildings for equipment and such, store a small plane in maybe, or whatever is needed to keep the runway clear. Small office building that would have the normal desk, bookshelf, filing cabinet and hopefully a bit more.

Have you checked out any of the mods? There are some great ones that you could check out. War of the Walkers is a really good one; has some fantastic builds, lots of different foods and loot, many different POIs, one town is a Asian town, beautiful buildings. Starvation is supposed to be a good one, lots of animals in it along with buildings added, and NPCs. I haven't played in any, but seen some videos and they are really good. Skippy(0033? can't remember the rest of his name) has created a mod and there is a new one, Ravenhearst I think is the name, and there are more I am sure that you could check out.

Crossing fingers that the fun pimps will check them out and maybe be able to use something from them, it would be nice to have a couple of buildings from that Asian town in a section of a city. And some of the recipes, loot and other.

I love this game too, but for those who have played it for a couple or more years it can get very familiar and older players want some spice added to the game for a change of pace.

Catwalks-

is it possible to make the railing catwalks and board stairs behave in a manner where if you put one next to a catwalk block without, that it drops the railing on the inside that is connected?

ie to achieve a railing on one side, but not the other.

only within the catwalk family.

hope that's clear, always have a hard time spitting it out.

would also adore a catwalk corner without a railing :)

ps- i know there is a separate railing block, which is useful in situations, but it has to sit outside the block and doesn't line up if you're doing alternating builds

I know exactly what you mean. If you orientate the double sided railing laptops together with the same orientation, the inside railing will disappear. You can do this for any length, but it will not always be acceptable. They really need a cat walk with a railing on one side.

You can make a "pole" with a sticky note on it if you want.

I prefer making my suspended fort from polls. So I'm all for polls! :)

As a 480 SMG is almost as good as a 600 SMG, I don't see the point.

I've always said: Guns done kill people... its the bullets!

Now, quality bullets I can get behind:

Hydrostatic shock bullets for the unarmored living and "semi-living"

AP rounds for the armored guys.

I prefer making my suspended fort from polls. So I'm all for polls! :)

As a 480 SMG is almost as good as a 600 SMG, I don't see the point.

I've always said: Guns done kill people... its the bullets!

Now, quality bullets I can get behind:

Hydrostatic shock bullets for the unarmored living and "semi-living"

AP rounds for the armored guys.

Sadly there is no decent Armorsystem for Zombies

All i can offer you is a decent staged weaponry

Blunderbuss, Revolver (wild west alike), Rifle (wild west alike) and their ammo buildable

Modern ammo not buildable weapons rare as i Vanilla

And very very expensive Weapons with mostly bigger magazines and in case of the shotgun extrem expensive elektro, incendiary and explosive ammo. Trader only

5F4E6A740D7E75558F1F4A799077263703FD0540

And i Balanced the Quality level new (Only the primary value of a item (Tool=Block, Weapon =entity))

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSmlejN7R6rsiAM-EXeu4fT_0ditup0P22504yeGOV0HKro61GDS6JMUswhJLMAJWodqvYegJQ8zVtw/pubhtml

Once NPC's with firearms are in the game, all armor currently in the game should be useless against them.

So bullet "proof" vests, double wrapped and the amazing Dragon Armor vests should be the stuff of A17 with the old stuff used when your pretty sure you will not be attacked by the local bandits (protection money).

Once NPC's with firearms are in the game, all armor currently in the game should be useless against them.

So bullet "proof" vests, double wrapped and the amazing Dragon Armor vests should be the stuff of A17 with the old stuff used when your pretty sure you will not be attacked by the local bandits (protection money).

Depends, i know both statements

One said that decent Steel Armor can Protect against Pistol Ammonition, a other say it can not.

7.62 goes through a Steel helmet like butter (on low distance), this i know from own experience

Sadly there is no decent Armorsystem for Zombies

All i can offer you is a decent staged weaponry

Blunderbuss, Revolver (wild west alike), Rifle (wild west alike) and their ammo buildable

Modern ammo not buildable weapons rare as i Vanilla

And very very expensive Weapons with mostly bigger magazines and in case of the shotgun extrem expensive elektro, incendiary and explosive ammo. Trader only

And i Balanced the Quality level new (Only the primary value of a item (Tool=Block, Weapon =entity))

Maybe all the usable modern weapons are in vaults, collected long ago by all the gangs and bandits. The ONLY way to get one is ether join ether the good gang or one of the bad gangs OR kill one of its members (Suicide?)

If the game was in Texas it would be good gangs and the mass graves sites of the bad ones. :)

Archived