Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm shocked!

Shocked I say, that the first smiley face is mugging the second and has hired the third as a bodyguard (is that a zombie bear?).

The fourth is too afraid to argue with an armored zombie bear (anyone want to face punch the armored zombie bear?? Hmmm? I thought so...).

The fifth is smoking something cuz he's had that smile on him for five days... wait a second, is he breathing???

I'm on the wrong side of all of this I guess. I want stacking gore blocks Zs can use to climb over walls as others go down and virtually no Z loot. I think you should need a shovel, axe, and fire to dispose of the remains. To me the danger of a horse should be clogging up your defenses and the reward of cleaning up should be your defenses working again.

That said, I don't build bases for 7 day hordes, I meet them on the street away from my base where they can't destroy all my stuff. My base is built to protect my stuff from random hordes and screamers, not the 7 day hordes.

I will be curious to see how the changes in A18 affect dealing with the horde on the street. No running backwards will hurt some, but I spend a lot of the night making brief stands to knock a few down, then run away for a short bit, rinse repeat. And I like to use the sawed-off to slow them down.

If i remember correctly that was the plan a few alphas ago when the gore blocks looked like blood stained mud blocks.

If i remember correctly that was the plan a few alphas ago when the gore blocks looked like blood stained mud blocks.

it was but they scraped the idea... a real pitty, that build was so dam fun and challenging. they would go for the front door, it would get barricaded, then they would attack the wall in force, and the bodies would just pile up. had to use a shotgun to keep them from climbing over, to destroy the gore piles.

the houses are supposed to be crapped out, what better way to show their dilapidation then falling through the floor, or a zombie falling through the ceilings!

they wanted to come up with more challenges for us. sure it will be annoying, but i look forward to raging about falling through the floor. :)

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for adding links to the vid and meme in the poll at the top!

Ok, this isn't a "reality" issue so much as it is a "consistency within the games own's reality" issue. If the world is so old that the floors don't support you then how is the canned food still good? How is the gas still good in the pumps and cans? Look, I get it that having the odd floor block here and there be weak is a challenge and fun. My hope tho is they use some balance on the number of them so it isn't just a constant annoyance.

Ok, this isn't a "reality" issue so much as it is a "consistency within the games own's reality" issue. If the world is so old that the floors don't support you then how is the canned food still good? How is the gas still good in the pumps and cans? Look, I get it that having the odd floor block here and there be weak is a challenge and fun. My hope tho is they use some balance on the number of them so it isn't just a constant annoyance.

Water, mold, minor earthquakes, fire - all of these can structurally weaken a building, but leave the contents relatively intact. So it may be a combination of age and other issues that's causing the building decay.

-A

>>>>>

Ooorh nice kitty :)

- - - Updated - - -

So nothing new ^-^

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want me to cut the cake into smaller pieces for you, grandpa? ;-) That's easier to eat for you!

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

I know one president I wouldn't want o see in his underwear..

Maan, you never happy... cheer up old chap :p

ummm...hi there! :) lol...ahem...its the Legion of Panties for Peace campaign! But that's cool, that's cool...I'm just glad you remembered me....or the undies at least...probably wasn't me. But still :) Happy Panty Day to everyone! :)

I swear my underwear was like this when I woke up...

I swear my underwear was like this when I woke up...

Awww, I bet it WAS! But if you choose to wear it like that too its just fine too! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I reply saying it was about me. I can stand up for others if I like ... and I always have a response lol

oh, yeah? :) That's cool too. I guess I misunderstood that. I am sorry.

