Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Yep, this can mean changes in workstations too ,right? 

Bigger focus on workstation and reduce "mobile crafting" could be good option

I don't see what this would bring. You need workstations right now for any weapon better than scrap.

And the stuff that is craftable without workstation is surely craftable because people need to be able to craft it without having a workstation (not everyone specs into INT)

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

I don't see what this would bring. You need workstations right now for any weapon better than scrap.

And the stuff that is craftable without workstation is surely craftable because people need to be able to craft it without having a workstation (not everyone specs into INT)

Well - i will expend this - it is pretty cheap to make workbench --> so you can have few of them in some places (mobility) so --> more  tiers of advanced  workbenches --> lesser mobility . 

example

primitive Workbench-> workbench -> advance workbench -> industrial workbench 

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

So : some type of automatical crafting? 

you put crates near workbench and you after that put things there - you want to make for example shotgun in workbench? it will take things from your crates automatical so you don't have too looking for this yourself

He just said that it's different from any game he's played... so, unless he's living under a rock, he would know that what you just said is a well known crafting system that some games use. Try harder. :frusty: :nerd:

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Well - i will expend this - it is pretty cheap to make workbench --> so you can have few of them in some places (mobility) so --> more  tiers of advanced  workbenches --> lesser mobility . 

example

primitive Workbench-> workbench -> advance workbench -> industrial workbench 

And I can just repeat: I don't see what this would bring. Why bind players to a place? If you build a horde or crafting base you are already bound to a place. And if not you will have a very different game as a nomad.

Why prevent that alternative playstyle? Why try to bind the majority who makes bases and already is fixed in a place even more?

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

And I can just repeat: I don't see what this would bring. Why bind players to a place? If you build a horde or crafting base you are already bound to a place. And if not you will have a very different game as a nomad.

Why prevent that alternative playstyle? Why try to bind the majority who makes bases and already is fixed in a place even more?

Well this would force to one base only and maybe " one time horde base". Well that's at least my opinion point  of zombie X year later post apo - creating big complexed bases and just spending most time on keep base safe

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

He just said that it's different from any game he's played... so, unless he's living under a rock, he would know that what you just said is a well known crafting system that some games use. Try harder. :frusty: :nerd:

Honestly... we don't know which games he played - factorio have unique system --> no chance for that , dark messiah system --> this same thing --> LBD with unlock of  schematics --> skryrim. Random schematics --> titan quests etc. 

7dtd don't have magic and SCI FI things so.... this can be taken crafting system from skyrim. 

Why? No chance for minecraft system, terraria system not likely, this can be too "tech tree" like don't starve but it's not likely  again. so... yep everything was somewhere - this just depend which games he played

47 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly... we don't know which games he played - factorio have unique system --> no chance for that , dark messiah system --> this same thing --> LBD with unlock of  schematics --> skryrim. Random schematics --> titan quests etc. 

7dtd don't have magic and SCI FI things so.... this can be taken crafting system from skyrim. 

Why? No chance for minecraft system, terraria system not likely, this can be too "tech tree" like don't starve but it's not likely  again. so... yep everything was somewhere - this just depend which games he played

Well, considering Roland is the spokesperson for a game dev studio, he must know about A LOT of different crafting systems... don't you think? :rolleyes2:

56 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, considering Roland is the spokesperson for a game dev studio, he must know about A LOT of different crafting systems... don't you think? :rolleyes2:

Well  he could forget about few of them- i have 270 games on steam + few on origin _ few on epick game, uplay etc i have a lot of cd and dvd games etc. 

I played in a lot of RTS - AOE, COH1&2, DOW ETC so  when i heard one time about unique  system of buidling in one RTS i knew it was used somehere else before because...  options very limited. I don't remember if fields in AOE2 are infnite or not but i remember corpse decying in this game. i don't remember perks from cod 4 but i rember how frag granade was good, i don't  remeber  how MG SURVIVAL base crafting looks like but i remember that  overhelding work similiar to stalker etc. 

So i think there is a game with similiar mechanic - just we don't know which game have it.

we have a song in poland " but it was before" . So there in chance to create something unique in game like this if they don't want to make this complicated in blacksmith simulator style.

