Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You are wrong that Pummel Pete (if you meant that) would do anything for a sledgehammer. It didn't in A20 and won't in A21. It is only for clubs.

As I understand it, the sledgehammer is the melee weapon that consumes the most stamina and I have always increased the Sexy Tyrannosaurus rex perk, in the hope of reducing the stamina consumption when using a sledgehammer 🙂

If the stamina cost cannot be reduced for the sledgehammer, it will look very strange 🤨

4 minutes ago, Survager said:

As I understand it, the sledgehammer is the melee weapon that consumes the most stamina and I have always increased the Sexy Tyrannosaurus rex perk, in the hope of reducing the stamina consumption when using a sledgehammer 🙂

If the stamina cost cannot be reduced for the sledgehammer, it will look very strange 🤨

The stamina reduction in A21 is included in the weapon perk.

Perk into skullcrusher and you get the stamina reduction (on sledgehammer only) for free.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

The weapon stamina built in to the perk and the vehicle damage/exploding seem like ideas inspired by the darkness falls mod. Someone at TFP has been playing darkness falls and taking notes of things they liked 😛

I have to admit I've made a habit of playing vanilla each alpha first, and then move on to DF, there's so much stuff I like more.

I hope none of the devs feels stepped on, but I personally feel that Khaine is often one step ahead of what players (or at least me) like to experience in this game.

Making the game moddable in the first place, even given the fact that it is officially still early acces alpha state,

credits go to the devs of course for encouraging mods...but I still feel somewhat ashamed to go there.

...can't wait to check out the newest version though, which came out recently...and strangely before A21...Khaine must be rather confident A21 doesn't mess up stuff too much for him.

Those black portal power source keycards...there must be something they fit in dammit.

2 hours ago, Survager said:

QUESTION:
To reduce the stamina consumption when using a sledgehammer and an ax / pickaxe, will we have to separately pump the perks Skullcrusher, Bully Pitt and Miner (it's all in the Strength attribute)?

So, in order to reduce the stamina cost for melee weapons in the Strength Attribute, we have to spend twice as many experience points as in other Attributes? )

Only if you are specing into two melee weapons.  You are not paying twice as much if you only spec in one melee weapon like every other attribute.  However, it is still cheaper than other attributes specing into two melee weapons or even into tools for reduce stamina usage (since other attributes will also have to spec into the Strength attribute to unlock the higher levels).

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

since other attributes will also have to spec into the Strength attribute to unlock the higher levels

As far as I understand, no. The 21 Alpha stamina cost reduction will be added to all attributes for each type of weapon, and increasing the Strength Attribute to reduce stamina cost for example for a spear will no longer be necessary.

13 hours ago, faatal said:

No shooting.
The 4x4 has more than one. Driver and passenger and with seat mod, you get 2 more in the back.

No plans for touching that.

It would take to much animating and such I guess for passengers shooting would it be an option to add a turret mod that you would be able to control from the passengers side for the 4x4.

Thinking using the auto turret models and maybe add a heavier version with the M60 and long range with the hunting/sniper as well.

31 minutes ago, Survager said:

As far as I understand, no. The 21 Alpha stamina cost reduction will be added to all attributes for each type of weapon, and increasing the Strength Attribute to reduce stamina cost for example for a spear will no longer be necessary.

No, they do.  If I play agility, I can unlock stamina reduction for knives by perking into Deep cuts.  But to unlock stamina reduction for tools, I have to unlock the Miner perk along with perking upwards in Strength if I want the higher levels.  Read what I wrote again

even into tools for reduce stamina usage (since other attributes will also have to spec into the Strength attribute to unlock the higher levels)

On 12/23/2022 at 8:03 AM, POCKET951 said:

The weapon stamina built in to the perk and the vehicle damage/exploding seem like ideas inspired by the darkness falls mod. Someone at TFP has been playing darkness falls and taking notes of things they liked 😛

Vehicles exploding was added in 2018. As I was trying to point out, you might get to see it explode now, because you can actually get enough vehicle damage in typical game play to get it to the point where it can explode.

