Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

14 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

More things to complaining about finaly! because honestly i don't have nothing to do so at least now will be fresh stuff for that uwu

unless we will lose eyes ^^

NO! the point of making 7dtd is making 7dtd not to finish 7dtd ^^

you did this  a little bit wrong it should looks like :

WARNING X WARNING X WARNING X WARNING X WARNING X WARNING

<news>

Well adding new systems is point of alpha right?

hm.... could you ask him which day ? ^^

AS I SAID !

this should be good enough!

Matt!! Where did you go?!? :shocked:

I didn't see any reply from you in the last 15 minutes, and I was worried you had become a skeleton! :scared:

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Well adding new systems is point of alpha right?

Generally, no.

The point of Alpha is usually to test pre-existing systems and fix them up. Completely replacing a system is NOT the point of alpha.

And i'm sure someone will say "But this is early access" as that excuse has been used a lot.

Irrelevant. The only TECHNICAL difference is that it's not internal testers testing the application (the game in this case). It's internal QA PLUS the users, which is good because it casts a wide net for finding bugs.

1 hour ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

I actually requested advanced code cliff notes - doubt they will though.

Something that I would absolutely love, because I know TFP used to do this internally...

Would be to grab all the build notes, stick them in a text file, and then attach them to the normal patch notes for users.

So like...

"Hey public, here's the patch notes.

Modders and other people? Here's all the build commits in a file for your purusal."

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Matt!! Where did you go?!? :shocked:

I didn't see any reply from you in the last 15 minutes, and I was worried you had become a skeleton! :scared:

Well... you know i sometimes going to newsstand too :)

5 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Generally, no.

The point of Alpha is usually to test pre-existing systems and fix them up. Completely replacing a system is NOT the point of alpha.

And i'm sure someone will say "But this is early access" as that excuse has been used a lot.

Irrelevant. The only TECHNICAL difference is that it's not internal testers testing the application (the game in this case). It's internal QA PLUS the users, which is good because it casts a wide net for finding bugs.

Fixing things/balance is Beta. Alpha is testing systems and change them /rework/scrap (this depends what have to be done). Some system are replacing - special infected in L4D1, stalker... most of the game XD , heroes 3 change of factions

6 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well... you know i sometimes going to newsstand too :)

Fixing things/balance is Beta. Alpha is testing systems and change them /rework/scrap (this depends what have to be done). Some system are replacing - special infected in L4D1, stalker... most of the game XD , heroes 3 change of factions

No it's not. I suggest you look it up.

Also I can tell you from being an internal alpha tester (not TFP), that systems don't get tossed out in alpha builds when going to beta. They get tested by another team FIRST to make sure they're fit for purpose, then worked on, then go to alpha, tested, fixed, tossed into the beta branch (this is the public beta branch for any user to opt in on where I work), fixed as required, then released.

Nothing is ever straight up yeet'ed in the transition from alpha to beta. Hell, the most i've ever seen is placeholder models were changed out for proper production models going from alpha to beta.

18 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

No it's not. I suggest you look it up.

Also I can tell you from being an internal alpha tester (not TFP), that systems don't get tossed out in alpha builds when going to beta. They get tested by another team FIRST to make sure they're fit for purpose, then worked on, then go to alpha, tested, fixed, tossed into the beta branch (this is the public beta branch for any user to opt in on where I work), fixed as required, then released.

Nothing is ever straight up yeet'ed in the transition from alpha to beta. Hell, the most i've ever seen is placeholder models were changed out for proper production models going from alpha to beta.

But somehow TFP doing something diffrent. Not every studio is this same.  Some game are sometimes have redesign even in beta stage (cyberpunk, Dead rising). So - if things worked in that way in your job - fine. But sometimes it can work totaly diffrent in diffrent studio.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

In the Alpha 20 dev diary, Madmole actually talked about this change. If you go look for what he said you will have a rough outline of what to expect next week.

<sigh> this... could be everything! 

