Feedback

saoron666

over 12 million copies sold at min 20$usd/copy and over 240mill $ usd and 8 years later game moving slower than a sloth !!!

either you sitting on the treasure or you lost the treasure map ...

man, dig in the pockets and get some support to get a haste on!

still same concept, same mobs, same type of buildings and vehicles..

one you reach certain level, there is no more challenge, no boss, no hard mobs, no places to go discover with different ideas and challenges..

the game can go on forever but need to put some challenging features in it. 

alpha20 to come... 6 months later and still nothing..

I'm not sure if the creator played other games to get some new ideas.. get up to date it with new concepts out there..

come on man, put some energy into it.

don't let your fans down! me an my gf uninstalled the game from our pc.. waiting for some new concept or update..but seems the steam train is at a long lasting station and not moving lol

1 hour ago, saoron666 said:

don't let your fans down! me an my gf uninstalled the game from our pc.. waiting for some new concept or update..but seems the steam train is at a long lasting station and not moving lol

This fan says differently.  Keep it up TFP, really have enjoyed the ride that is 7D2D.

Most played game ever according to my Steam hours.  From my perspective, you are doing something right  😉

• 3 weeks later...

True fans comb the forums daily. You waited more than 2 weeks to answer. Where have you been? What have you been doing? 

Thanks for your feedback by the way. Everyone is always excited for the next update and want it to be done faster. Understandable. Now don't be a stranger. 1000hr in game + 1000hr in forum = truefan :p

The game is already finished minus normalizing some of the graphics.

That it is still in development just means that the game will get even better whilst I pay exactly nothing for the increased value.  If the devs are willing to make the game better then I am more than willing to reap the rewards :D  I can only hope the game never releases.

If the game was a hot mess then sure.  Its not.  

Sadly, I see dev teams do the opposite of TFP, rush a game and then leave alpha to full release with a game that is nether complete or stable enough to justify a 1.0 release.  I will have exactly 0 hesitation to purchase a TFP product in the future because this has been the best alpha I have been a part of and that generates trust in the level of product I will get.  Rushing is bad.  Hell, time tables are bad for the end user of a game.  It is much better that they develop the game for as long as they are willing until they are satisfied with what has been created.  It is not as though they have neglected steadily adding content.  They add tons every update.

Let's break this all down.

You think that the Pimps just sit their asses on their millions and, i dunno, ill say this out of the blue... dont reinvest into their actual studio?? You dont think they have staff to pay? The employees payroll is one of the most costly expense in a business. And there's research and developement. The Pimps also mentioned in a live stream (that you surely didnt watch since your information sourcing efforts are visibly abysmal) that they're working on another game in parallel to 7DtD. You think they finance this secret project with positive thinking only?

''man, dig in the pockets and get some support to get a haste on!''
Are you serious, lol? You're aware that they did sourced and paid support, notably to port the game on previous gen consoles and then the studio that was supposed to do the job messed up, ending the project in failure? The Pimps had to buy back the rights with millions. Also, the team is nearing about 50 artists and other kind of personel now. You think they pay them with discount coupons for the nearest Kwik-E-Mart?

''still same concept, same mobs, same type of buildings and vehicles.. one you reach certain level, there is no more challenge, no boss, no hard mobs, no places to go discover with different ideas and challenges..''
Im amazed that you didnt look at all the customizable settings the devs put at your disposition, to tailor your experience at your will. And we're not talking about the hundreds of mods the community made for FREE yet that can completely transform your gameplay! Speaking of costs and prices : remind me how much extra cash did you spent on the game with all the additional content and developement the Pimps put on it since you started playing. The problem isnt the devs here, its you who wont look at the possibilities. You can just install the lastest CompoPack, its super easy to do, and you'll already have fresh POIs to explore and some are fantastically creative. But no, you decided to whine about it. The PC platform offers so much possibilities, yet its all the devs fault.

