Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

9 hours ago, Doomofman said:

I can't stand those super tall front posts. It feels like extending the front post was the easier/quicker solution than reorienting the holding animation. Hopefully with the A22 character changes a bit more care is put into it

I don't get how they messed it up some aiming is fine like the pistol, pipe pistol shotgun, and m60! 

But the rest the aiming Is horrible.  What happened to the Mp5 sites! How do you mess that up. I don't care if it's a makeshift wire or spoon with a hole carved in it! 

Please at least fix that fun Pimps! 

3 hours ago, Spiked_Coffee said:

Just curious if you know if server side mods will work with console? I assume client side / overhaul won't.

Can the console connect to servers? If so I would imagine a server side mod/xml edit would work fine.

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

New character models 

And new armor????? I really like the look. Nothing crazy! 

What you think the name is? 

business? Burglar?, Enforcer? 

20240307_231933.jpg

Abe Lincoln, Zombie Hunter

21 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

New character models 

20240307_231933.jpg

That's a post apocalypse version of Stan from American Dad

On 3/6/2024 at 10:48 AM, faatal said:

The new 4x4 model plow mod reduces damage significantly and there is a book that will reduced it some for all vehicles.

Once I saw the pictures of the plow and additional pieces to the bicycle, I knew that it had to be the case for why vehicles take so much damage now.

Is that it? Was the increased damage to vehicles implemented because the vehicle armor was going to be added?   

17 hours ago, Spiked_Coffee said:

Just curious if you know if server side mods will work with console? I assume client side / overhaul won't.

That is something only the developers know. Maybe MS or Sony have rules that forbid download of server side mod files or modding generally. Do you know any other games that allow server side mods but can't be modded directly on one of the consoles? If yes, I would assume the chance is much higher.

9 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Any truth to this?

GIHUDStWAAAI5TS.jpg

A bad phone screenshot leaves a lot to be desired.

At a glance though, that would appear to be the details of their setup at PAX East. Which would make it accurate. Though given their history I would slate the launch as closer to Fall.

12 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

New character models 

20240307_231933.jpg

He's the guy i wish was present on the board when Arby's was deciding to stop selling potato cakes. Because then i would still be able to buy potato cakes.

Maybe: 

Nicolas Rage?

it does look really good though, a very nice upgrade.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

9 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

A bad phone screenshot leaves a lot to be desired.

At a glance though, that would appear to be the details of their setup at PAX East. Which would make it accurate. Though given their history I would slate the launch as closer to Fall.

That's still pretty generous, I'm still expecting it closer to December.

Just to clarify though - that's not my screenshot. It was posted by someone else in the recent TFP Twitter post showing the character wearing a suit.

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I hope we get like a operator armor set, looks like the millitary zombie but more up armord and some personal touches.  Add night vision goggles. 

More millitary armor and Mods uses for military fibers 

068af12222afc2c0296b3dddf2a47ec7.jpg

Isn't already established that one of the armour sets is the Operator-like one on the mannequin in Joel's trading post?

Omg, this looks awesome so far...I can't wait for this update! Especially for the new zombie variants and blood/gore effects. Also, the window tinting system as a new optimization method...looks promising :)

Let's go, TFP!!! 🤘🔥

41 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

What other armors y'all want too see? 

I've seen the pictures and some videos and I don't really feel like I know what the options are. I would likely gravitate to some kind of military or stealth combination, assuming that I liked the way the set looked. I'm not overly concerned about a set bonus, but that could change if the bonus were significant. I have used the ghillie suit in game even though it doesn't look so great. Armor sets that I think would make sense:

• SWAT Tactical gear and clothing (dark gray or black)
  • Military gear and BDUs for winter, desert, and forest camo
  • Biker Leathers
  • Wasteland wanderer/nomad, ala Mad Max
  • Some kind of Bow Hunter theme

Among the humorous stuff I'd use early game:

• Baseball Catcher's Gear
  • Football Unform Gear
  • Hockey Gear
  • Military Memorabilia, such as a WWII helmet, medieval armor, Roman/Greek armor (Museum POI, anyone?)

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

What other armors yall want too see? 

I wanna see a night vision set

A winter set

Overlord armor!!! 

A hunter set. 

