Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

All the mod creators got together in a secret meeting and hashed out some rules.

I heard Rule #1 was Do not make Matt115 happy.  🤔

NO! HOW COULD THEY! 😭

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

I... I don't think that could happen anyway.

Me being happy? To be honest - i'm rarely happy 😕 always something bad happens - at first lack of job, when finaly get offert - it was cancelled. now Dad have prostate tumor. It's not like i can't be happy - well i had good week during... 3 last month and now everything collapse like always so... you know spark of hope would be good

Dear developers, I would like you to fix, most likely a mistake. The fact that when you make a mistake with your transport with a friend, then you fix his transport and it's very annoying. Please take action.

16 hours ago, Matt115 said:

NO! HOW COULD THEY! 😭

Me being happy? To be honest - i'm rarely happy 😕 always something bad happens - at first lack of job, when finaly get offert - it was cancelled. now Dad have prostate tumor. It's not like i can't be happy - well i had good week during... 3 last month and now everything collapse like always so... you know spark of hope would be good

Well, after clouds and rain, the sun pops up, always. You've got 7 days to die weather system above your head, mate. It will be better 🤘

8 hours ago, Old Crow said:

And when the weather's bad, you won't see a thing!

It really depends on your graphics settings.  When I had only 8GB RAM and was running lower settings, I could see very well, even in fog.  Now that I have more RAM and am using better settings, it can definitely get harder to see.  I don't really mind, though.  The weather in the game hasn't ever bothered me but I understand why it would bother others.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:26 AM, Roland said:

dynamo :)

yup thats it thanks

On 9/2/2023 at 10:21 AM, doughphunghus said:

Every time i got on my bike barefoot with these i was like "no prob, im careful!" And sometimes... a few times...i actually was. But it always hurt

you needed some safety jandals

Suggestion rant 1 from a game veteran. :D 

1 I think they should add bandits, 2 roaming traders, 3 roaming survivors, 4 and I would love to see the addition of more companions. 5 We deffinately need more guns, and 6 maybe a item level max increase up to the players max level? 7 Also zeds that can do the same? I love what all has changed in the game, I play it religiously, and have since alpha 17. 8 Side quests with items you can only get from certain side quests? 9 Machinery that can auto mine small areas so I dont have to spend 6 hours gathering resources for a decent base? 10 Maybe the ability to go prone to sneak through 1 block holes? I love the new pathfinding of the zeds, they will try and get above you, then ragdoll down on top of you if they cant get to you directly, I love that.

11 Even more zed types would be awesome: [Something like a searcher? Like an old miner with a helmet with a light that is blind, but super sensative to sound?] 12 Maybe more advanced sights for guns? 13 More driveable vehicles; Like a cargo truck that you have to put storage boxes in, or a driveable bus you can add storage and seating too for a party? 14 What about some party specific quests for multiplayer with the traders, for 2 or more people? 15 Maybe some cool dismberment physics to go with some new sword melee designs???

16 I personally would like to see some more dynamic and lengthy POI missions for multiplayer in the end game. Once you get to level 90, nothing is much of a challenge, but its not about the health, or damage, it feels almost like there arent enough challenging enemies in the game, like bosses.

17 So maybe hunting, target, or demo quests that give a large dukes, or XP bonus for defeating a bunch of bosses that only spawn when you start a mission. Or in depth missions that you can get extremely hard to find prototype weapons from. 18 Something like a swarm rifle that shoots bullets that stick into a target then explode after a second, 19 A shotgun that shoots dragons breath rounds that light enemies on fire, 20 An arrow/bolt that causes long bleed damage, 21 an electrified arrow, 22 a 20mm sniper rifle that only shoots High Explosive ammo, 23 an mg3 kws german high fire rate machine gun.

24 An awesome addition to the game would be an ammunition workbench, you put the powder, bullet tips, buckshot, and the shells/casings into the bench, select the ammo type you want, then craft. That would be great for mass production for parties that all burn through ammo fast.