So he probably know a lot but not every system right?

On 5/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, Roland said:

Again, it isn't my job to give the details-- just to stir the waters that the details are coming next week. The change isn't coming next week. You won't see the change until A21 later this year. But the details are coming next week. Today I am letting you know that details are coming next week so that you won't be in the dark about changes coming later this year.

Did you spill the beans, A21 is planned to come out year!?

5 hours ago, laila said:

the game needs more vehicles, handguns to cause more damage, and a lot more textures to paint and create buildings. A good pack of "nice" textures would be great in order to be able to create "new" buildings. Since all we can do, despite building modern bases, is to paint them with ugly textures.

It also needs the ability to edit the type of fuel from vehicles.xml in order to let mod makers add different fuels such as biodiesel, etc as mods. So far the only fuel that could be changed is for the chainsaw and auger, but not vehicles.

vehicles could have changeable models. like how blocks work.

want your bike to look less armored, pick it
want your 4X4 too look like a Armored Sudan go for it

but once its placed, it will stay that way

14 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

vehicles could have changeable models. like how blocks work.

want your bike to look less armored, pick it
want your 4X4 too look like a Armored Sudan go for it

but once its placed, it will stay that way

Bdubs Vehicle Mods does this except you can pick it back up - the reason you can pick it back up is because they are not confident you won't get stuck yet. Also if you watch some lets players - I am not confident you won't get stuck yet either.

23 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Bdubs Vehicle Mods does this except you can pick it back up - the reason you can pick it back up is because they are not confident you won't get stuck yet. Also if you watch some lets players - I am not confident you won't get stuck yet either.

but then i would want to play it, then ill be sad...

its ok pc ill fix you soon

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hi, there's an interesting question about the new RWG that I think only @Kinyajuu could answer:

As far as alpha 20 goes:

1. No, you don't. And there's some variation on the number of unique POIs per map, though the bigger the map the smaller the variation.

2. In principle, changing the number of cities has no bearing on the size of cities. However, if the map is too crowded then you might get less big cities (the ones with downtown), and the cities might become smaller as well. That goes not only for cities, but for other things like mountains, hills, lakes, rivers, cracks and craters. Increasing map size helps offset that.

2 hours ago, FoulFox said:

Not all of us enjoy or appreciate the RPG elements added.

2 hours ago, FoulFox said:

Every update that changes skills, UI, adds RPG bull@%$#...

Just wanted to point out that RPG elements were planned and announced from the very beginning. This was always ever going to be a game with RPG elements to it. That fact was never hidden or downplayed. Even the most casual research about the game would have revealed that RPG elements were a core goal of the developers. It's too bad you missed that part of the roadmap but I have to believe that most customers knew what they were purchasing and downloaded it knowing and appreciating its RPG elements. There can't be too many who hate the RPG elements and bought the game thinking it wouldn't have any.

Then again, maybe there are also a bunch who hate zombies in games but picked this one up and gifted it out not realizing...

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

There surely is a sizable group of people who can't use mods now for 7D2D (even if explained step by step) and an even smaller group that will not be able to use mods once 7D2D has steam workshop included.

If you belong to that last group then I can only say "s*** happens but that is life". There are people who can't use elevators because of feat of closed spaces. There are people with mental deficiences so strong they can't drive a car. There are blind people who can't drive a car. Should I stop calling a car to be a solution for getting from a to b because there are some blind people?

If I don't like the seriousness of CoD I don't play it or play a mod that changes it to something fun for me. I decided to simply not play CoD. You seem to expect a third way, that TFP change their game to some other game they do not want to do just for you. Try to change CoD first by posting in their forum, then come back 😁

EDIT: Oh, right. You can use mods, but you don't want to because the quality is lower in your opinion. Well, if people are very picky then it is quite normal that they often don't get what they want. Another fact of life.