On 12/15/2021 at 8:45 PM, madmole said:

Yes A21 will feature a trader stage, where players will see buckets of inventory based on their stage. This will help control progression which is key to long term fun.

The LBD guys take any scrap of information and twist it into LBD lol. LBD is not coming back, but rather a crafting skill per item not associated with the perks like now.

Thanks! I always had long hair then got a mullet, hated it and went with a crew cut/fade for 23 years. Then the barbers closed and I started getting some locks back and remembered who I am lol. No turning back now.

I found this so....  god... i wish i'm wrong about this one because if now crafting will not connected with perk this will be broke the game

4 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

But somehow TFP doing something diffrent. Not every studio is this same.  Some game are sometimes have redesign even in beta stage (cyberpunk, Dead rising). So - if things worked in that way in your job - fine. But sometimes it can work totaly diffrent in diffrent studio.

<sigh> this... could be everything! 

Dude, that's literally how it's supposed to work.

Could you stop picking arguments with me? This is the THIRD time asking now.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I mean this with all respect...

Can we please STOP re-writing core systems when TFP have said, several times, they'd like to get the game to gold? Because stuff like this is just going to make it take longer, introduce more bugs, which then need fixing, etc.

Can we STOP knee jerking with every change for once?

Edit: Joking aside, please contain your negativity until you hear what the change is first....

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

Madmole already told us what he planned to do with the crafting system long before the a21 thread was opened. Basically It's a "learn by crafting" system that allows the player to gradually improve the graded items ( he offered weapons as an example) he/she crafts in order to keep the progression and the crafting interesting. He will indeed give us more details, but nothing to worry about as it sounded quite good. If legendary effects come into play at the same time it will be even "awesomeer".

It actually already sounds pretty awesomer :)

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

7 hours ago, Morloc said:

Somebody stuck this in my mailbox!

Thomas Jefferson quote: What we learn to do, we learn by doing.

Damn kids.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

I saw Hamilton and that's not Thomas Jefferson!! 😎

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Edit: Joking aside, please contain your negativity until you hear what the change is first....

haha..Khaine doesn't have to hear what the change is to know that a major system change of any kind is going to bring him a ton of work for Darkness Falls. Cut him some slack until he works through the five stages of grief...lol

❤️ for Darkness Falls!!!

8 hours ago, Laz Man said:

On this one?

No.

It's time for the game to be done. Not ripping crap out and re-doing it. Again.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

haha..Khaine doesn't have to hear what the change is to know that a major system change of any kind is going to bring him a ton of work for Darkness Falls. Cut him some slack until he works through the five stages of grief...lol

❤️ for Darkness Falls!!!

I'm pretty sure I said this exact same thing when TFP changed the crafting system going from A12 to A13 too, just not on the forums because I didn't know they existed at the time. ;)

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Welp there u go guys.  Forum user 34,654 is against redoing that system, please adjust your content map, business plan, and release schedule accordingly.  Tell Madmole good try and better luck next attempt.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Welp there u go guys.  Forum user 34,654 is against redoing that system, please adjust your content map, business plan, and release schedule accordingly.  Tell Madmole good try and better luck next attempt.

Just going by TFP repeatedly saying they want to go gold and move on to other projects asap.

Maybe stick to being lewd instead of sarcastic? 😛

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Our negativity is crititical to save 7dtd! why? 

Because if this change of perks will make gun perks less useful this will forced TFP to add more guns. but if there will be more guns this will mean that guns need something to shoot at right? so more zombies types! more zombie types? mean more bioms! more bioms mean more POI and ..... and..... 

that's how we can create ALPHA ETERNAL!

AND EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY Because 7dtd will be in eternal development ! well maybe except khaine

8 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Madmole already told us what he planned to do with the crafting system long before the a21 thread was opened. Basically It's a "learn by crafting" system that allows the player to gradually improve the graded items ( he offered weapons as an example) he/she crafts in order to keep the progression and the crafting interesting. He will indeed give us more details, but nothing to worry about as it sounded quite good. If legendary effects come into play at the same time it will be even "awesomeer".

back of mixing tools/weapons would be perfect! -  you mix 1000 stone axe and you can make 1 hit destroy everything iron axe!

