Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

28 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Anyone want to take a guess which pieces of armor is being work in that screenshot?  The body piece is obvious but guesses on the others?

Ranger hat, nerd body, biker gloves, lumberjack legs

Though I'm not particularly confident

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Anyone want to take a guess which pieces of armor is being work in that screenshot?  The body piece is obvious but guesses on the others?

Biker boots, Engineer chest/waist tools, Commando knee pads (?), raider/bandit pipe helmet?

The only outfit I've heard no one giving a good feedback on, is the nerd outfit.

But think about it, that's how us non-nerds, e.g. me, look at nerds. So, it kind of makes sense. :caked:

The reason why it got so much backlash here, is because most of this forum's posters are, in fact, nerd-ish! :classic_tongue:

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

yucca battle thong?

@faatal

For those who like modding (and I'm personally talking about adding custom zombies, which I have just learned how to do) how much change is going to be needed to make A21 zombie mods work in A22?

Also, how can I make the bloody wounds on my zombies look wet and glistening like you guys do?

On 4/1/2024 at 2:33 PM, SylenThunder said:

When it first releases they will not. Cross-platform play won't exist either, and the max number of players will still be limited to four like it is in the TellTale version.

However later cross-platform play is planned to be supported, as well as making the same supported 8-player count as it is on the PC. I cannot imagine not supporting mods on the Console editions once they are 1:1 with the PC version. Though initially it may be limited to xml mods on PC hosts or dedicated servers.

We won't know for sure until information is given. I speculate that mods will be supported on the Console edition the same as they are on the PC version. The difference is that you cannot just freely edit the files on consoles like you can on PC, so there will need to be a method configured for that. Since such a method has already been planned for the PC version since the Kickstarter, I cannot see why they would not work to find a method that benefits all platforms instead of just Steam.

Hi, just a question for the first bit of this answer. You say the limit would be 4 players like the current telltale version but will there be dedicated servers because one of the current issues with playing online with telltale version is if the host logs out, everyone playing also gets removed, I understand it may take longer for cross-play etc to be available but will that issue be resolved?

On 3/31/2024 at 7:00 AM, schwanz9000 said:

Since you guys have seen/guessed most of them, here is the current list of Armors for A22.
As always, this list is still WIP and/or subject to change.
Armors previously shown that are NOT listed below, may or may not be used in a future update.

Primitive Outfit - Replacement for legacy plant fiber clothing. Adds some protection, but no buffs or bonuses.

Light Armors - No movement penalties like legacy padded armor

1. Lumberjack
  2. Preacher
  3. Rogue
  4. Athletic
  5. Enforcer

Medium Armors - Replacements for legacy "Light Armor" such as leather and military

1. Farmer
  2. Biker
  3. Scavenger
  4. Ranger
  5. Commando
  6. Assassin

Heavy Armors - Replacements for legacy "Heavy Armor" such as scrap, iron, and steel

1. Miner
  2. Nomad
  3. Nerd
  4. Raider

I haven't seen anyone mention the "Preacher" set. I plan on turning a church into a horde base and cast out the demons! I hope the bonuses are good :)

2 hours ago, jjh5874 said:

Do the poi trigger improvements take in to account stealth stats? like lower chances of zombies triggering in a POI if you have a certain level of a certain perk?

Hope not stealth needs a anti as others have already. I play stealth  because it is my style but without the trigger and attack stealth is too OP. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

2 hours ago, falloutcloud said:

I haven't seen anyone mention the "Preacher" set. I plan on turning a church into a horde base and cast out the demons! I hope the bonuses are good :)

I was thinking that too. But I wouldn't think of that as a preacher... then again Idk what a preacher would wear as a hat

56 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I was thinking that too. But I wouldn't think of that as a preacher... then again Idk what a preacher would wear as a hat

I plan on wearing the Preacher set to proselytize to the masses the Glory of the Stun Baton

<quarterly check for announced end-game features>

You know the changelog is disappointing when all you did was CTRL+F "bandit" for the past 20 pages...

It is what it is, I guess the focus is still on making the game look as great as possible compared to current standards because that is going to attract more steam buys than bandits, and from a business decision that makes sense. For more seasoned players like my group and I, some new textures and animations won't incentivize a new playthrough quite enough. I guess they'll look just as good in A23 (or beyond), see you then !

</quarterly check for announced end-game features>

Edited by beHypE (see edit history)

Will there be combat and movement improvements? 
Better camera control. I play on xbox and it feels very awkward moving the camera. 

When you stop walking your person kind of slides. They do not immediately stop.

Jumping is meh. It feels like gravity is high and you can hardly jump. Mantling would be neat. 

I would love a world setting to make zombies not get stronger and stronger where they just tank headshots. Keep it more simplified zombie survival. Maybe the special zombies are the only strong ones. 

48 minutes ago, FidgetySlim said:

Better camera control. I play on xbox and it feels very awkward moving the camera. 

When you stop walking your person kind of slides. They do not immediately stop.

Jumping is meh. It feels like gravity is high and you can hardly jump. Mantling would be neat. 

To be fair, the current TellTale release on the console is almost half a decade behind where the current PC version is.  Most of those issues have already been resolved or re-designed.

2 hours ago, beHypE said:

<quarterly check for announced end-game features>

You know the changelog is disappointing when all you did was CTRL+F "bandit" for the past 20 pages...

It is what it is, I guess the focus is still on making the game look as great as possible compared to current standards because that is going to attract more steam buys than bandits, and from a business decision that makes sense. For more seasoned players like my group and I, some new textures and animations won't incentivize a new playthrough quite enough. I guess they'll look just as good in A23 (or beyond), see you then !

</quarterly check for announced end-game features>

I feel you man, I really do. But even if I'm not a developer I can tell you that bandits will be the most groundbreaking thing they'll ever do.

I really, REALLY, hope they'll be worth the wait and they can pull it off, but adding bandits the "right" way in a dynamic environment like in 7D2D is one hell of a job!

42 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I feel you man, I really do. But even if I'm not a developer I can tell you that bandits will be the most groundbreaking thing they'll ever do.

I really, REALLY, hope they'll be worth the wait and they can pull it off, but adding bandits the "right" way in a dynamic environment like in 7D2D is one hell of a job!

No doubt, i'm a software developer myself and given the voxel nature of the game, I can only imagine the can of worms it is, depending on how realistic you want them to behave.

That being said, it's been in the "near future" for many alphas now, which is the frustrating part. I doubt they have been all hands on deck for that long, or it would have been shipped/abandoned by now. Oh well, we'll just skip this Alpha and check back in 2025 for A23 !