One thing I think I never got to ask anyone. Does anyone else play a map of 7 days with an end goal in mind? Not to say of course, one built into the game as we all know it has no end game yet. But for me, I set an outrageous goal, at least for me anyway, and play dead is dead, trying to achieve an insane goal before death. I find I lose more than I win if its done right and I am ok with that. LOL its like playing a game of solitaire or something when I load up a new map. I don't know if I am going to win or lose this map, but the joy is seeing how it all plays out. Of course, this tends to work best in SP mode, but I play a lot of SP so, I was just curious what things others got up to. :)

One thing I think I never got to ask anyone. Does anyone else play a map of 7 days with an end goal in mind? Not to say of course, one built into the game as we all know it has no end game yet. But for me, I set an outrageous goal, at least for me anyway, and play dead is dead, trying to achieve an insane goal before death. I find I lose more than I win if its done right and I am ok with that. LOL its like playing a game of solitaire or something when I load up a new map. I don't know if I am going to win or lose this map, but the joy is seeing how it all plays out. Of course, this tends to work best in SP mode, but I play a lot of SP so, I was just curious what things others got up to. :)

Dead is dead. Enforced by mod. No base. Just nomading all over the place. So the ultimate endgoal is stay alive until the end of times ^^ ;)

Cheers

-edit- oh and i stay away from PVP. Absolutely hate it.

Wow, that's a lot of ketchup in the last couple days!

So the big news items is MadMole trolled the community with a no alpha 18 tease (he did something similar in an A15 video, I believe), no A17ex for the Labor Day weekend, and gyrocopter/boats for A18. Got it. I'm going to the store to buy more ketchup for the next few days of forum posts.

Thanks for the question.

I came to 7DTD by way of Minecraft, so I'm a builder.

After I take care of the bare necessities, I scout for an ideal location for my base.

Once I pick a spot, it's all about gathering resources (mining, etc.) for the base. I also intersperse some looting/exploration for variety.

I usually spend 10 or so in game days building. Once I feel it's done, I usually put the game away for a good while so I don't burn myself out on it.

My end goal would be to die, yes Im serious. I Want it to get harder and harder and harder until I simply CANT stay alive. Dead is dead and id start over and try to beat my record.

I'm on the wrong side of all of this I guess. I want stacking gore blocks Zs can use to climb over walls as others go down and virtually no Z loot. I think you should need a shovel, axe, and fire to dispose of the remains. To me the danger of a horse should be clogging up your defenses and the reward of cleaning up should be your defenses working again.

That said, I don't build bases for 7 day hordes, I meet them on the street away from my base where they can't destroy all my stuff. My base is built to protect my stuff from random hordes and screamers, not the 7 day hordes.

I will be curious to see how the changes in A18 affect dealing with the horde on the street. No running backwards will hurt some, but I spend a lot of the night making brief stands to knock a few down, then run away for a short bit, rinse repeat. And I like to use the sawed-off to slow them down.

wait.....no going backwards?!?! why would they get rid of that?!

Dead is dead. Enforced by mod. No base. Just nomading all over the place. So the ultimate endgoal is stay alive until the end of times ^^ ;)

Cheers

-edit- oh and i stay away from PVP. Absolutely hate it.

Nomading eh? Ha! I LOVE it! It can be a pretty hard life but I bet you uncover tons of map! What mod do you use to enforce the dead is dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the question.

I came to 7DTD by way of Minecraft, so I'm a builder.

After I take care of the bare necessities, I scout for an ideal location for my base.

Once I pick a spot, it's all about gathering resources (mining, etc.) for the base. I also intersperse some looting/exploration for variety.

I usually spend 10 or so in game days building. Once I feel it's done, I usually put the game away for a good while so I don't burn myself out on it.

Ah I actually played a lot of minecraft prior to seeing this game back sometime in Alpha 7 I think? Geez it seems like it wasn't that long ago. I don't know anymore. That's really neat, I am glad you have fun with it though. Do you do any MP stuff with friends?

- - - Updated - - -

My end goal would be to die, yes Im serious. I Want it to get harder and harder and harder until I simply CANT stay alive. Dead is dead and id start over and try to beat my record.

Ah lol now I can respect that. Always striving to beat your record. But what do you track. Number of days? Number of kills? Both? None of these? Or is it the number of dukes you can amass?

Archived