''alpha20 to come... 6 months later and still nothing.. I'm not sure if the creator played other games to get some new ideas.. get up to date it with new concepts out there.. come on man, put some energy into it.'' 
Wow. That last part almost made me think this was a joke topic. Put some energy into it... lmao! You know, if you're not happy with the work rate here, just walk in the Pimps studio, push them aside and show them how @%$# is supposed to be done. I mean, you clearly have the best knowledge and expertise in video game production ever to state such extremely well-thought claim! In fact, i'd really like to hand you an enormous voxel map, where absolutely everything is destructible, where there's many entities aside from your character who are roaming the place, generating possibly millions of potential interactions and handle ALL of this yourself. Just one day. I'll wait for your report on how you successfully delivered A20 in a record time, with flawless technical and visual performances. You got this, champion!

The Pimps didnt let their fans down and even with the ridiculous view and opinion you have of them, they still work their asses to make something fun nonetheless. They openly talk about the developement process, they didnt charge jack-@%$# for that and they dont sell their game at 90$ like most AAA titles you find out there. If you had that much beef against major studios, i could probably understand. But with an indie studio created by two guys after a Thanksgiving dinner, who made their game one of the most popular in the genre ever, you could cut them some huge slack and think before you come out and say they owe you something. Because they dont.

Edited by Kyonshi
removed insulting speech (see edit history)

On 4/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, saoron666 said:

over 12 million copies sold at min 20$usd/copy and over 240mill $ usd and 8 years later game moving slower than a sloth !!!

either you sitting on the treasure or you lost the treasure map ...

man, dig in the pockets and get some support to get a haste on!

still same concept, same mobs, same type of buildings and vehicles..

one you reach certain level, there is no more challenge, no boss, no hard mobs, no places to go discover with different ideas and challenges..

the game can go on forever but need to put some challenging features in it. 

alpha20 to come... 6 months later and still nothing..

I'm not sure if the creator played other games to get some new ideas.. get up to date it with new concepts out there..

come on man, put some energy into it.

I have heard exactly the same points that You made from my beloved mates, but usually presented in a slightly more polite manner (not on the forum ofc). Look mate, it's always easier to express disappointment by hammering down the fact that there is allegedly not enough content and the game itself gets repetitive. Any action has to become repetitive after 500+ hours, no matter what, or else someone needs a sanity check.

Honestly, I don't care if the next Alpha is going to be an improvement to previous versions according to my wild expectations. Any update is a reason to celebrate, even though I always expect 50% more content delivered in a 50% shorter time period. I simply derive enough satisfaction from the fact that there is another build coming out, instead of making calculations about the cash I have not seen and have no interest to see - I don`t simply care.

---

So here are some of the things I would put down that could potentially help the devs to quantify old/new ideas telegraphically..

I'm thinking about some skill-tree overhaul (let's call it that way) to make bows/crossbows, some abilities cheaper, worth the time, easier to progress in, especially in the early game. Having current values and progression curve in mind also. And when I start drawing blobs then I find new things I never thought about before. Basically, how to change everything without changing anything, so the game would not feel at least in the early game as much dominated by guns. Some abilities perhaps should function and feel natural as weaker, but useful in certain stages of the game, some intuitionally stronger and by this type of reasoning slightly more expensive. Perhaps there are some thought-related traps/errors in my chain of thoughts. I will try to present someday my concept on the forum someday.

I understand 7DTD as an open world, post-apocalyptic voxel and tower defense game with elements of survival, skill based-progression (if that's a proper expression), fps, and RPG elements. It's a mixture of almost everything - and I find it extremely interesting no matter if it's running at 200FPS at ultra with all the features nailed and polished to the bone. Honestly, I would like the game to feel more like a post-apocalyptic game with zombies instead of some sort of militaristic feel to it. I would not like 7DTD to become a hardcore survival simulation either. I would rather see only ground vehicles, motorbikes, and trucks (for sure). I see honestly no need for aerial vehicles and it kind of breaks the feel of a survival game completely (my feeling guts solely). I would only polish ground vehicles, to make them fun, as some integral and part of the game, because it's a tower, not an aerial defense game, and that's all. Definitely, no helicopters or tanks as some people suggest! As for weapons. melee mechanics, I believe that it would be nice to have an option to perhaps push away weaker zombies or to block, counter the attack if stamina is close to zero (could make the encounters 10x better). Weapons could be treated in a more-in depth manner with complete customization, making unique attachments, mods, extensions, etc. or having a base weapon/prototype/platform that can be transformed to any type and so on - doesn`t have to be turbo realistic in this matter, might be hypothetical and a bit futuristic. As for other aspects, I would like to see more when it comes to the dynamic weather system (proper thunderstorm, acidic rains in Burn/Wasteland biome), which would help a lot in terms of building the atmosphere of horror, setting up the mood in the game.  

