Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Are we playing the game or is the game playing us?

Now that's philosophical!

It's all semantics. If you are the only player on an MMO server, is it still a multiplayer game?

Yes. There just don't happen to be other players online at that moment :p

Holy crud, that is awesome!

Thanks i'm gonna make a banged up poi version with sleepers and lots of loot on my server, though i'm going to have to manually spawn it in since i don't think i could get rngmixer to spawn it properly so i'll prob only spawn 1 poi version and leave clues on the map for player to find it =)

Thanks i'm gonna make a banged up poi version with sleepers and lots of loot on my server, though i'm going to have to manually spawn it in since i don't think i could get rngmixer to spawn it properly so i'll prob only spawn 1 poi version and leave clues on the map for player to find it =)

That'd be cool if it could be put in the rngmixer, sounds like it'd be more possible in A17, or at least soon after. Since I only play with friends, it'd be cool to run around in RNG map and run into that, not so much if I have to place it, lol.

If you have a multiple personality disorder, are you cheating?

Nope, because only one personality is typically dominant or "awake" at a time, though usually the alters are still aware, just not "in control."

Also...the universe is cruel in that some people wind up with multiple personalities...and so many others wind up with none at all. ;-)

That is great advice, but it is an expensive time of year with 4 kids, 2 birthdays and a wedding anniversary in the last 3 months of the year. This will be a 2019 project. I'll still check out the site though. Thanks for the tip! How much did your rig cost to build?

So far my entire rig is up to $3500. But you can get away with something much cheaper that will do the same job for 7D2D.

I don't think there are any.

Well, maybe load a map. Go into god mod. Spawn a zed with good block damage, maybe one named "Perlin", then flyin underground in front and below it until it digs the tunnels and caves how you want them. :playful:

Nope, because only one personality is typically dominant or "awake" at a time, though usually the alters are still aware, just not "in control."

Also...the universe is cruel in that some people wind up with multiple personalities...and so many others wind up with none at all. ;-)

everyone has a personality.even someone with no personality is a personality in itself.just a boring personality that doesnt appeal to the masses.

Also when you act differently towards certain groups of people aka poser or being fake is a having multiple personality. So must people have it.

So far my entire rig is up to $3500. But you can get away with something much cheaper that will do the same job for 7D2D.

Yeah, itll be a year or two before I upgrade a rig to that cost point, but definitely looking forward to having something I can slowly build and improve on. My laptop is still playable with low/mid settings, but the tech will be close to obsolete in the next couple of years so I'm going to start my build in 1st quarter of next year with about $1,000 to get me started. Should be fun building and upgrading.

Amazing!!! please make this a downloadabled! :D

Thank you =) i'd like to but currently it's still not yet finished and it has many issues in 7dtd . it's also difficult to spawn, it's actually split into 2 prefabs because of it's length being greater than the max view distance if your at either of the far ends. So it may be possible to combine the 2 halves so it would spawn as a single prefab but then it would spawn on land and i'm not sure you could get it to spawn on water in rng. So currently the only way to spawn it is through console commands and server mods for rendering prefabs (coppi,bc,dj etc) and you have to get the second half lined up, it's a pain. Then there is the stability issue, there is a trick you can do to make it stable but it's very finicky and requires you to prep the area first before you spawn it. I'm currently working on the interior, just want to finish it first then i can explore solutions to its issues =)

everyone has a personality.even someone with no personality is a personality in itself.just a boring personality that doesnt appeal to the masses.

Also when you act differently towards certain groups of people aka poser or being fake is a having multiple personality. So must people have it.

I would have to disagree. Most people develop a strong single identity (personality). They know they want to be a doctor or hate red socks. Some people develop DID, which usually include multiple STRONG personalities to cope with repeated abuse, some people develop no strong personalities at all, also due to abuse. I had a dislike for fruit flavored sodas and a preference for chocolate. Other than that if it didn't hurt or didnt hurt much, I was ok with it. It is a cosmic joke to suffer from cpstd and have 160 IQ. Lots of potential, but no direction or drive at all.

Can the map generator at least be tweaked to make caves more plentiful on the map? They seem almost nonexistent in a16

The big caves, where there is a big hole and usually a door, seems well balanced to me, in RWG...

The smaller, random worm like caves, seem a little rare. But then again, they are often very awkward. I think these are randomly generated, and needs work.

The big caves, where there is a big hole and usually a door, seems well balanced to me, in RWG...

The smaller, random worm like caves, seem a little rare. But then again, they are often very awkward. I think these are randomly generated, and needs work.

Those little random caves are so rare to find, I don't really consider them a feature. I hope it is a feature in the future, but once they are building might become more dicey with SI... unlike Minecraft where you could build a floating house if you wanted to.

Those little random caves are so rare to find, I don't really consider them a feature. I hope it is a feature in the future, but once they are building might become more dicey with SI... unlike Minecraft where you could build a floating house if you wanted to.

Yeah those would be a cool feature. But if you have come across more than a few, you will have noticed, that they seem unfinished...

Just imagine the forum-storm with posts like: "Fell to my death again! Fix fix fix".

Better to have it a rare feature then. Still better than nothing :D

Archived