Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You can punch anything and do damage. I'd guess A1 had that. You can punch a tree and get wood or destroy a concrete block eventually, so zombies, yes you can kill them with a punch.

Yeah, I challenged myself when A16 first came out to kill zombies with punches only. I think I lasted about halfway through day one and got bored. It wasn't all that difficult, just tedious.

Yeah, I challenged myself when A16 first came out to kill zombies with punches only. I think I lasted about halfway through day one and got bored. It wasn't all that difficult, just tedious.

That's how I feel about putting the difficulty to 6 instead of 3. It just... takes longer. It's not harder, just more tedious.

Anyone here ever land a closed-fist punch to the skull? Yeah, it hurts and you won't last long ;) But realism sometimes takes a back seat to a 'poetic' license.

I've been on both ends of head punches. Like in real estate, it's all about location. However I think of Zs as having varying levels of rot that might make their skulls a bit softer, except maybe the farmer, his looks dried out and tough work for bare hands.

Hard to say without some details on the cause. Everything so far points to "pure freaking magic" even with some willing suspension of disbelief. While I'd generally prefer hordes of relatively mundane undead (hah!), I'm still liking things the way they are in the game.

mmm....looking at the poll smilies....apparently a head punch with a fish is letal. One died since yesterday. :p

so what up with that Roland?

- - - Updated - - -

Down to just 50 from 30. ;)

It's an answer. :p

However you might fix 30 bugs within a day and then hit one that takes you days or even weeks to figure out. But the number is going down...so thats a good thing

Please don't remove the gore blocks from the game.

Killing a Zombie without a visible backpack just to see it disparate from the earth and leaving a backpack in its place is immersion breaking.

Let us mod them in if we like.

I'm on the wrong side of all of this I guess. I want stacking gore blocks Zs can use to climb over walls as others go down and virtually no Z loot. I think you should need a shovel, axe, and fire to dispose of the remains. To me the danger of a horse should be clogging up your defenses and the reward of cleaning up should be your defenses working again.

That said, I don't build bases for 7 day hordes, I meet them on the street away from my base where they can't destroy all my stuff. My base is built to protect my stuff from random hordes and screamers, not the 7 day hordes.

I will be curious to see how the changes in A18 affect dealing with the horde on the street. No running backwards will hurt some, but I spend a lot of the night making brief stands to knock a few down, then run away for a short bit, rinse repeat. And I like to use the sawed-off to slow them down.

You can punch anything and do damage. I'd guess A1 had that. You can punch a tree and get wood or destroy a concrete block eventually.

Sure, eventually you can destroy anything in this game based on how they implemented it, since 1 damage is the minimum you can set it for but you're not talking about killing the zeds after hitting them a 100+times. How many times did your fist meeting their face did it take to kill them? (guessing) it was around 5-10 times if you did this multiple times?

The thing I am bringing up is, should it only be 5-10 times?

It's like everyone will have sledgehammer fists..so why the need for a sledge anymore? or needing a club as your first cheap goto weapon?

Yeah, I know it's not fully balanced but it is curious why it would be set to cause such high damage.

Um, you can already completely close your corners. Unless you're meaning with Iron Bars (Centered)?

Yeah except IIRC, Steam doesn't let you return stuff you buy anymore. That's why I have a library of crap I don't want or play anymore, after the first time or two running it. - My investment had better pay off then.

Yes, I meant the centered ones.

You can do returns on Steam, but you have to have played the game for less than 2 hours.

Jezus Christ, guys. I don't pay attention to the forum for 2 days, ~80 pages get added.

What did I miss?

Summary of past 300 pages:

Video! Video! We want Video!!!

Video released

The game is ruined! Developers don’t listen! Developers don’t know what they are doing! PvP is ruined! PvE is ruined! PvR is ruined!

I think that’s all.

Sure, eventually you can destroy anything in this game based on how they implemented it, since 1 damage is the minimum you can set it for but you're not talking about killing the zeds after hitting them a 100+times. How many times did your fist meeting their face did it take to kill them? (guessing) it was around 5-10 times if you did this multiple times?

The thing I am bringing up is, should it only be 5-10 times?

It's like everyone will have sledgehammer fists..so why the need for a sledge anymore? or needing a club as your first cheap goto weapon?

Yeah, I know it's not fully balanced but it is curious why it would be set to cause such high damage.

Depends how you look at it, time flies 24 times faster than in reality, 10 puches takes you say 5 seconds, so in reality you punched the Z for fully 2 minutes.

And about game balance: Your fists never get better, the club does (or am I wrong here?). Needing more hits to kill a basic Z might make fists totally impractical, as it is it is ok for emergencies but tests your patience as soon as you want to kill more than a handful of them.

Summary of past 300 pages:

Video! Video! We want Video!!!

Video released

The game is ruined! Developers don’t listen! Developers don’t know what they are doing! PvP is ruined! PvE is ruined! PvR is ruined!

I think that’s all.

The word "loot" needs to come into this at least once

Not much... we're all just sitting around in our underwear, shooting the breeze.

So nothing new ^-^

- - - Updated - - -

We are on page 1966. That's my birth year. Do I get cake?

Do you want me to cut the cake into smaller pieces for you, grandpa? ;-) That's easier to eat for you!

- - - Updated - - -

PvPgate (and the undies for president campaign)

Lol

I know one president I wouldn't want o see in his underwear..

I got a few things i'd like to beg for, if not avail in the initial A17 release maybe a later one:

1: Player sound effects volume slider, seriously most of the sound effects are repetive and hurt my ears, but I can't turn the sound down as I need to hear zombies sneaking up on me. Maybe an option to lower all sound effects from the player, have them have same stealth effects etc, just lower actual volume.

2: This is a big one for me and one of my biggest gripes with the game as a whole: Please don't let zombies screech and scream unless they actually see you. Seriously, I walk thru a poi, and stuff 2-3 floors above me starts screeching and making a bunch of noise. Whats worse is in A16.4 they glitch out and sit there permamently swinging at air, until you let them see you, insted of calming back down. I am not scared of getting hit but in A16 and below I never use guns, not even a pistol (thought I will use the smg as in vanallia A16 it has the lowest sound range), not due to being scared of the zombies coming, but because of the obnoxious as hell noise the zombies make, hitting blocks is fine, but they shouldn't be screaming every single attack when just reacting to a sound.

Thats why I never use guns, the zombies just make to much noise and it gets annoying very quickly, as they tend to never shut the eff up until you kill them. Its especally annoying when stuff 2 floors above you wakes up from just you walking around.

Prime example is the Pills building in those western town, second you loot anything, all the zombies on the floor above it wake up, even if your crouching when you do it.

Yes, I meant the centered ones.

You can do returns on Steam, but you have to have played the game for less than 2 hours.

Hers is some irony I have like 19 "minutes " registered thats about how log it took me to figure how to go to offline mode and turn off that popup keyboard. But Ive played nearly every day since, log on long enough to download next alpha. go to offline mode play game.

Archived