Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

4 minutes ago, zztong said:

I think the primitives should overcome some sort of penalty for not wearing any clothing in that spot. Maybe there's a greater chance of infection if you're not wearing at least primitive clothing on the body part that got hit?

No shoes? For persons who haven't trained up for it, going without shoes outdoors is usually painful. The game could slow movement a little.

Or increase speed in time

Hello, do you have plans to update the food, drinks, and healing system in future alphas? Could you add primitive tiers of food and healing items with slower animations and fewer bonuses, or bandages with tiers that heal different degrees of bleeding or are quicker to apply? I've seen mods that partially implement this, but it would be a significant improvement considering all the other systems have been updating. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Matt115 said:

at first TFP didn't wanted guns variants to make it simpler while many people were asking for it : junk MG --> AK--> tactical ---> M60

but Okay : armors was in this same style too so it was simple ok. Not best but acctable because many games about survival have this same logic.

then add variants of armor not tier based which you can't easy say which is better : is better preacher or lumberjack? idk either

So totaly 180* change of logic. So now it would have sense to remove tiers from weapons and add more variants of them

As far as I know TFP didn't want gun variants that are practically the same but just a different name or skin because they would not have brought any different gameplay. It wasn't about it being simpler.

On 2/28/2024 at 5:59 AM, faatal said:

Less RAM has been the biggest issue, especially on XBox Series S. We have reduced memory usage of many different systems. Art is now getting optimization attention to use less memory.

So is there a chance of getting bigger worlds again? One of the fun aspects of this game has always been large worlds with many players on it. It was quite common with A16 to have up to 64 players on a single map, if I recall correctly the size was reduced due to memory constraints in A17. Despite the fact A16 was utterly buggy most of us probably had the best times on such servers. However my gut tells me that is not on the list of priorities and won't be.

50 minutes ago, meganoth said:

As far as I know TFP didn't want gun variants that are practically the same but just a different name or skin because they would not have brought any different gameplay. It wasn't about it being simpler.

Unless they make more bullets types like 

5.56, 308, 22, 357, 10 gauge, etc 

But overall it will do the same thing. 

54 minutes ago, Survager said:

image.png.5b82e41f67e3f6f387e3301002af2206.png

What do you mean when you write "a little Alpha 22"?

I think they were just missing a comma... I believe it should read "A little alpha 22, coming to PC and Consoles this summer. Stay tuned!"

So a little tease of A22 in screenshot form, nothing more to read into it

I can't believe TFP went ahead with this horrible design for the Intellect armor - especially in light of all the hate it garnered when it was first teased way back.  Please tell me this is an April Fools prank.......

2 minutes ago, MichaelL. said:

I can't believe TFP went ahead with this horrible design for the Intellect armor - especially in light of all the hate it garnered when it was first teased way back.  Please tell me this is an April Fools prank.......

This is an apocalyptic nerd, not a high school nerd.

3 minutes ago, MichaelL. said:

Pretty sure it's not an April Fool's prank, sadly.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the nerd set too much if it wasn't for the shorts and shirt. It really doesn't look like an apocalypse nerd, he's wearing shorts and a t-shirt, but this is going to be heavy armor. I don't mind the gear pouches too much, they could look pretty nice. It just looks kind of dinky, and not in a good or endearing way. It's almost a bit too over the top. Throw some jeans under those kneepads, replace the shirt, it'd be a lot better imo. It looks almost cartoonish. Not a fan, when quite a few of the other sets are super sick and make sense this one really sticks out.

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't seemed to change or iterate on any of the armor designs at all from when they were previewed. Could be wrong, its been a while.

At least give him proper pants and protective gear, this doesn't look much like heavy armor outside of the fallout head cage thing. I think that'd make the design better while not completely remaking it.

Not meaning to be rude here, sorry.

Edited by User (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MichaelL. said:

I don't know why you can't believe it. It fits entirely with the way they do other things. Take a look at some of the POI's and nods to other titles already within the game. The way some of the skill perks have been named in the past and current versions. This kind of display is exactly what I would expect from the Fun Pimps, and is exactly the kind of things that makes this game so absurdly unique. 

26 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Are all clothes that we find in loot gonna be replaced by armor pieces. If we can`t use them, why would we need them apart for cloth and dye ? 

@UserNo worries, you are not rude, good point of view. 

I think it would be cool to still have armor with "no special effect", to make whenever you find armor set pieces, even more special.

Edit: I'm talking about both, armor and clothes.

Edited by Trankitas (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, MichaelL. said:

I don't mind the whole new armor system.  It's just that the design/appearance of this Intellect 'armor' is absolutely horrible.  

I would say "undesirable" or "unappealing." The artwork is well done and creative. It just isn't what I want to strap on to face the world. I might put it on for a laugh.

For unfun serious games please ask your favourite steam dealer down the road. This game may not be suitable to you. Please ask your psychotherapist before starting the game 😁

Nobody needs to wear the nerd set. If your vanity is bigger than the bonuses provided then just use some other armor and accept that you have been brainwashed by the fashion industry

In game design balancing tries to make sure that between comparable items the sum of all disadvantages and advantages is equal. Since the look of the nerd armor seems such a hugh disadvantage I expect the bonus stats of the nerd armor to offset this.

You hear me, TFP? Its only for balance, I get nothing out of it 😇

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Anyone want to take a guess which pieces of armor is being work in that screenshot?  The body piece is obvious but guesses on the others?

Hat looks sort of like a ranger hat, could be wrong but that's all my small brain can surmise. Actually, on a second look, I got no clue what kind of hat that is. Anyone got any insight?

The glasses look pretty cool.

Edited by User (see edit history)