6 hours ago, Roland said:

❤️ for Darkness Falls!!!

still i want realistic mods ! 😭

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

OFC NOT! 7DTD NEED TO BE ETERNAL LIKE PROJECT ZOMBOID! 

11 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Just going by TFP repeatedly saying they want to go gold and move on to other projects asap.

this is tradition! 

3450 year on terra

Madmux the Moleux the highest lord of 7dtd development will be going to lords of Terra Dominion and he will say "7DTD will get gold soon and we will start new project soon"

And then lords of Terra will say "shall be it... you have another 100 years to finish it"

nobody will remember who started this but tradition is the most neccesary thing.... after Great Accident

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

17 hours ago, dcsobral said:

Cool, but... why? What is it about the current crafting system that makes a new one desirable?

I wonder if the new system will allow multiple different outputs from a recipe?

1 Egg + 1 Water = 1 Boiled Egg + 1 Empty Jar

I wonder if the new system will allow a flexible number of ingredients?

1-10 Eggs + 1 Water = 1-10 Boiled Eggs + 1 Empty Jar

24 minutes ago, zztong said:

I wonder if the new system will allow multiple different outputs from a recipe?

1 Egg + 1 Water = 1 Boiled Egg + 1 Empty Jar

I wonder if the new system will allow a flexible number of ingredients?

1-10 Eggs + 1 Water = 1-10 Boiled Eggs + 1 Empty Jar

Oh I hope so. I've wanted that for ages. It's hard as hell to mod in

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

I know its hard to be positive when you hear change is coming.  Especially for you overhaul guys.  Please be reassured the devs want to go gold even more then you guys.  However, they are also committed to ship a quality product.

Hopefully this change will be received more positively then past changes.  I personally feel its an improvement.

As Roland mentioned, stay tuned for Madmole next week.  😁

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I know its hard to be positive when you hear change is coming.  Especially for you overhaul guys.  Please be reassured the devs want to go gold even more then you guys.  However, they are also committed to ship a quality product.

Hopefully this change will be received more positively then past changes.  I personally feel its an improvement.

As Roland mentioned, stay tuned for Madmole next week.  😁

Honestly - i don't want to 7dtd go gold.  the reason is simple. We didn't hear anything about DLC in future. So only "safe" option to get ....vanilia style content is waiting for new update. 

So i know this sounds a little bit deppresing but... without DLC i don't see option to get more stuff after gold. Well yes i know about mods but - darkness falls is good example what i mean. Laser, succubes etc looks like asian F2P fps. And this is a little bit frustrating because... there is no hope for "realistic" mods  for 7dtd. Why? because if someone wanted ( and have skills) make this type of mods it would be done long time ago.

So for my only option to get new content is asking for dlc

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

you put crates near workbench and you after that put things there - you want to make for example shotgun in workbench? it will take things from your crates automatical so you don't have too looking for this yourself

You got it wrong. What you describe is automating the current crafting system. But Roland talked about a new crafting system itself.

3 hours ago, Javabean867 said:

My only concern about this is how available will the item parts be?  Like we have 4 people in our server(not much) 1 person is specced for bows, and another has an interest in them as well.  We do not have the parts needed to make enough bows for people(even at 150% loot)

That being said i am excited by the thought of it also lol

I assume one of the things the new system will fix is the strange situation that increasing your weapon perk could make a weapon you could craft before no longer craftable.

And that "bug" in the system needed a solution anyway before 1.0

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You got it wrong. What you describe is automating the current crafting system. But Roland talked about a new crafting system itself.

Yep, this can mean changes in workstations too ,right? 

Bigger focus on workstation and reduce "mobile crafting" could be good option