There are tons of things I would experiment with, that`s for sure.

6 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Also, the team is nearing about 50 artists and other kind of personel now. You think they pay them with discount coupons for the nearest Kwik-E-Mart?

If the internetz has hold me anything then that you can pay artists with exposure.

Just play some other games until the next alpha comes out. many players does that. Coming every alpha, looking whats new and play until they reached endgame where you're like completely save^^

You know what people say, If you force a fart it becomes sh*t. So don't force TFP to do things faster. Don't take it like I want to say 7D2D is a fart xD it's a great game and I bet the next game they are working on will be a lot of fun too.

13 hours ago, Roland said:

If a vegan didn't like what a major studio was doing would that still be considered "a beef" against them....?

Well, since a vegan doesnt like meat, id say it would even be more appropriate? 🤔

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

If the internetz has hold me anything then that you can pay artists with exposure.

Hey, being a graphic designer, i can tell you that a lot of people think that way. Ive been served that exact crap more than often.

"So, make like 2-3 different versions of it and if we like what you do, you'll be seen around and we can give you a lot of visibility! Even discounts on our products! How about that? 😃" OMG im sooo excited for that instead of being paid actual money because i actually worked on that! 🤨

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

On 5/5/2021 at 11:41 PM, Diragor said:

Just play some other games until the next alpha comes out. many players does that. Coming every alpha, looking whats new and play until they reached endgame where you're like completely save^^

Exactly this. TFP aren't holding you down with shackles and chains, it's okay to take a break from the game every once in a while. Once my Dishong Tower challenge world is complete, I myself will be taking a long earned break from 7D2D until A20 releases. (This is mostly because I have several base plans in mind that require flat ground to build on. 😜)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 3:47 PM, Kyonshi said:

Let's break this all down.

You think that the Pimps just sit their asses on their millions and, i dunno, ill say this out of the blue... dont reinvest into their actual studio?? You dont think they have staff to pay? The employees payroll is one of the most costly expense in a business. And there's research and developement. The Pimps also mentioned in a live stream (that you surely didnt watch since your information sourcing efforts are visibly abysmal) that they're working on another game in parallel to 7DtD. You think they finance this secret project with positive thinking only?

Obviously, most of you took my topic and train of thought wrong.

I meant no disrespect to the dev. None.

If I were not happy with the game, I would not be playing still or over 1000hrs of it or even be on this forum and recently bought my friend a copy.

My frustration is not against them or anyone, it is purely being impatient and fidgety antsy.

eager for something new and exciting after first few hours of playing time.

Some of you talking about how they are fixing this and that, making it better or what not, I guess you haven’t played any other games that the dev put new contents every now and then.

I played FFXI for 15 years, and one thing I learned is the devs learned how to lure you in and keep you there in order to pay that monthly payment, just like WoW online.

The point isn’t online, or a monthly fee is associated to it.

Just like any other game there is something called “EXPANSIONS

All these years, why this game does not have an expansion to bring new mobs in, bosses, areas where you need that coop option to invite a friend and help you discover and loot because it is just too hard to go by yourself, unless you very high level and well geared.

Every successful game has an expansion or part 2,3 …

Not just updates to make the blood look better or add 1 zombie stripper that acts and dies same way as others.

A19 and still the same core idea, yes! it has impeccable graphics, details etc.. but how many times do I have to restart the game just to get that excitement at the starting cause I have no gears and need to struggle to get some equip and a safe place to establish base or hide at night.

