Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Because jumping is more fun. Only jumping and sleeping in A17. If you jump a thousand times, we give you a shovel, so you can dig to the center of the Earth. Once there the planet explodes and game over. The best end game content ever.

That's three things! Jumping, Sleeping, and Digging!

because jumping is more fun. Only jumping and sleeping in a17. If you jump a thousand times, we give you a shovel, so you can dig to the center of the earth. Once there the planet explodes and game over. The best end game content ever.

Yessssssss!!!!

Your the best faatal

1, I think that there aren't enough good single player games and even less good multiplayer pve coop games. You can get pvp anywhere, fortnite rust, ark etc. Our game is in its own space because its the only game like it. If we were just a pvp game we'd be a worse version of something else. Why be number 349 when you can be number 1? I have nothing against pvp, I think I have 500 hours in rust. I always wanted to make a game where the threat to survive is so hard humans have no choice but to band together. I look forward to making our pvp awesome, its just not a high priority right now.

I don't think our game has the proper net code and optimizations to currently be a good pvp game. Hopefully as we get closer to gold pvp can be improved. As you must know, 7 days is a very ambitious game. We need to fulfill our promises not your hopes. Once the KS goals are done and we're gold, we'll probably do some post gold pvp stuff. We have some new things planned that are going to make pvp much more viable I can't talk about now.

very good points @Madmole, but let me offer a rebuttal.

1. you are correct there are alot of pvp games out there. and not alot of co-op pvp, and yes we can get pvp anywhere. but here's the problem rust, ark, and ESPEICALLY fortnite, are just that, pure PVP there is no outward threats besides other players timed fights. besides ark which IMO is not as good as it should be because 1 you can only build above ground. and dino's aren't programmed well.

now for my rebuttal. your afraid of being number 349 but thats assuming you strictly went for PVP and not PVE. but don't you think since this is the only game of its kind you would still be number one in either one or both aspects if you did both. because i'll tell you something if i had to choose between any games that are even remotely CLOSE to 7 days, i would choose 7 days.

and don't even get me started on the humans banding together. its a pipe dream. there will always be a human threat to any equation as much as its wishful thinking everyone has their own clicks. and honestly PVP aspect would add a very unique dynamic to all the groups your going to throw into the game.

all that being said i'm glad that it has finally been announced at some level that PVP will get the attention it deserves. and it gives me hope that i will love this game even more when pvp is finally viable and my 1500+ hours will eventually turn into 2500+ hours once pvp is given attention.

and i definitely called it that TFP would eventually bring pvp to light.

THANK YOU!

[*] "Use" remapped to left mouse button 8/26/18

[*]Cannot run in any direction but forwards. Rapid backpedaling is gone. 8/26/18

@Faatal o Roland

1 * then the letter "S" is already obsolete? since we can not go back with the "S" can someone clarify this to me?

2 * Can we no longer use the "E" to open things? for many it is much more comfortable, since the left click is a button to hit, shoot etc. then if I hit my box and destroy it in the attempt to grab something from it? What's up?

3 * Can we assign these keys and leave them as they were before?

As has already been clarified in previous posts:

1. "S" still moves you backwards, only the forward direction will give you a speed boost when you are sprinting/running.

2. They are referring to left-click as use for toolbar equipped items not general world items.

[*] "Use" remapped to left mouse button 8/26/18

[*]Cannot run in any direction but forwards. Rapid backpedaling is gone. 8/26/18

@Faatal o Roland

1 * then the letter "S" is already obsolete? since we can not go back with the "S" can someone clarify this to me?

2 * Can we no longer use the "E" to open things? for many it is much more comfortable, since the left click is a button to hit, shoot etc. then if I hit my box and destroy it in the attempt to grab something from it? What's up?

3 * Can we assign these keys and leave them as they were before?

I would point out that this states cannot run in any direction but forwards. (Meaning you can still walk in any direction) It then says, Rapid backpedaling is gone...to further clarify that its the FAST move backwards that is no longer available. If you press S, you will still walk backwards...not run.

- - - Updated - - -

Chicks are cool......then they talk!!

LOL, yeah.....then when we talk...we are AWESOME!!!!!

As has already been clarified in previous posts:

1. "S" still moves you backwards, only the forward direction will give you a speed boost when you are sprinting/running.

2. They are referring to left-click as use for toolbar equipped items not general world items.

I would point out that this states cannot run in any direction but forwards. (Meaning you can still walk in any direction) It then says, Rapid backpedaling is gone...to further clarify that its the FAST move backwards that is no longer available. If you press S, you will still walk backwards...not run.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, yeah.....then when we talk...we are AWESOME!!!!!

Thank you so much guys! I use a translator to read the news and also to read them and that is what I understood, thank you very much for the answer, now I understood it well!

MM did not say moving backwards was taken out. where that came from i havent a clue... but here at the time this starts you will see he is back peddling (we just cant run backwards) as long as zed is walking, we can out walk him even backwards but not if they run...

so dont worry... we still can move backwards :)

i set the video time to just as he was walking backwards...

as a side note.. i am a melee fighter and once you get used to the timing again.. you can still kill just as efficient and i can still handle dogs the same way as always... i never needed guns and dont like them.

wow what a lovely community, love to be a part of it, so fun.

I wouldn't take Ouch Quit It too seriously on this. I would like to think he doesn't really feel that way as much as he was making a silly remark based on the suggestion for someone to remain single. I haven't got to talk to you before though. How are you doing? :) What brings you here tonight? I hope your day was awesome! What sort of things are you looking forward to in A17?

Because jumping is more fun. Only jumping and sleeping in A17. If you jump a thousand times, we give you a shovel, so you can dig to the center of the Earth. Once there the planet explodes and game over. The best end game content ever.

LOL!! You made me wake my family up with this one.. You guys are patient. Thanks

Archived