Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

4 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Ah okay. I've seen it implied (on Twitter - stupid me) that there were far fewer programmers and way more artists. Good to know that's not the case.

Nope, there are 2 of each.  ;)

19 hours ago, faatal said:

Yes, except the increase in players is not guaranteed. More players uses more memory in some cases, so additional memory optimizations may need to be found for it to run reliably.

8k RWG maps is the current limit. Also due to memory limits.

Hi faatal, do you know what is the max zombies count during horde on ps5, on pc its 64 i'm curious to know because the console have limitations. Thanks

10 hours ago, maxousara said:

Hi faatal, do you know what is the max zombies count during horde on ps5, on pc its 64 i'm curious to know because the console have limitations. Thanks

That has yet to be determined.

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Yes! :) 

Hide contents

GGuw03oXwAAngnk?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

That's not the zombie bear model is it?
Presumably yes they will be because the current one would look unbelievably out of place among the new ones. But have we seen it?

4 hours ago, Gronal said:

That's not the zombie bear model is it?
Presumably yes they will be because the current one would look unbelievably out of place among the new ones. But have we seen it?

No but I'm sure if they updated the direwolf model then I'm sure they got a new model for the zombie bear

And if there is no Craftable Special Doors Available ( i mean these New Fancy door that POI has) at A22, im gonna start rampage! 

(at higashi tower of course) 

But please! These doors are best but we can't build them. 

On 4/9/2024 at 2:26 AM, Jost Amman said:

No, it's not, but my educated guess is they'll also take a pass on that one since the model is the same....

They are making drastic changes to the dire wolf compared to the wolf. My fingers are crossed for a uniquely grotesque zombie bear

so far the "optimizations" seem to be simplifying the game to shoehorn it into a console. Sure some of these wil benifit the PC game but  a lot of the richness and complexity has been whittled away to cram it into a console. 

15 minutes ago, spud42 said:

so far the "optimizations" seem to be simplifying the game to shoehorn it into a console. Sure some of these wil benifit the PC game but  a lot of the richness and complexity has been whittled away to cram it into a console. 

Please enlighten us on which specific features were simplified in order to "shoehorn it into a console". So far as I am aware, there have been no caveats made for consoles other than the optimization coming in a22, or the fact that the initial console release will have limited multiplayer capability in comparison to the PC version.

33 minutes ago, spud42 said:

I don't see that happening in very many cases if at all. Consoles are going to be limited to 8k maps but PC isn't getting shoehorned into the same limitation. There are going to be some forced configuration settings on console that PC will still be able to toggle and adjust. Console will start out as person to person 4-player max for multiplayer while PC will continue to support dedicated servers and up to 8 players. The plan is to eventually get console to support dedicated server play and allow for 8 players as well. There is no plan to shoehorn the PC game down to only person to person and 4-players max. 

Can you give some examples of the type of richness and complexity loss you believe have been done to accommodate consoles?