Just like RL anything you want to achieve, needs hard work! And once you achieve it you focus on new things and bring up a new challenge.

If you get a Million $ you don’t go to same places and drive the same car, do you?

You go to new areas, buy new cars, and discover new things. Which creates new exciting adventures.

A game is supposed to be the same concept.

If at level 1-10 I am fighting and looting same houses and mobs. Then what is the difference at level 50-100? you still fighting same mobs and loot same houses.

If at level 1-10 I have the chance of looting same item as level 50-100 then what is the excitement on that? I kill that same mobs at level 1 with 10 arrows and kill it later with 2 arrows. I still want to find mobs at lvl 100 that I need to shoot them 10x to bring them down.

As long as there is struggling in a game, it holds the key recipe for a successful game.

This game has everything you need to grow your chr and base with, but missing needs contents to use it on.

I let you guys with this train of thought and whatever the devs do or try we will play it when we bored I guess. not like we need to pay for it each month.

Honestly if this game had expansions, I would buy all of them. Instead of a hat or clay lol

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

Obviously, most of you took my topic and train of thought wrong.

I meant no disrespect to the dev. None.

If I were not happy with the game, I would not be playing still or over 1000hrs of it or even be on this forum and recently bought my friend a copy.

My frustration is not against them or anyone, it is purely being impatient and fidgety antsy.

eager for something new and exciting after first few hours of playing time.

Some of you talking about how they are fixing this and that, making it better or what not, I guess you haven’t played any other games that the dev put new contents every now and then.

I played FFXI for 15 years, and one thing I learned is the devs learned how to lure you in and keep you there in order to pay that monthly payment, just like WoW online.

The point isn’t online, or a monthly fee is associated to it.

All these years, why this game does not have an expansion to bring new mobs in, bosses, areas where you need that coop option to invite a friend and help you discover and loot because it is just too hard to go by yourself, unless you very high level and well geared.

Every successful game has an expansion or part 2,3 …

Not just updates to make the blood look better or add 1 zombie stripper that acts and dies same way as others.

A19 and still the same core idea, yes! it has impeccable graphics, details etc.. but how many times do I have to restart the game just to get that excitement at the starting cause I have no gears and need to struggle to get some equip and a safe place to establish base or hide at night.

Just like RL anything you want to achieve, needs hard work! And once you achieve it you focus on new things and bring up a new challenge.

If you get a Million $ you don’t go to same places and drive the same car, do you?

You go to new areas, buy new cars, and discover new things. Which creates new exciting adventures.

A game is supposed to be the same concept.

If at level 1-10 I am fighting and looting same houses and mobs. Then what is the difference at level 50-100? you still fighting same mobs and loot same houses.

If at level 1-10 I have the chance of looting same item as level 50-100 then what is the excitement on that? I kill that same mobs at level 1 with 10 arrows and kill it later with 2 arrows. I still want to find mobs at lvl 100 that I need to shoot them 10x to bring them down.

As long as there is struggling in a game, it holds the key recipe for a successful game.

This game has everything you need to grow your chr and base with, but missing needs contents to use it on.

I let you guys with this train of thought and whatever the devs do or try we will play it when we bored I guess. not like we need to pay for it each month.

Honestly if this game had expansions, I would buy all of them. Instead of a hat or clay lol

Ok quick math - i will make it i ZLOTY - conan excile complete edition 332,52  on sale normal price 564,38 

7dtd on sale 26,77 normal 89,99 do you see a diffrence?

But 7dtd gets maybe slower but free updates. There is no skins camo like cod warzone etc. You bought 1 time you will get 100% of content for free . 

"If at level 1-10 I am fighting and looting same houses and mobs. Then what is the difference at level 50-100? you still fighting same mobs and loot same houses."  well this is the point ? Did you watch walking dead? Maybe they found  better guns  but they still fight with zombies. They have bigger farms better bases just like 7dtd.  Well what is the diffrence?  well more feral and demo zombies on late gamestage? This forcing you to make more spikes , find better guns etc . IN dying light people get sometimes new gun , 1 more type of zombie and they  are happy .