About Cod : Well i'm not famouse like CodFather, Nero or MrdalekJD but they are talking about... terrible state of cod. But they know that they can't  change that so they decided to advice against buying cod.... and it will work after MS takeover ( well this is too late to change MW2 2022). A lot of people on reddit complaining about cod. I give to play vanguard ( cod CW is only good because have rly nice gameplay but just after year of updates). Btw if you don't like seriousness of most Cod i advice you test cod inifity warfare zombie mod- it can be pretty fun for you - ninja zombie, ufo etc. I'm not joking,  this mode is pretty fun if you don't think about that game as being cod. Only con of this mod is can be pretty hard for long time until you learn how some types of zombie works (  usually hard enemies in games are cool but not when they are hard just because they respawning to close to player) . 

Well i'm aware of that so i'm writing here just trying to do something. It will change something? Probably not but at least i feel i'm doing something diffrent that sitting in silence. Just i hope TFP next game will be more seriousness because honestly 7DTD had soo big potential to be very hardcore and dark sandbox. But maybe after adding workshop someone will make seriousness mods

About Cod : Well i'm not famouse like CodFather, Nero or MrdalekJD but they are talking about... terrible state of cod. But they know that they can't  change that so they decided to advice against buying cod.... and it will work after MS takeover ( well this is too late to change MW2 2022). A lot of people on reddit complaining about cod.

If thousands of players complain about the same thing, they can sometimes accomplish change. But they have to complain about the same thing and it should not seriously conflict with what the  game developers want.

I give to play vanguard ( cod CW is only good because have rly nice gameplay but just after year of updates). Btw if you don't like seriousness of most Cod i advice you test cod inifity warfare zombie mod- it can be pretty fun for you - ninja zombie, ufo etc. I'm not joking,  this mode is pretty fun if you don't think about that game as being cod.

Because of the zombie mod CoD Black Ops 3 is actually on my wanted list (for games to buy at budget). Not sure whether it was for humor or for a good story.

Only con of this mod is can be pretty hard for long time until you learn how some types of zombie works (  usually hard enemies in games are cool but not when they are hard just because they respawning to close to player) . 

Well i'm aware of that so i'm writing here just trying to do something. It will change something? Probably not but at least i feel i'm doing something diffrent that sitting in silence. Just i hope TFP next game will be more seriousness because honestly 7DTD had soo big potential to be very hardcore and dark sandbox. But maybe after adding workshop someone will make seriousness mods

"Probably not"? Make that "Surely not". If most of the people here in the forum were of the same opinion you might have a chance to achieve something (like change the number of inventory slots, not change the whole direction of the game).

But you have nearly zero support with your opinion as far as I can tell here on the forum. Maybe start to look for realistic goals, i.e. stuff where lots of people give you likes and support your opinion.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

If you would spell out their name fully instead of using their initials, you wouldn't be prone to false expectations and inevitable disappointment like this...

This is not working this way :) 

Creative Assembly .... is not creative,  Bohemia don't makes games about Romanians , Facepunch studio don't make fighting games, and Rebellion is pretty calm :) 

So that's was a guy called who had nickname  "programmer"  because he used laptop to beat up one guy using a laptop as a weapon. So... names don't mean too much. I heard that Madmole loves Vikings right? So why make another boring " i'm wiking with horns and i'm going to kill every ice gigant in this beatiful valley because i want to make beatifull village and tame cute piggies"  or "you want to go to valhala? Beat every creature in this 8-bits like  game" while it can be made a viking game when you want to get your revange on traitor that killed your father and left you to starved to dead but brutal cunning  you manage to survive enough to manage to finaly hunt him down to make your promise ! 🤪 

Just imagine yourself viking nioh with even darker setting ^^

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

If thousands of players complain about the same thing, they can sometimes accomplish change. But they have to complain about the same thing and it should not seriously conflict with what the  game developers want.

Because of the zombie mod CoD Black Ops 3 is actually on my wanted list (for games to buy at budget). Not sure whether it was for humor or for a good story.

"Probably not"? Make that "Surely not". If most of the people here in the forum were of the same opinion you might have a chance to achieve something (like change the number of inventory slots, not change the whole direction of the game).

But you have nearly zero support with your opinion as far as I can tell here on the forum. Maybe start to look for realistic goals, i.e. stuff where lots of people give you likes and support your opinion.