41 minutes ago, peanuts107 said:

Suggestion rant 1 from a game veteran. :D 

1 I think they should add bandits, 2 roaming traders, 3 roaming survivors, 4 and I would love to see the addition of more companions. 5 We deffinately need more guns, and 6 maybe a item level max increase up to the players max level? 7 Also zeds that can do the same? I love what all has changed in the game, I play it religiously, and have since alpha 17. 8 Side quests with items you can only get from certain side quests? 9 Machinery that can auto mine small areas so I dont have to spend 6 hours gathering resources for a decent base? 10 Maybe the ability to go prone to sneak through 1 block holes? I love the new pathfinding of the zeds, they will try and get above you, then ragdoll down on top of you if they cant get to you directly, I love that.

11 Even more zed types would be awesome: [Something like a searcher? Like an old miner with a helmet with a light that is blind, but super sensative to sound?] 12 Maybe more advanced sights for guns? 13 More driveable vehicles; Like a cargo truck that you have to put storage boxes in, or a driveable bus you can add storage and seating too for a party? 14 What about some party specific quests for multiplayer with the traders, for 2 or more people? 15 Maybe some cool dismberment physics to go with some new sword melee designs???

16 I personally would like to see some more dynamic and lengthy POI missions for multiplayer in the end game. Once you get to level 90, nothing is much of a challenge, but its not about the health, or damage, it feels almost like there arent enough challenging enemies in the game, like bosses.

17 So maybe hunting, target, or demo quests that give a large dukes, or XP bonus for defeating a bunch of bosses that only spawn when you start a mission. Or in depth missions that you can get extremely hard to find prototype weapons from. 18 Something like a swarm rifle that shoots bullets that stick into a target then explode after a second, 19 A shotgun that shoots dragons breath rounds that light enemies on fire, 20 An arrow/bolt that causes long bleed damage, 21 an electrified arrow, 22 a 20mm sniper rifle that only shoots High Explosive ammo, 23 an mg3 kws german high fire rate machine gun.

24 An awesome addition to the game would be an ammunition workbench, you put the powder, bullet tips, buckshot, and the shells/casings into the bench, select the ammo type you want, then craft. That would be great for mass production for parties that all burn through ammo fast.

Your "rant" was hard to read, try using the <ENTER> key in the future.

1. already being added

2, 3, and 4. not really necessary

5. no we don't. we don't need every gun in existence

6 and 7. not entirely sure what you are wanting here, there is already game stage and loot stage levels

8. why?

9. auto-mining equipment aren't very readily available in the real world why would they be more plentiful in a resource strapped world?

10. agreed

11. Maybe, but I would rather get rid of automatic "trigger" points in POIs so stealth would actually be useful

12. what exact sights are you looking for? There is already 3 types of scope and a laser sight

14.  You already have auto-shared quests from traders for people in a group

15. we have a machete, one sword is pretty much like any other

18. no, this isn't Doom or Halo

19, 20, and 21. would love to see these.

22. we don't really need another sniper rifle

23. dont think we need another machine gun

24. this would be awesome

On 9/1/2023 at 4:37 PM, Arma Rex said:

They did show concept art for the minibike during the A21 art stream, which used a toilet as the seat. Not sure if they're sticking with that however.

Oh. That would be funs! They can bring back turds then that can appear in the minibike inventory after a nearmiss at highspeed :D

7 hours ago, Kalex said:

Your "rant" was hard to read, try using the <ENTER> key in the future.

1. already being added

2, 3, and 4. not really necessary

5. no we don't. we don't need every gun in existence

6 and 7. not entirely sure what you are wanting here, there is already game stage and loot stage levels

8. why?

9. auto-mining equipment aren't very readily available in the real world why would they be more plentiful in a resource strapped world?

10. agreed

11. Maybe, but I would rather get rid of automatic "trigger" points in POIs so stealth would actually be useful

12. what exact sights are you looking for? There is already 3 types of scope and a laser sight

15. we have a machete, one sword is pretty much like any other

18. no, this isn't Doom or Halo

19, 20, and 21. would love to see these.

22. we don't really need another sniper rifle

23. dont think we need another machine gun

24. this would be awesome

Love the honesty. Thanks, the post I sent was ,ore of a brain purge of ideas I had been sitting on for over 3 years.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:23 PM, Kalex said:

No Kalexism on new types of vehicles? You made me scroll up and down multiple times and for what?!