Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I was merely pointing out that it is pheasable as to why there are non native animals to another area lol. They could have been released by escape or people released them cause they couldn't contain them at their own place after illegally acquiring them. Here in Australia we have had many instances where a foreign animal has gotten loose or released by the owner due to unable to care for it or what not.

It is quite fathomable and believable that the rhinos etc escaped a zoo. Unknowingly how long I to the apocalypse you are. And for some dimwit to have released a whole lot a pihranas I to the system there but as another said if a game went full realistic no one would play it lol. This is a game not real life. By your statement zombies are not native to Arizona either lol. So they should remove them.....

If I recall, reading in the paper a few months ago. Someone fished out a piranha from one of the Canadian Great Lakes. Seems that some twit decided to release his pet(s?) rather than destroy them.

Now that’s assuming the news report was true. It could have been a hoax. But as of yet I have not seen a rebuttal of the story.

@junkrolandpoopedout

Yeh. No. If you've played the game you know that a level 200 is getting purple every time. The small probability of getting a brown is the exception that proves the rule.

More importantly though, it's crap that a lvl1 opens a cabinet and finds a 4 wrench but a lvl200 finds a 600. It's dumb. Levelled loot /can/ work, as a piece of the balance puzzle, but as a system on its own it's dumb.

Leveled harvesting makes sense. On board with that. Levelled loot not so much.

I have to agree. It makes no sense that loot containers change the content based on who's looting. Premise has to be that the loot was already there, but one person is better at finding the extra stuff in there. Consequence of this should be that there are several items in a container, and the worse scavenger only gets a few things, where the better scavenger gets the more stuff. But what they get shouldn't be tiered by levels, rather size I guess. The big item is easy to spot, but the small gold nugget not so much.

Lootquality, maybe

Lootamount, should have a much lower difference between startgame and endgame, startgame is to less, endgame is far to much

Here I disagree 100% :)

I think that loot quality should be completely random, not having to do with any game stage or character skill levels etc. But the loot amount I think should be relating to the scavenging skill.

Mining feedback

I started about 50 mines in both the burnt forest and the Pine biome.

I was told to look for trace elements of ore when digging in sand to know what ore was there. Out of 50, 49 of them showed sighs of iron ore. Only one of them shows signs of lead and that one turned out to be an iron ore mine as well. Sadly I did not find any lead in that one.

So I deiced to keep digging despite the fact that was only finding iron traces.

The results are mixed.

First all mines seem to have one ore in common, Iron.

But some of them had other ores and minerals in them lime Nitrate, lead and even coal.

Did I miss something? Ws there something else that I should be looking for when I mine?

If not, I really think that mining could use more work in matching trace elements to the right ores.

Also more of the other ores.

With other words Q600 Sniper with 100 Bullets the first week ?

And? As if it'd be such a bummer to find something so good lol. Just make it so you can't repair it until your gunsmithing/repair skill is high enough. Kinda like you can't use steel tools at the beginning anyway as the stamina drain is insane.

Loot like that is exciting and every restart has a chance for epicness. I can't see a scenario where someone finds a 600Q shotgun and says, "oh man this sucks, gonna have to restart now".

Just going by a report a number of years ago when some piranha were found in the gravel pit lake near Chicago. The article suggested that they were piranha-bluegill hybrids. Obviously I was a victim of bad journalism and my own laziness at not looking it up.

http://www.qconline.com/news/regional/piranha-like-catch-more-than-just-a-bluegill/article_b0fdfe55-b409-5aa3-b63e-abc9f86dfb58.html

Mutated or zomified bluegill or bass that attack in schools if people can't get past Piranha not being native.

Or, an invasive species like snakeheads, which can be found in Arizona waters right now. Add a little nuclear magic and a touch of zombie and tad-ah! The terror of the lake! They can move from one lake to another just by walking over land.

snakehead_fish.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Not ?

I can, maybe not because of a Sniper or Shotgun, but enough good items lead fast to a new game (if you dont plan to have a long therm game)

I disagree, for me at least the game doesn't get boring by having all good items, that's not endgame for me. I guess we have different ideas in that regard. To each his own.

I

I think that loot quality should be completely random, not having to do with any game stage or character skill levels etc. But the loot amount I think should be relating to the scavenging skill.

This. I agree 80%.

I think the level of the Loot (1-600) should be based on the game stage.

With other words Q600 Sniper with 100 Bullets the first week ?

I think he meant that you could find a QL 600 sniper rifle but finding ample amounts of bullets would not be easy to come by unless you have the skills to make them.... similarly you would not be able to repair it once broken until you have the sniper rifle skill unlocked so the balance is there already.

- - - Updated - - -

f85a49-1510435614.png

Can this be a thing lol

Loot quality is random. There is a modifier on the roll to be sure based on the player's level but there is still a chance for a level one player to get something high quality and a high level player to get something not highest quality.

Before they switched to the current model they were constantly adjusting the loot tables and the game would go back and forth between too rare for the high quality stuff to too common. Now it is just right. You get the rare high quality item in the beginning but as you level up and time goes on you begin to find more high quality things. The current system works well to keep the OP things out of the early game but make them obtainable later in the game.

The only real problem with the system is that you know how it works and that knowledge ruins the immersion because you understand how the game is simulating finding stuff. The same is true of the heat map and the sleeper system. There really is no problem with those systems until people start playing them based on how they know the game is making them work. A brand new player who purchases the game tomorrow and never comes to the forum won't worry about how the loot probabilities work. They will just loot everything as they play and slowly but surely they will start to find better and better things. If they don't know how the heatmap works they will notice that after a few days of living and working in an area a screamer will show up and call in a horde. Too much knowledge and even worse...too much play strategy base upon knowledge your avatar shouldn't have results in things feeling unnatural.

Archived