Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Dead is dead. Enforced by mod. No base. Just nomading all over the place. So the ultimate endgoal is stay alive until the end of times ^^ ;)

Cheers

-edit- oh and i stay away from PVP. Absolutely hate it.

Nomading eh? Ha! I LOVE it! It can be a pretty hard life but I bet you uncover tons of map! What mod do you use to enforce the dead is dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the question.

I came to 7DTD by way of Minecraft, so I'm a builder.

After I take care of the bare necessities, I scout for an ideal location for my base.

Once I pick a spot, it's all about gathering resources (mining, etc.) for the base. I also intersperse some looting/exploration for variety.

I usually spend 10 or so in game days building. Once I feel it's done, I usually put the game away for a good while so I don't burn myself out on it.

Ah I actually played a lot of minecraft prior to seeing this game back sometime in Alpha 7 I think? Geez it seems like it wasn't that long ago. I don't know anymore. That's really neat, I am glad you have fun with it though. Do you do any MP stuff with friends?

- - - Updated - - -

My end goal would be to die, yes Im serious. I Want it to get harder and harder and harder until I simply CANT stay alive. Dead is dead and id start over and try to beat my record.

Ah lol now I can respect that. Always striving to beat your record. But what do you track. Number of days? Number of kills? Both? None of these? Or is it the number of dukes you can amass?

Nomading eh? Ha! I LOVE it! It can be a pretty hard life but I bet you uncover tons of map! What mod do you use to enforce the dead is dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I actually played a lot of minecraft prior to seeing this game back sometime in Alpha 7 I think? Geez it seems like it wasn't that long ago. I don't know anymore. That's really neat, I am glad you have fun with it though. Do you do any MP stuff with friends?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah lol now I can respect that. Always striving to beat your record. But what do you track. Number of days? Number of kills? Both? None of these? Or is it the number of dukes you can amass?

Number of Days :)

I was invited to play with Jax and some other forum members a while back. A great group of players, but I really didn't have time to play at that point, so I lost the thread. Perhaps I will try it out again after A17 drops...

lol this all makes me think of one of my favorite flogging molly songs, "If I ever leave this world alive"

- - - Updated - - -

I was invited to play with Jax and some other forum members a while back. A great group of players, but I really didn't have time to play at that point, so I lost the thread. Perhaps I will try it out again after A17 drops...

Aye, well here's hoping to that chance. I'm sure many would be very happy to have you along for the ride! :)

My own ^^. But its for dedicated server only as i run one. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76963-MOD-Simple-PermaDeath-ApiMod-(Dedicated-Server)&highlight=permadeath

It really keeps me on edge knowing that dying will reset my progress to zero ;)

Cheers

My own ^^. But its for dedicated server only as i run one. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76963-MOD-Simple-PermaDeath-ApiMod-(Dedicated-Server)&highlight=permadeath

It really keeps me on edge knowing that dying will reset my progress to zero ;)

Cheers

Oh that's SO cool! I didn't know you could mod! Love learning things about everyone here! :) :) :) Curious if you can help me make a mod, I honestly have no skills but basic xml editing and art...I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag!

Oh so awesome! *HUGS*

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the vote of confidence... I'm already a walking one man apocalypse, but sometimes it's nice to have friends along.

:encouragement:

No doubt! I suck at combat, but its could to have apocalypsi walking around on my side. :)

No SPRINTING backwards actually. Not no going backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

well....:) are you going to tell me how many days you have gotten to or am I going to have to guess? :)

Well what I wish for and what actually happens is two different things. I wish there was a point where I would eventually die. However, right now if you can survive to max game stage, it really doesn't get any harder and you can go on forever - then its gets boring knowing that you will never die. So, right now I usually give up once the its stops getting harder to survive.. and infact easier.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying im amazing at the game, im saying anyone can survive for infinity if you can survive until the max game stage occurs. I wish death was eventually unavoidable no matter how good you are.

Ok, this isn't a "reality" issue so much as it is a "consistency within the games own's reality" issue. If the world is so old that the floors don't support you then how is the canned food still good? How is the gas still good in the pumps and cans? Look, I get it that having the odd floor block here and there be weak is a challenge and fun. My hope tho is they use some balance on the number of them so it isn't just a constant annoyance.