"Every successful game has an expansion or part 2,3 …"  and skin packs, expansions are hated and divide comunity etc so  yeah maybe updates are slowly but are big and free. @Gazz  plis hire him for month and i'm sure he will change his mind - well at least can maybe help you doing something usefull like making coffee

@Roland true fan on this forum must be meme member like snowdog XD 

16 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

As it is now and has been for years it is a perfectly functional $20 game.

and divided price paid by hours played it easily makes it the cheapest game I ever had.

Plus the extreme fun included it's priceless anyway.

...minus high need of fresh underpants...priceless nevertheless

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

2 hours ago, saoron666 said:

How can they make expansions when the base game is still incomplete? This game is still in alpha development. Sure, its been there for a long time but the point is that it is still being developed. Every other game that I know of that released expansions first released a base game. 7 Days to Die will most likely have expansions once the game is done.

They probably could call it done as it is and then make the bandits and other features become expansions but then their base game would be different than what they promised for their kickstarter. So they are going to keep going as they are until the promises are fulfilled and then call that the base game and then move on to expansions after that.

48 minutes ago, Roland said:

How can they make expansions when the base game is still incomplete?

it is 8 years the game is out and still alpha.. just different versions coming out.. so why even give our thoughts and ideas when the game isnt even complete or ready or expansion ? if they working on alpha still and cant implement new contents then why even bother ?

8 years alpha... >.>

2 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

As it is now and has been for years it is a perfectly functional $20 game.

As an added bonus, I bought mine for $8 !!

Best bargain ever.

625 hours played in total.

Can't wait for the next update.

Whenever you're ready boys

Edited by Slaasher (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

it is 8 years the game is out and still alpha.. just different versions coming out.. so why even give our thoughts and ideas when the game isnt even complete or ready or expansion ? if they working on alpha still and cant implement new contents then why even bother ?

8 years alpha... >.>

8 years is not a long or uncommon time scale for a game of this depth and complexity. Not even for a larger studio. The only thing making it seems long is that we are seeing the entire process. If you can't understand that basic concept then none of it is going to make sense to you.

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

There is no skins camo like cod warzone etc. You bought 1 time you will get 100% of content for free .  :

"If at level 1-10 I am fighting and looting same houses and mobs. Then what is the difference at level 50-100? you still fighting same mobs and loot same houses."  well this is the point ? Did you watch walking dead? Maybe they found  better guns  but they still fight with zombies. They have bigger farms better bases just like 7dtd.  Well what is the diffrence?  well more feral and demo zombies 

Yes free content  because it is Alpha right? past 8 years

and yes i watched walking dead and glad you mentioned it; if you realized they started with zombies being their main problem and further they got and reached other areas they faced much greater challenge! looters, humans worst than the zombies .. all sort of groups , all looking with different purpose, you were not making a base anymore against zombies but attacks from humans and others.

it got tougher and tougher !! even with a nice base and guard watch towers it wasnt safe.

my point! why after lvl 10 or wtv it becomes so easy, same mobs same areas same ideas..

everything is right there in the game now, just need different ways to use them, 

why every house entry is same exact concept? zombie hidding in a closet or in a bedroom?

you go through 100 houses all hiding in the same area, 1 zombie in 1 closet..

why not 20 zombies, why not door shots and cant come out and 10 zombies come at you, also why no areas with pitch black inside?

so that night vision comes in handy,...

idk so much things and ideas

1 hour ago, Roland said:

How can they make expansions when the base game is still incomplete? This game is still in alpha development. Sure, its been there for a long time but the point is that it is still being developed. Every other game that I know of that released expansions first released a base game. 7 Days to Die will most likely have expansions once the game is done.

They probably could call it done as it is and then make the bandits and other features become expansions but then their base game would be different than what they promised for their kickstarter. So they are going to keep going as they are until the promises are fulfilled and then call that the base game and then move on to expansions after that.

Well ark and conan gets " expansion" being still in beta so actually this can be do but comunity hate this