Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I always liked Doom and Doom2 way better than Duke Nukem. The old IPX/SPX days of networking... :/

Heretic and Hexen were also cool (based on the Doom engine) but Hexen always brought my computer to its knees back in those days. :(

Doom 2 get's my vote. Only game that made me nervous when I played and my daughter wouldn't play it, she would watch me play it! :)

How many "jump out your seat" moments were there? Couldn't count them all. Great, great game!

how about a crouch mode for the player, so you can pass 1 block holes?

also crouching zombies should be allowed to pass 1 block holes cause im kinda tired of a ''realistic'' survival game, that allows you to build a base thats made of mostly holes and its zombieproof....

What do you think about this quest layout ?

The glowing female fat would be wandering horde only.

The glowing hawaian would be hordenight horde only.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198321326453/screenshot/879753599891997914

15B1F154807E123D142A02E5FA3C05DC92FA061D

move bedroll back to first survival, it is there mostly so that if beginners die on day one, they appear closer to their body than a random spawn on the other side of the map?

for wandering horde, I would replace glowing fat female and with regular fat female, else by the time your horde level is high enough for the first glowing anything to show up, you already have those things at such low quality

finding trader, makes more sense to give them some dukes so players can work out the purchasing mechanic.

a q600 weapon of choice for 50 crates? way too good a prize for that. maybe a 400 range?

bloodmoon horde? same problem as the fat lady. glowing anything showing up in the first few blood hordes just mostly wont happen, and by the time they do, a q100 is basically trash

Just wondering, I thought zombies arent supposed to spawn on player made and player laid blocks. Wiped out a poi, demolished all floors and open space and either blocked it off or replaced it entirely with player made flag.

Just got back to find feral hawaian, another skinny zombie, and the putrid girl running riot. Dafuq?

Just wondering, I thought zombies arent supposed to spawn on player made and player laid blocks. Wiped out a poi, demolished all floors and open space and either blocked it off or replaced it entirely with player made flag.

Just got back to find feral hawaian, another skinny zombie, and the putrid girl running riot. Dafuq?

Thats a old Myth.

In fact, Sleeper zombies can spawn inside Blocks.

All you can do is placing a bedroll.

Or if you want a Zombie free base

1: Never build on Pois

2: Hoe all Soil in base

3: Never build bigger than 60x60 Blocks

4: Place the bedroll in the center

take it in my considerations, how about the layout at all. would you prefer something like this in Vanilla ?

Its definitely better than nothing and there's some type of progression to it. But, the why of it all is what bothers me. I guess maybe you could dress it up as some scientist you meet is doing some important research and needs something about the zombies recovered.

The plain "kill x number of y's" has never been a good quest imo, more busy work than anything.

Its definitely better than nothing and there's some type of progression to it. But, the why of it all is what bothers me. I guess maybe you could dress it up as some scientist you meet is doing some important research and needs something about the zombies recovered.

The plain "kill x number of y's" has never been a good quest imo, more busy work than anything.

Reminds me of the woman in Fallout 3 who is writing a wasteland survival guide, so she makes you do all kinds of crazy stuff to see what happens.

My intention was to find a way to make the player participate at all Content.

Simple Houses attract no endgame Player.

I add ammo in really low amounts to cupboards, cabinets and Night stands. And a new item named Stuff, what means all that trash you find in civil cabinets. This "Stuff" give the player coins by selling it or other nice stuff via the quest.

Player try to skipp wandering hordes

Should be explained by the picture how i want it to work.

Player skip 7th day hordes

This is a bit more complicated and will end in 2 Versions

Version One: There is a nice reward to do them

Version Two: Here the Glowing Hawaian has very low HP but explode very heavy if not killed fast.

Means Version 1 only Rewards, version 2 with a carrot and a stick.

Player allways loot the same Buildings

With the "Valuable Crates" the idea is that player get a nice bonus if they loot a POI the very first time. Means no open Doors, no open safes, no additional escape ways. (This Crates are blocks that the player can pick up)

Sadly there is no real way to add with the A16 Questsystem really nice Quests.

all you can do is

* Kill Quests

* Gather Quests (what could end in "player opens one of his crates")

* Craft Skills

* Place Blocks Quests (or upgrade) (without any chance to define what the player should build)

* Move to trader

Alone for the questpart that make the player move to next trader forced me to edit all trader prefabs

Because if the player get "Move to trader" a second time it can be that there is no Icon and the player stuck in the queststage

Archived