Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

42 minutes ago, Riamus said:

All I would say is that if they did add that, I would mod it out immediately.  Maybe someone would find it funny.  But to me, that is just dumb.  Needless to say, I'm not a fan of poodles or any kind of tiny dogs.  But to each, his own.

True, but Roland have a good point.

Apart from the last few posts that we quoted or had fun around with pets, it would really be good to have something different as an enemy, a challenging one and also unexpected, not only by how it would looks, but with its own behaviour

15 minutes ago, beerfly said:

True, but Roland have a good point.

Apart from the last few posts that we quoted or had fun around with pets, it would really be good to have something different as an enemy, a challenging one and also unexpected, not only by how it would looks, but with its own behaviour

Oh, I agree that new enemies would be nice.  But there are so many better choices than a poodle.

I have read a lot of comments of people complaining and discussing similarities in the dogs and that but I would like to say TFP have done an excellent job at this game and I am really looking forward to be able to finally play the game on my Xbox. Yes it has taken some time to get this far and still no release date as of yet (hopefully announced soon) but no game worth playing is done quickly. So I would like to thank TFP for all there hard work instead of telling them how to do it. Although I'm sure they do take in some ideas. 

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

But.... zombie Chihuahua

Hell I want to see all animals as zombies 

Cougars jump really high. (Spiders should climb and jump)

Bears are tanks and base wreckers and heavy hitters

Boars are heavy melee attackers and range attackers (they puke and have bomb abilities)

Wolf/direwolf are summoner like a screamer but less-so

Rabbits and chickens are able to sneak through traps so no barbed wire or spikes and go through 1/1/2 blocks

Maybe in 7dtd 2 or bloodmoons

Zombie Deer!

5 minutes ago, armidil0 said:

Is there any plans for modding support for console editions? Or is that mostly up to the console manufacturers and not game devs?

Though I had great hopes for Workshop support, that doesn't really work well with the console editions.  IMHO, the best avenue would be similar to A:SA using CurseForge. That would allow for most mods to be universally shared and available on the consoles. You may still be limited from using some overhauls like Darkness Falls though. Depends on what Sony and MS will allow.

32 minutes ago, spud42 said:

in other words for great console games use a console but for great PC games get a PC! lol They are just better....  incoming hate 5..4..3..2..1......

RRRREEEEEE

Your not wrong.  I just don't wanna spend that kinda money yet. I wanna bo3 zombies customs 

Plus I work about 50 hours a week so I'm bearly home

The 7 Days TwitterX says: "PC Stable must happen first so before summer". 

Just to be clear, does that mean the PC version will be released before the summer or that it just needs to be made stable before the summer and will be released along side the console version?

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Take every single date TFP ever mention with absolute mountains of salt

I'm really surprised to see them even hinting at dates at this point

We have to wait and see....If Madmole comes out of his hole and sees his shadow we will have  6 more weeks of alpha.

9 hours ago, Arez said:

The 7 Days TwitterX says: "PC Stable must happen first so before summer". 

Just to be clear, does that mean the PC version will be released before the summer or that it just needs to be made stable before the summer and will be released along side the console version?

Stable A22 is based on TFP's schedule, but they want to push it to be release as either before Console release or same day as.   Console release I believe is more of a set timeline because they are working with an independent publisher for it so that is probably a set in stone drop.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Stable A22 is based on TFP's schedule, but they want to push it to be release as either before Console release or same day as.   Console release I believe is more of a set timeline because they are working with an independent publisher for it so that is probably a set in stone drop.

There are no hard dates. Console delays would typically be from failing submission, having to make changes, resubmit and waiting on approval. Almost all console games fail certification the first few times as there are tons of requirements to pass.

3 hours ago, faatal said:

There are no hard dates. Console delays would typically be from failing submission, having to make changes, resubmit and waiting on approval. Almost all console games fail certification the first few times as there are tons of requirements to pass.

I’ll say it again.

This (above) is how you answer questions. Easy to understand and concise.

Notice how it lacks “When it’s ready/done”

Edited by Fanatical_Meat (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I’ll say it again.

This (above) is how you answer questions. Easy to understand and concise.

Notice how it lacks “When it’s ready/done”

ummm. if you think a bit about what he has said, he is saying it will be done when it is done.

there are no hard dates or promises in there, what he has done is elaborate a bit on the process behind the ''it is done when it is done'' mantra. thats all.

faatal could be a politician with those words lol

9 hours ago, NukemDed said:

ummm. if you think a bit about what he has said, he is saying it will be done when it is done.

there are no hard dates or promises in there, what he has done is elaborate a bit on the process behind the ''it is done when it is done'' mantra. thats all.

faatal could be a politician with those words lol

“There are no hard dates” is factual non trolling language. Plus there was an answer.

I got my hands on the Alpha 22 experimental build TFP was showing off on consoles at Paxeast.  I found something in my playthrough that hasn't  been announced in the alpha 22 dev diary yet. 😅 not sure if I'm allowed to spill and I also don't want to steal TFP's thunder.

@Roland 

34 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

I got my hands on the Alpha 22 experimental build TFP was showing off on consoles at Paxeast.  I found something in my playthrough that hasn't  been announced in the alpha 22 dev diary yet. 😅 not sure if I'm allowed to spill and I also don't want to steal TFP's thunder.

@Roland 

How did the console build feel overall? I noticed, when watching the streams from the booth, that there appeared to sometimes be LOD issues when switching tools/weapons

3 hours ago, Doomofman said:

How did the console build feel overall? I noticed, when watching the streams from the booth, that there appeared to sometimes be LOD issues when switching tools/weapons

It played really well. Most of the controls were intuitive and although controller will never be as efficent as mouse and keyboard it functions well. The way item lock is currently set isn't that intuitive though. You tilt the right joystick left or right to adjust it and that isn't mentioned anywhere on the screen. Hopefully they will change that. The new armor set stuff is really cool. You will still be able to use cigars and nerdy goggles to. They are being converted to helmet slot mods and will no longer be things you equip.

4 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

It played really well. Most of the controls were intuitive and although controller will never be as efficent as mouse and keyboard it functions well. The way item lock is currently set isn't that intuitive though. You tilt the right joystick left or right to adjust it and that isn't mentioned anywhere on the screen. Hopefully they will change that. The new armor set stuff is really cool. You will still be able to use cigars and nerdy goggles to. They are being converted to helmet slot mods and will no longer be things you equip.

Hm, I was kind of hoping cigars and nerdy goggles were being removed considering how cigars were basically mandatory with no downside and nerd goggles were better than all other types of glasses for... no particular reason?

What I mean is they feel like a remnant of a far older and less-balanced version of the game (because they are). Maybe their bonuses have been reworked though?

2 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Hm, I was kind of hoping cigars and nerdy goggles were being removed considering how cigars were basically mandatory with no downside and nerd goggles were better than all other types of glasses for... no particular reason?

What I mean is they feel like a remnant of a far older and less-balanced version of the game (because they are). Maybe their bonuses have been reworked though?

From what I was told each  skill tree will have its own unique helmet mod. Int will have the glasses, str will have the cigar. So I don't know what kind of progression these helmet mods will be locked behind

2 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

From what I was told each  skill tree will have its own unique helmet mod. Int will have the glasses, str will have the cigar. So I don't know what kind of progression these helmet mods will be locked behind

That would make more sense!

3 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

I'm guessing NVG will become a helmet mod as well? And the Lucky Goggles?