Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So about the zombies not giving loot. Forgive me if it's already been answered, but do we still get bones n' rotten flesh from them even if they don't have any loot?

No. The bodies can't be harvested for bones and flesh. TFP are talking about ways to make up for that loss. It's a balancing issue they are aware of.

or, since we still get zombie dogs and bears and vultures, increase rotted flesh drop rate from them. and increase bone drops from animals over all

Ok, thanks. It's not a major loss, atleast for my gameplay. Was just wondering how to get something to skin animals if you don't find a knife early in the game.

new item, flint knife made from stone. or a metal shiv made from 10 pieces of scrap metal?

No. The bodies can't be harvested for bones and flesh. TFP are talking about ways to make up for that loss. It's a balancing issue they are aware of.

Ok, thanks. It's not a major loss, atleast for my gameplay. Was just wondering how to get something to skin animals if you don't find a knife early in the game.

Ooorh nice kitty :)

- - - Updated - - -

Maan, you never happy... cheer up old chap :p

Ah sorry mate. Actually I am happy. There was supposed to be a 24h strike at Amsterdam airport next week, of course on the day we were supposed to fly to the US for our honeymoon, but I just read the strike will not take place :)

I'm planning on adding the gyrocopter and some type of boat(s) for next version, but no guarantees.

Next version? So you didn't hear the bad news? Madmole mentioned in the video that this might be the last Alpha. But he did say there would be downloadable additions. So you mean your next version addition, then?

+1

I use sidesteps really often if i run longer distances to view arround

Ok, I need to bring this up again because this is a good example how one could be running forward and looking around but technically it would be sidestepping according to the game so it would stop running....???...

This just doesn't make sense!

Next version? So you didn't hear the bad news? Madmole mentioned in the video that this might be the last Alpha. But he did say there would be downloadable additions. So you mean your next version addition, then?

He mentioned that in the video? Really? Hmm I must have missed it. Have you seen the video?

What he DID say (in a post right here in these very forums) was PROBABLY. Not a definitive. I went on Reddit earlier today ( I know I'm a glutton for stupidity) and the headline on the 7 days one literally said "MM Says A17 the Last Alpha"

Do people INTENTIONALLY try to be this misleading?

Unless it's changed, doesn't a stone axe still give you hides/meat/bones from animals when harvesting with it?

Unless it's changed, doesn't a stone axe still give you hides/meat/bones from animals when harvesting with it?

Not changed. Chop up your first killed animal with a stone axe and get a femur. Then make a shiv for future animals you kill. Same as always. In fact I always harvest my first animal until it drops a femur then I make my shiv and finish the animal with the shiv just to use as much of the animal as I can.

And I'm not even Native American.

Do people INTENTIONALLY try to be this misleading?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol cant be as bad as thebpms in Australia lol. Oprah is giving out PMS..... You can be PM. You can be PM. Everyone can be PM.

At this rate, Guppycur as PM for 2019 isnt far fetched.

or, since we still get zombie dogs and bears and vultures, increase rotted flesh drop rate from them. and increase bone drops from animals over all

or maybe it's time for a corn based recipe for glue

rotted flesh isn't the only item used for fertilizer, you can always use turds

Cannot run in any direction but forwards. Rapid backpedaling is gone. 8/26/18

1 * then the letter "S" is already obsolete? since we can not go back with the "S" can someone clarify this to me?

Thank you so much guys! I use a translator to read the news and also to read them and that is what I understood, thank you very much for the answer, now I understood it well!

Multiple people have asked this, so I've taken the liberty of updating the list to hopefully explain it less ambiguously. :)

Archived