Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

I can already see people sitting at a body of water spamming the E key for a backpack full of water jars. 😅

How is that actually with the dew collectors? In a screenshot that fataal posted once it looked like the dew collectors can only hold 3 jars of water. Is that correct or can they hold more so you don't have to empty them every day.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

3 hours ago, zztong said:

I'd like to propose a compromise between this idea and the announced direction for A21.

1. Clicking on a water source would harvest 1 jar of "putrid water."
  2. Drinking putrid water would be the same idea as "murky water" but with a much, much higher chance of dysentery (50%?) and even more health loss (-10?).
  3. Purification of putrid water into murky water would take a chemistry station, require coal (like mineral water; representing a filter) and perhaps an extended processing time. (30 secs?)

In this way, the A21 early game experience might remain as intended. The late game players can still scale up glue production via more chemistry stations and with more time invested gathering water if not using dew collectors, and humanity can still carry water from a lake as they have done since before recorded history.

I don't think this is a bad suggestion but it does add another whole layer of water to the system which I doubt the developers will want to do at this point. This idea might gain more traction once we see if all the imagined glue shortages are actually real glue shortages and whether those glue shortages actually make playstyle unviable or whether those glue shortages simply make playstyles more challenging.

If it turns out that the worst case scenarios we've been seeing people wonder about become reality then suggestions such as this one will have greater traction and at the very least could be a popular mod for those who find glue production in the later game to not be where they like it regardless of whether it is still doable but just more challenging.

2 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

How is that actually with the dew collectors? In a screenshot that fataal posted once looked like the dew collectors can only hold 3 jars of water. Is that correct or can they hold more so you don't have to empty them every day.

They hold three jars max.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

How is that actually with the dew collectors? In a screenshot that fataal posted once it looked like the dew collectors can only hold 3 jars of water. Is that correct or can they hold more so you don't have to empty them every day.

I was referring to zzTong's idea that he mentioned... 😅

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I can already see people sitting at a body of water spamming the E key for a backpack full of water jars. 😅

Me too, but I don't think that's a bad thing. You get back based on the time invested. It is kind of the opposite of filling 125 empty jars in 2 seconds. Then, of course, there's the travel time to the nearest pond/river/pool.

A backpack full with TFP stacking would take a long time. In my solo game where jars (full and empty) only stack to 8, it wouldn't take as long. I'm also not overflowing in empty jars because I usually want to carry something else.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I don't think this is a bad suggestion but it does add another whole layer of water to the system which I doubt the developers will want to do at this point. This idea might gain more traction once we see if all the imagined glue shortages are actually real glue shortages and whether those glue shortages actually make playstyle unviable or whether those glue shortages simply make playstyles more challenging.

My solo game went a different way so that I didn't have to create another layer of water. I gave boiled water a 6% dysentery chance. Then I lowered mineral water to provide 40 hydration and changed mineral water so it could only be crafted at a chem station. The idea being that if you want truly safe water you need more than just boiling. It also made Iron Gut more useful.

You can still dodge dysentery with boiled water by turning it into some kind of tea, which shifted a touch more weight to basic cooking.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Old Crow said:

That's great, but doesn't answer my question.

In a way, it does. I assume they chose this size so it doesn't look so cramped when you place several of these dew collectors side by side.

If I look at the model and take the barrel as a base for the size then the model with the legs and the funnel is bigger than a block. So they probably could have defined it as a 2x2 block without overlapping. But then it might not look as good as if there is some space between the dew collectors.

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I asked: "Why are the dew collectors so big?"

You answered: "They look really cool, huh?"

That does not tell me why they're a 3x3x3 station. I was starting to give you credit again but then there's this.

I guess you didn’t catch my meaning despite summarizing what we both said quite well. They are the size they are because they look good that way. It fulfills the aesthetic that the devs were wanting for them. 

Why are the dew collectors 3x3?  Because they look cool at that size. They don’t want them smaller and at least for now they don’t want them to produce more than three jars a day. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Roland said:

I guess you didn’t catch my meaning despite summarizing what we both said quite well. They are the size they are because they look good that way. It fulfills the aesthetic that the devs were wanting for them. 

Why are the dew collectors 3x3?  Because they look cool at that size. They don’t want them smaller and at least for now they don’t want them to produce more than three jars a day. 

Was that so hard?

1 minute ago, Roland said:

It wouldn't have been if you'd accepted my first response. I would have been happy to stop there. But you're welcome for the more in depth explanation of "They look cool"

Sheesh!

Your first response came out as a non-answer that seemed to ignore my question.

10 hours ago, JebacPis said:

Hi all.

A just Discovery 7days to Die game a few days ago. This game is so awsome best game ever Play.

Im very very gratrfull that game is still upgrade game is real best game .

Big thank for all team who work on it

Pro tips: you can put as many torches as you want, to prevent screamers spawning.

Also, using a wrench to disassemble mines is a thing, as Roland says. 

• 2 weeks later...