I don't know any of us that have played DF.

On 12/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, crazywildfire said:

@faatal do you know if in game voip got worked on? I wanna say only group voip works (kinda) but if you not in a group it doesn't work. I know MM I think he was the one that replied to me in A20 saying he could see not having voip sooner or later..... I hope that still isn't true for several reasons. Like public servers you don't have a discord to talk to someone in voice and using text chat while fighting isn't ideal lol. Also I know it isn't like for everyone and it is a small portion of players out of all but some like to RP and using discord doesn't work out well trying to role play with several talking as once. Or not wanting someone else to here you about to double cross them and such. And switching in and out of channels is as pain as using text chat while in combat and such. 

Not that I know of.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:35 AM, BFT2020 said:

No, they do.  If I play agility, I can unlock stamina reduction for knives by perking into Deep cuts.  But to unlock stamina reduction for tools, I have to unlock the Miner perk along with perking upwards in Strength if I want the higher levels.  Read what I wrote again

You have to do that now though if you're using knives and tools. You just have to spend extra points currently if you want to get as much benefit out of tools and knives now (Deep Cuts, Sexy Rex, and Miner 69er, as well as Strength and Agility) instead of one less perk in A21.

You read the forum, instead of normal proposals, some incomprehensible desires!
I recently watched an interview with the developers WOTanks, they said that if we start realizing the players' wishes, then after we do this, they will be the first to leave the game and the forum!  :))

9 hours ago, User2010w said:

You read the forum, instead of normal proposals, some incomprehensible desires!
I recently watched an interview with the developers WOTanks, they said that if we start realizing the players' wishes, then after we do this, they will be the first to leave the game and the forum!  :))

There is allot of wisdom in this statement.  I have modified several files in the game and felt how empty it can be when you change the balance.  There is a rhyme and reason to what TFP are doing.  Its a shame some get so heated over a project they aren't directly involved in.  That being said its awesome that we are able to adjust, mod and change the game to have that tailor made experience you really cant get anywhere else.

On 12/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, meganoth said:

You are wrong that Pummel Pete (if you meant that) would do anything for a sledgehammer. It didn't in A20 and won't in A21. It is only for clubs.

With strength you are able to choose between two different melee weapons. Many players only select one, but you also can select both. But then it makes sense to also perk into both.

Use one melee weapon                                       Use two melee weapons

A20:              Sexrex+Pummel or skullcrusher                           Sexrex+Pummel+skullcrusher

A21:                  Pummel or skullcrusher                                            Pummel+skullcrusher

A clear win-win

so where does this leave mining because the sexrex was an essential perk for me as the group miner is the mining perk going to reduce my stamina usage with a pick and on that same thought will that reduce my stam usage with an axe as well

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

Shopping carts do not move in Vanilla. I guess you are playing a mod where you can build a vehicle from a shopping cart?

I think he meant that shopping carts on the street should not stop your vehicle but be pushed away.

4 hours ago, ComPage said:

Please reduce shopping trolley inertia.

Sadly I don' think they have a feature to "push" blocks in the game and shopping carts are just blocks. They currently have the choice of it blocking or being destroyed by the impact completely.

12 minutes ago, gunner1912 said:

so where does this leave mining because the sexrex was an essential perk for me as the group miner is the mining perk going to reduce my stamina usage with a pick and on that same thought will that reduce my stam usage with an axe as well

You get mining just cheaper because the effect of sexrex is added to miner69. Two perks for the price of one. Axe and pick are tools. And all tools (except scavenging "tools") are buffed by miner69er, just read the description. I quote: "Maximize your mining efforts by increasing tool damage to bring down rocks and trees faster.". You can build better axes when you perk into miner69er, so axes should also get the other benefits of the perk.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)