Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yeah, itll be a year or two before I upgrade a rig to that cost point, but definitely looking forward to having something I can slowly build and improve on. My laptop is still playable with low/mid settings, but the tech will be close to obsolete in the next couple of years so I'm going to start my build in 1st quarter of next year with about $1,000 to get me started. Should be fun building and upgrading.

You should have a pretty decent rig with $1000. I started with about a $400 rig and it grew into this.

I would have to disagree. Most people develop a strong single identity (personality). They know they want to be a doctor or hate red socks. Some people develop DID, which usually include multiple STRONG personalities to cope with repeated abuse, some people develop no strong personalities at all, also due to abuse. I had a dislike for fruit flavored sodas and a preference for chocolate. Other than that if it didn't hurt or didnt hurt much, I was ok with it. It is a cosmic joke to suffer from cpstd and have 160 IQ. Lots of potential, but no direction or drive at all.

Maybe your right but from your example where does that fall under..

Yea!! Why were these taken out?? Didn't find any inn Alpha 16

I think it had something to do with physics calculations. Though it has me wondering, I keep hearing something about better physics now with A17, or is that just for vehicles? Could that be explained better or if it's been said before, give me the link? I just haven't found anything that really talks about it in depth.

Inns and Taverns can't be implemented until quests are fully done.

You cant have a big hole in the ground because of quests? The pimps are like girls trying on clothing, they don't know what they wanna wear... And don't ask them what they want for dinner, you ain't gonna go anywhere!

I hope pimps can wrap this up and impress all the players who lost the hype a long time ago, I still love this game and cant wait!

Nope, because only one personality is typically dominant or "awake" at a time, though usually the alters are still aware, just not "in control."

Also...the universe is cruel in that some people wind up with multiple personalities...and so many others wind up with none at all. ;-)

Good one!! And oh so true!

I think it had something to do with physics calculations. Though it has me wondering, I keep hearing something about better physics now with A17, or is that just for vehicles? Could that be explained better or if it's been said before, give me the link? I just haven't found anything that really talks about it in depth.

Faatal said that the blocks calculate their Structural Integrity on their own. So there are no 'physics' acting on the blocks as such.

But the calculations to relate to a connection to Bedrock. And if there is a cave that connection is broken and the structure above is at risk of collapse.

Hey Pimps, in regards to the new perk system, I must say I really did like the use it/improve it of the old style. I personally would love to still have that just maybe with the actual attributes. That would also solve the issue I have seen on a couple posts about gating the higher perks. You couldn't get the best melee perks until you had used Strength skills enough to level up your strength. Just my two cents. Thanks again for making such a great game.

ha! I was right - you were trolling again.

there was a possibility that things were revealed on the steam q&a (that I haven't checked today)

besides, an inn or tavern would make a perfectly logical alternative to a trader, especially in light of comments ive read that one day maybe you could buy a safe night at a npc poi...

hang on

inns? taverns?

either I missed something or you are trolling again...

It would be cool to see traders in non-trader environments... killable ones, too.

@Roland, when traders were first introduced, I believe MM said that their invulnerability was temporary. That gonna change?

Ha - good point. The first one I found broke my leg and I think I peed a little it scared me so bad. Definitely an unfinished feature, but if they could enter the ground more gradually instead of a pit of death, I could see them being a cool part of the game. Maybe not as many caves as minecraft, but something extra to explore... more POI like.

It would be cool to see traders in non-trader environments... killable ones, too.

@Roland, when traders were first introduced, I believe MM said that their invulnerability was temporary. That gonna change?

This would be awesome. I love the idea of having traders at world-gen that can potentially be damaged and destroyed. Would make people stop and contemplate when/how they approach the traders, as well as making their existence more important...if all your traders die...then what?

Fun thoughts. :)

It's a joke...Read the post I replied to carefully and you'll see it. This is how rumors get started....

Ain't that the truth! I was going to interject when I saw them taking it the wrong way... then I decided to just see how far off the rails it would go. It's nice to enjoy the ride sometimes. :smile-new:

Archived