Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Thank you =) i'd like to but currently it's still not yet finished and it has many issues in 7dtd . it's also difficult to spawn, it's actually split into 2 prefabs because of it's length being greater than the max view distance if your at either of the far ends. So it may be possible to combine the 2 halves so it would spawn as a single prefab but then it would spawn on land and i'm not sure you could get it to spawn on water in rng. So currently the only way to spawn it is through console commands and server mods for rendering prefabs (coppi,bc,dj etc) and you have to get the second half lined up, it's a pain. Then there is the stability issue, there is a trick you can do to make it stable but it's very finicky and requires you to prep the area first before you spawn it. I'm currently working on the interior, just want to finish it first then i can explore solutions to its issues =)

still amazing, and something like that would be worth the fiddling to get it all spawned in. :)

Jumping Zombies ??? ...pls i hope that's only them getting up on blocks as normal but tweaked so they do it better now :o

IF this means that they Jump high or jump 2 to 3 blocks like a player then that is BAD JOO JOO... i realy hope this is not going to go down the road of a Resident Evil type of game. :(

Nba zombie dlc pack.

The ballpark was "Definitely before 2019". In other words in the next 2 months. Not a promise, just a statement made by Roland with some confidence.

"Definitely" implies more than some confidence, imho.

Out of curiosity, I don't want to start an argument, what would count as a 'promise', in your opinion?

I do hope the zombies can jump as far as we can. It would kill the ramp entrances to bases where the player can jump and the zombie can't. I think that would be a very good thing.

If a maxed out Parkour player can ONLY jump as far as some zombie, then that skill is completely useless.

I can delete that skill from your spreadsheet. Thanks again BTW. :)

Yea but this doesn't necessarily mean that they can jump over things any better. Well I guess we have to wait and see! I hope to see zombies that can jump towards you from a distance! That would be super creepy! They could make a sound right before they jump and then bang, they are in the air headed toowards you!

I dont know anything about coding but that looks extremley hard to implement, without it being a buggy mess.

One of the best times I have in the game is when you happen to find night vision early on and find a hoard passing though that hasn't seen you.

Shooting them with the bow and even running through in random directions into the group. Seeing how many you can hit with your hatchet.

Then watching them go in every direction trying to find you in the pitch black. lol

Now that was hilarious!

Yeah or a horde coming down a hill,but you notice last min.

Out of curiosity, I don't want to start an argument, what would count as a 'promise', in your opinion?

"definitely" is my word to describe Rolands confidence in this prediction. Since I can't promise anything about 7D2Ds release and (to my knowledge) only I used that word, it can't be a promise.

If it is the wrong word for that then it is only my fault. (EDIT) But I doubt that. "Its definitely going to rain" is correct usage of the word, right? Obviously not a promise.

Furthermore I know the developers can't/won't guarantee release dates. So I know any communication about that is just an estimate, even if they really should make the mistake of using the word promise. It's like seeing a PC offered for 1 Euro on amazon and knowing it is a mistake and not the real deal. Or seeing the delivery date in kickstarter projects. :smile-new:

Official A17 Developer Diary for Developers hasn't been updated in like 9 days....

Roland's probably been busy trying to teach kids math. It's hard work. Faatal's recent post about jumping zombies and barbed wire will no doubt make the transition to that thread "soon" enough...

I'm curious how barb wire has been improved. In what way?

It has less slowing effect, which was causing zombies to jump and then be stuck in a slow fall, which looked dumb. It causes a 100% pain reaction on damage. The collider is thinner, so entities don't float when walking through.

It has less slowing effect, which was causing zombies to jump and then be stuck in a slow fall, which looked dumb. It causes a 100% pain reaction on damage. The collider is thinner, so entities don't float when walking through.

Can you provide any details on the changes to zombie jumping (unrelated to barb wire) if any?

Hey faatal, ,minibikes get stuck in barb wire and drivers can only rotate on the spot while taking damage. You sometimes can get out, but most times, you have to dismantle the minibike. Think you'll have time to address this?

Can you provide any details on the changes to zombie jumping (unrelated to barb wire) if any?

Zombies would try to jump up on barbed wire like it was a block then they would float like caught in the Minecraft spider web. Now they don't jump but have a pain reaction. There was also a problem where zombies were always jumping on uneven terrain as though the next block over was a full block higher. They looked like bunny rabbits hopping all over the place. That is fixed now.

Madmole has said (again) that he would eat his beard if it didn't come out before the end of the year. I am also very confident it will be out before the end of the year.

They are putting out 1-2 builds daily now which means they are killing lots of bugs and finishing up features and then getting those changes in the hands of the testers. It is close.

Does that constitute a promise? Not at all. Who can say whether something goes horribly wrong and it gets delayed? Nobody can foresee that. But barring any kind of unforeseeable catastrophe, people who purchase this game during the winter sale will be able to play Alpha 17.

Madmole has said (again) that he would eat his beard if it didn't come out before the end of the year. I am also very confident it will be out before the end of the year.

They are putting out 1-2 builds daily now which means they are killing lots of bugs and finishing up features and then getting those changes in the hands of the testers. It is close.

Does that constitute a promise? Not at all. Who can say whether something goes horribly wrong and it gets delayed? Nobody can foresee that. But barring any kind of unforeseeable catastrophe, people who purchase this game during the winter sale will be able to play Alpha 17.

Will you eat your uh... those 3 pieces of chin hair you missed when you last Naired?

Official A17 Developer Diary for Developers hasn't been updated in like 9 days....

Joel tweeted he was going to 'start' posting zombieland rules, posted 2, then hasn't said anything for 10 days. Apparently zombieland has devolved into anarchy or fightclub.

Are we talking about a17-E or stable?

A17-E.

I am somewhat confident that they can get the stable out as well before the end of the year but there are too many variable to know for sure. A16-E was completely stable for me but it crashed all over the place for others. How long it takes them to get A17-E to work for the largest number of players possible will determine how long it will take.

So Stable might not release until January but if it is a fast process to get everyone up to speed and the worst of the bugs nailed down it very may well be before the end of the year as well.

But I am very certain (as long as things continue as they are right now) A17-E will be out in 2018 for people to opt in and test. And really, that is what everyone wants right? to be able to try it out and see what's new? Even if you don't plan to test and do bug reports trying out all the new should tide most over to when stable does come out and long term games can begin in earnest.

But will we be able to play A17e while eating turkey is what I want to know (taking a week off for this release)?

Yeah or a horde coming down a hill,but you notice last min.

Reminds me of one of my scariest moments. When I was building my fort and not nearly done. I looked over yonder and see all these black things moving fast coming over the hill.

They were Dover-men pincers the zombie dogs used in the game and they were headed my way.

Archived