I want a few sets of "i was not a serious survivalist but i am managing thank you". Kinda like the cloth armor set we have today +flannel shirt +jacket +football helmet, basic shoes/boots etc. kinda a "i am living off stuff i salvaged and made" look.

having a nice "set thats all put together" is cool once you spec into something and work at it or achieve a high level and buy/make everything, but i really like the "looting and dumpster diving" look and feel.

In theory: its the junk clothing we have today that you actually use for the first week or so in game before you can craft/buy/loot better things. But making a few sets out of this "look" would be nice. Benefits? Maybe ... err... speed or looting or something... but the sets they have probably cover all the stats so maybe a hybrid non OP skillset of the "nicely put together" sets?

and yes: wearing pieces of "the other sets" will kinda look like this but its not the same as "human who just started out"

10 hours ago, zztong said:

I've seen the pictures and some videos and I don't really feel like I know what the options are. I would likely gravitate to some kind of military or stealth combination, assuming that I liked the way the set looked. I'm not overly concerned about a set bonus, but that could change if the bonus were significant. I have used the ghillie suit in game even though it doesn't look so great. Armor sets that I think would make sense:

• SWAT Tactical gear and clothing (dark gray or black)
  • Military gear and BDUs for winter, desert, and forest camo
  • Biker Leathers
  • Wasteland wanderer/nomad, ala Mad Max
  • Some kind of Bow Hunter theme

Among the humorous stuff I'd use early game:

• Baseball Catcher's Gear
  • Football Unform Gear
  • Hockey Gear
  • Military Memorabilia, such as a WWII helmet, medieval armor, Roman/Greek armor (Museum POI, anyone?)

We are getting a biker set 

And ahh hell why not show the rest 

QgRfrgE7tqo~2.jpg

QdOOthKEmX0~2.jpg

FOOgJvrC0ms~2.jpg

vnvyhy30o2k~2.jpg

vnvyhy30o2k~2.jpg

this translates too "biker"  @zztong

vnvyhy30o2k~3.jpg

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Would be funny to have some new version of the Goth clothes, like, not this actual-apocalypse stuff above, even if a lot of it is black, I mean like bad Hot-Topic mall goth.

Just some generic clothes which would be zombpocalypse-inappropriate, like @doughphunghus mentions with the current cloth armour. The 3-pc suit is a good sign, but it's clearly meant for the Magnum Enforcer series bonus, so it doesn't mean anything on its own. What about the athletic gear? Even if it's not the same bonuses as the current athletic gear, there's the new "desert" armour which clearly sacrifices defences for heat-resistance, so what about one which trades defences for mobility?

BDUs, shirts, pants, new or used "ordinary" stuff that isn't endgame but still has some bonus over grass armour still has a place in the game, IMO. This goes triple if armour/clothing sets are going to be full-body (no more separate chest/legs) which is going to crush most chances for customization.

Also just a small note, where are the more modern combat boots? It seems like nearly all the new armour sets above have old-school WWII-to-Vietnam-era combat boots, even if they're sometimes covered in tape or armour bits. The soldier zombie actually wears modern combat boots! These aren't modern anyway! The more running-shoe/hiker type-stuff issued to modern soldiers has been around for 30 years already, never mind by the time of the game! I mean, the commando outfit above should have them if nothing else does.

Hm... I'm curious. Are any of the sets going to be dyed? I mean I would assume so since dyes are still in the game, but maybe not? We're all going to be very drably identical in our shades of dingy gray if the versions above are the only colours we'll see. I picked my Avatar based on the way my character ends up looking a lot of the time, so that kind of gives you an idea of where my head's at.

(I mean, with the current character models, you end up looking like the Macho Man a lot of the time anyway, so I just run with it).

2 hours ago, FramFramson said:

We're all going to be very drably identical in our shades of dingy gray if the versions above are the only colours we'll see.

Life is funny. We asked TFP to make zombies look more like a mob (similar and "grey" like in LFD) and to have players be more varied, and now we'll get zombies with all different colors while us players will all look samey and greysh... :laugh:

Armor looks better, I still am concerned about it being all extremely similar looking.

Armor we have now at least the viable armors people wear has the same problem.

I would different pieces that didn’t vary so much in their protection crap even if a random value was assigned to it all that could be fun like a tank top that has extra cold resistance.

However the suits look good and As of now I certainly can live with this change.