Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I’ll take one “I don’t think it’s good to have mods only be available through quests” post over a thousand “I don’t think the devs should take a year to update their game” posts any day.

Okay I won't say that! Can I say 'I don't think the devs should take 1.5 years to update their game' instead?

I’d like to make a suggestion for A17e/A17.x, disable the command console. If you want to make it scarey, that’s a good start :p

Yes please! option for disable command console for everybody (even admin, though he can change that option at start at will). Quality of life feature that prevents temptation and provides with a great deal of closure, foundation and confort to the gameplay (knowing that you cannot cheat even if you try and being genuinely scared).

I have enough willpower but free cheats are just wrong.... even from the admin. Kicking a player and many other commands should not be issued through the console command window. A simple menu would prevent the admin from cheating while providing him with admin powers.

Yes please! option for disable command console for everybody (even admin, though he can change that option at start at will). Quality of life feature that prevents temptation and provides with a great deal of closure, foundation and confort to the gameplay (knowing that you cannot cheat even if you try and being genuinely scared).

I have enough willpower but free cheats are just wrong.... even from the admin. Kicking a player and many other commands should not be issued through the console command window. A simple menu would prevent the admin from cheating while providing him with admin powers.

What are you even talking about? Why do you handle the console as part of the gameplay? So dumb... . If there is a cheater admin, then just don't play on the server. If they wanna cheat, then on option on your end won't stop that.

Disabling the console commands utterly would just mess with others, who would actually use those. And even that would not stop a server owner from cheating, if they wanted to.

(knowing that you cannot cheat even if you try and being genuinely scared)

If you do that, then you are playing with cheats, which is entirely your choice. Does the game really have to hold your hand that much? Ask someone to destoy your PC upon death, or torture you, whatev. Will that make it scary?

There are no cheats in single player.

On a multiplayer server the owner assigns which level of user gets access to which console command.

This is all working already - just use it.

I see. A limited function UI for the multiplayer server owner doesn't sound so bright now that I think of it. I guess it's all about leather, leashes and self-restraint.

snip

Thank you for the awesome response Roland!

That makes me think that engine mods, armor mods, and who knows what else are what would come for them.

Am very excited for a17 and patiently await its arrival! I know it is going to be a whole new game and SO worth the wait!

Thank you and the devs for all that you do!

- - - Updated - - -

snip

Thank you! I am glad you like it!

And trust me I have spread sheets for my spread sheets! lol I totally get it!

I BET The Fun Pimps are actually just gonna release A18! That's gotta be the only excuse/reason for the year and a half gap (instead of the multiple smaller releases they said they were going to start doing after A16). I love surprises! happy Halloween!

Roland: On the subject of what I like and why. I like farming, mining, animal husbandry etc, killing zeds not so much. I could give a flip about traps (other than spikes) and electricity is too complicated for me. So I am the non nomad happy with almost no tech mole base player :)

There are no cheats in single player.

On a multiplayer server the owner assigns which level of user gets access to which console command.

This is all working already - just use it.

I thought SP was changed so it is MP with Max Players set to 1. Wouldn't that mean SP would have the same options for console commands? Or am I misunderstanding something?

I thought SP was changed so it is MP with Max Players set to 1. Wouldn't that mean SP would have the same options for console commands? Or am I misunderstanding something?

right there withya on that one... my game is set for 1 player and not public... that makes it single player to me as well.

:)

Roland: On the subject of what I like and why. I like farming, mining, animal husbandry etc, killing zeds not so much. I could give a flip about traps (other than spikes) and electricity is too complicated for me. So I am the non nomad happy with almost no tech mole base player :)

I dont want you on my squad if you dont know how to shoot soldier. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

A haunted ship would be an awesome dungeon.

If you have a multiple personality disorder, are you cheating?

The advantage to that, is you can choose of you won or lost... or won AND lost.

Worst case, you won, lost, lost, won, won, won, tied, quit, didn't understand the question and understood the meaning of life but forgot. :)

Archived