It seems appropriate to me because, at least in the video, loose floorboards only occur in houses that are visibly structurally compromised. It’s not just that the wallpaper is moldy in that room; it’s that half the roof and wall is demolished. In other words it looks like a more violent, chaotic event than slow decay: the kind of damage you see in real life from gas explosions, car crashes, or bombings. So it seems self-consistent for, say, canned food to still be good in spite of the damage.

@Crater Creator: you can give html links a color so it will match to others in list.

<a href="https://bit.ly/2PNFz8M" target="_blank"><font color="00FF00">Hitler Vid</font></a>

Cheers

The problem, and why Roland probably didn’t do it, is because there’s a character limit on each poll option, which unfortunately includes unrendered html and bbcode. That’s why I used a link shortener. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm a single player and I like A17

Hey funpimps

A note of encouragement from a single player with 572 hours played (my skyrim is 236hrs... exactly double skyrim! but then again, i've spent a lot of hours modding skyrim, getting the female textures just right, pretty, but not too unrealistic. i digress)

I check the forums EVERY Day, checking the trackers for madmole, faatal and roland. I dont like all these personal attacks made by these angry users who cannot swallow the bitter taste of disappointment, offloading their frustration at the very persons who are the author of the game that they want and miss in the first place.

the hatred in the forums in the last few months have been so vile. disgusting. people whinged with the hp bar (ok, cute in a stupid way). people whinged about the delay (silly). people whinged about funpimp's business decisiosn (what the? this is getting ridiculous). people whinged about the videos (r u serious? u complain when theres no vid. u complain when there's a vid). escalating from trivial matters to personal attacks. shame on you.

i love your game. there isn't a game like it out there

- the fear factor,

-the building design factor (problem solving aspect, nice~),

-the 'survival' factor, the rpg progression (yay for no more spamming,

-no more Always Be Crafting in A16!),

-the destroyable world (thank minecraft!),

-the open world sand box (thank the elderscrolls!),

-no microtransactions (nothing personal. i actually thank the whales out there for letting me play freemium games for free, cos im not into impulse buying to shorten the wait time by 2 hours. i woudlnt mind if funpimps introduced horse armour dlc for $2, as long as it is not pay2win)

- free updates!

Ive only stopped playing in June this year, partly because i've gotten too good at it (dead is dead, difficulty one above the middle one, no loot respawn, 7 days between airdrops (i only enabled airdrops after you guys lowered loot drop in Zs in A16), and partly cos you said A17 in July/August. :p

e. (what is this crap? am i on MS dos? i just want a bullet point list)

I don't think 7D2D is a failed kickstarter or failed alpha release because i bought it as it is, off steam, not on kickstarter. cos it's good as it is. ie, it can only get better. people got their moneys worth, and fun pimps didnt just go belly up after wasting all kickstarter money as some do. yes, you've taken out some things fromt he kickstarter promises, but added others in. be reasonable people. you communicate with players. you listen to feedback. (reminder, listening doesnt mean obeying every demand made by every person. you cant please everyone all the time). you've sold millions and made millions - a successful studio. a huge achievement! Im happy for you guys. like the guy who made stardew valley (123hours). go the indies! go the entrepreneurs!

Saying maybe july/august, and being delayed, is ok. im used to blizzard's 'ready when ready'. but of cos its not nice. and some people on the forums cant handle it.

you said no more alphas - wow. what a big step for you guys. im proud of you. but i hope that decision wasnt made in anger, in response to all the unreasonable cry-babies. remember, if Ford asked people what they wanted, they wouldve said faster horses, not cars. if steve jobs asked people what they wanted, they would've said a smaller phone, not a smart phone. sometimes the market isnt the best to know whatss the best

Chris.

[*] "Use" remapped to left mouse button 8/26/18

[*]Cannot run in any direction but forwards. Rapid backpedaling is gone. 8/26/18

@Faatal o Roland

1 * then the letter "S" is already obsolete? since we can not go back with the "S" can someone clarify this to me?

2 * Can we no longer use the "E" to open things? for many it is much more comfortable, since the left click is a button to hit, shoot etc. then if I hit my box and destroy it in the attempt to grab something from it? What's up?

3 * Can we assign these keys and leave them as they were before?

Archived