Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

Question:

what is the strongest Material in the game?

Answer:

Hide contents

The fabric of the backpack. Think it through, it's obvious.

From my understanding the backpacks do "dissolve" after 20 RL minutes...with everything in them. Yes, they may be durable (I think one time a fall or something falling on them would destroy them) but they don't last forever.

:)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

From my understanding the backpacks do "dissolve" after 20 RL minutes...with everything in them. Yes, they may be durable (I think one time a fall or something falling on them would destroy them) but they don't last forever.

Using a perma death mod. It deletes everything including backpack. I do multi-player so I modified the backpack to still drop incase another player kills another player so they can still loot who they kill. But I went into the xml files and changed how long the backpack stays on the ground for. That way if a zombie kills player that player can't run back and get items but if another player kills they have only X amount of time to loot player.

Anyway, when I went into the xml file to adjust the time. The default time is set at 3600 seconds. So backpacks stay for 60 minutes. I'm not 100% but I think if nobody is in the chunk then that timer doesn't count down so technically could last longer then 60 minutes as well. But I'm not 100% on that part. 

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

In the meantime, they have been known to hold 4,702,320,000 lbs.

This!

Haha just imagine it would have a random chance to rip apart and spill all your stuff 😄

Not that i really want that,

but I have to say I once had a similar experience:

I was playing a mod (DF), and had a fully modded M60.

One of them was the "advanced brass catcher" which gives you back an empty casing after each shot you take.

As I am one notorious hoarder, I got my inventory completely clogged up over time with all kinds of stuff (of course I didn't notice)

Then when I fired the gun, suddenly the screen started to fill with "item bags", which took me completely by surprise and I didn't know what happened.

But when I realized that these were all "one bullet casing" bags that didn't fit into my inventory and therefore fell to the ground before my feet,

it was absolutely hilarious and I couldn't stop piling them up everywhere 😄😄😄

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

22 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

...The default time is set at 3600 seconds. So backpacks stay for 60 minutes...

I'll be damned, when did this happen?

22 hours ago, Morloc said:

In the meantime, they have been known to hold 4,702,320,000 lbs.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

They use to only hold 2,423,298,000 lbs.

I'll be damned. When did this happen?

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

What about the zipper pull tabs? Are we still unzipping our packs by pulling on the original tab by week 2 or do we have to grasp the zipper head itself or some juryrigged tab made from a paperclip? Just wondering if the game back packs are TRULY miraculous or not...

On 1/20/2023 at 11:19 AM, Gamida said:

I remember those days.  If you died in a dog attack, chances are your pack was destroyed in the process.  Sometimes you had to really hunt for your pack, it would end up on a roof or behind a refrigerator. 

10 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

@Laz Man since you're answering questions...

1. Will the world end soon?
  2. What is the meaning of life?
  3. And most important of all... WHY 42?? :suspicious:

1. Not yet. But probably after millions of years.

2. Being good with every living form of life. 

3. Because things like these exist

..I`m grounded, I know. In the corner, again....

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

@Лаз Мэн раз вы отвечаете на вопросы...

1. Скоро ли наступит конец света?
  2. В чем смысл жизни?
  3. И самое главное... ПОЧЕМУ 42 ?? :подозрительный:

1. Not earlier than A22, but not later than gold, so you still have a lot of time😆

As it took the biggest computer in the universe 7.5 million years to figures why "42" was the reason for everything: Saying that much truth all at once would cause most people's heads to explode.  So, one much walk sideways at it and even then... slowly.

-The last number in the number sequence in the tv show Lost was... 42! 

OK that's enough truth for now, come back in 7.5 million years and you'll get the second clue.   But while waiting you must say "42" really fast over and over.  You cant, can you.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)