Okay.... i'm blind or what because i saw Roland post but i didn't see you XD

1. uh... Actually honestly i think even this not "what game developers want" because... if leaks are true Activision too much want to control cod devs - this mean good ideas supported by both devs and players are throw to bin because finanscial guys says so. But i hope it will change in future after change of  managment .... Honestly  a lot of  important cod zombie devs decided to left treyarch so this hurt a lot 😕

2. Good advice - mods maps are much more difficult that  orginal maps. Well COD B03 have soo good zombie chronicle DLC - one of the best dlc stuff in history. But cod CW have much more better gameplay - outbreake is soooo good and a lot of free maps

3. So that's why i suggest add Teenage zombies ( let say 16 yo zombie) as part of "enemy pack dlc' - because a lot of people want them in 7dtd and a lot of them no so this could be good compromise - if someone want this person can download if not well he don't have to.  I think this could be supported but... honestly i'm afraid that TFP don't want to make dlc because they don't talk about dlc

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

This is not working this way :) 

Creative Assembly .... is not creative,  Bohemia don't makes games about Romanians , Facepunch studio don't make fighting games, and Rebellion is pretty calm :) 

So that's was a guy called who had nickname  "programmer"  because he used laptop to beat up one guy using a laptop as a weapon. So... names don't mean too much. I heard that Madmole loves Vikings right? So why make another boring " i'm wiking with horns and i'm going to kill every ice gigant in this beatiful valley because i want to make beatifull village and tame cute piggies"  or "you want to go to valhala? Beat every creature in this 8-bits like  game" while it can be made a viking game when you want to get your revange on traitor that killed your father and left you to starved to dead but brutal cunning  you manage to survive enough to manage to finaly hunt him down to make your promise ! 🤪 

Just imagine yourself viking nioh with even darker setting ^^

Do you ever think about anyone but yourself? This is a question strictly out of curiosity. Also can you make a game real quick so we can critique it?

==================================================================================================

At any rate thanks Devs looking forward to the future ;D ( Please for the love of God let modders know exactly what code is changed. Can already assume skill tree adding mods will need full overhauls. )

Edited by P3rf3ctVZer0 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Do you ever think about anyone but yourself? This is a question strictly out of curiosity. Also can you make a game real quick so we can critique it?

==================================================================================================

At any rate thanks Devs looking forward to the future ;D ( Please for the love of God let modders know exactly what code is changed. Can already assume skill tree adding mods will need full overhauls. )

1. Yep often. Do you know that most movie critics never made a movie 😜? But more seriously now - i'm not complaining just to complaining. I just don't like if something is used and can work bad. TFP want to implement magasines - this is remind me metin 2 -- > i think most of people on this forum never played in this game.  there was a joke about improving skill in metin - if you wanted to level up your skill you had to buy  properly skill books. And you had to buy a lot of them to improve skill - so people were joking that warriors is not inteligent enough to know that they can open book on another page ( this joke is connected with fact that warrior class started with 3 inteligence points and there was no point on some servers to add them more). I know people are thinking diffrent in diffrent countries - well West have not so seriouse Fallout when East have deppresing Stalker. That's why in my country  we don't like so much "colorful" skyrim like deppresing , hard and "wooden"( wooden because models and animations looks like wooden figures) Gothic. 

So - in few first alpha you had smelting forms, pretty dark setting ( yep graphic is now much better but respawning near rly deformed body was pretty dark) , food was spoiling etc. So i was thinking that 7dtd will be like child of Minecraft and F.e.a.r ( now i could say like child of minecraft and sillent hill city but with zombies). I was wrong - now 7dtd looks like more 80'S- 90'S B post apo movies. Well - i know 7DTD will stay with this setting but i had hope that things like crafting will be untouched  ( except changes in requried items in crafting). People like this changes like drones because... honestly i don't know. Some changes are good - new zombie models. props, POI , vehicle mods or new quest. But i'm disspointed about this magasine idea.  i know it will be added because most people like this but still, i decided to wrote what i thinking about that. Bandits models looks fine so at least i'm waiting for good news. 

2. Yep, probably skills will looks much diffrents.

Btw  i know my comment is a mess and chaotic sorry for that i'm going to sleep so goodnight or have you guys nice day

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)