Feedback

saoron666

3 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

8 years is not a long or uncommon time scale for a game of this depth and complexity. Not even for a larger studio. The only thing making it seems long is that we are seeing the entire process. If you can't understand that basic concept then none of it is going to make sense to you.

there are games with far more greater complexity out there and giant maps that doesn't run with same concept from start to end.

or same mobs going N,S,E,O ..but what do i know.. i dont own a studio but i am a gamer..

i dont build cars either but i drive one..

funny thing i said cars.. even in car industry they do changes every year and change the car completely every 5 year..

2 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

Yes free content  because it is Alpha right? past 8 years

and yes i watched walking dead and glad you mentioned it; if you realized they started with zombies being their main problem and further they got and reached other areas they faced much greater challenge! looters, humans worst than the zombies .. all sort of groups , all looking with different purpose, you were not making a base anymore against zombies but attacks from humans and others.

it got tougher and tougher !! even with a nice base and guard watch towers it wasnt safe.

my point! why after lvl 10 or wtv it becomes so easy, same mobs same areas same ideas..

everything is right there in the game now, just need different ways to use them, 

why every house entry is same exact concept? zombie hidding in a closet or in a bedroom?

you go through 100 houses all hiding in the same area, 1 zombie in 1 closet..

why not 20 zombies, why not door shots and cant come out and 10 zombies come at you, also why no areas with pitch black inside?

so that night vision comes in handy,...

idk so much things and ideas

Well "special" zombies in walking dead - riot police in prison , drowned on farm , metal on scrapyard. That was all .  Eh XD nope challnge was this same but they lose people prison etc. So challenge were this same, only less resources. And you misstake a lvl with gamestage. You if die 3 time per day you can have 20 lvl and weak zombie. After some gamestage is more dogs , zombie bears ,feral more zombie soldiers in blood moon. And btw this is normal you will find this same zombies in this same buldings - in miltary base are zombie soldiers and hazmat - well this is logical because there were soldiers and docs,  in strip club you find stipper zombie and biker etc. and not every house have this same concept for example you can find a entry to bunker with soldiers. Ofc most of them looks this same because what do you expect in house?  just normal civilan zombies

3 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

there are games with far more greater complexity out there and giant maps that doesn't run with same concept from start to end.

or same mobs going N,S,E,O ..but what do i know.. i dont own a studio but i am a gamer..

funny thing i said cars.. even in car industry they do changes every year and change the car completely every 5 year..

Well there same mobs is good in this type of game - i hate dogs and manglers in cod,  vultures in 7dtd , toads in dying light . Well  okay manglers suits for cod because alternative history , vultures in 7dtd because animals can be infected too,  toads are stupid but they wanted to create challenge but i don't like this idea because i prefere zombies like walkind dead - only diffrence is weight hight and clothes

23 hours ago, saoron666 said:

Yep, as I said, None of it makes sense to you.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:49 PM, saoron666 said:

I build cars (or at least I work for a major automotive maker) so I thought this was interesting.

I am sure TFP could release a game in 6 years or less if they had the same capital and resources that carmakers have.  However, comparing them to a car manufacturer like Honda or GM is not very fair since the scales are not the same.

It may seem like 6 years that the vehicle makers are introducing new models, but the research and development starts earlier than that.  We are researching new technologies to go into vehicles 6+ years out.

Also, I don't know many carmakers out there that let you drive their vehicles while they are still in development  😉

23 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

It may seem like 6 years that the vehicle makers are introducing new models, but the research and development starts earlier than that.  We are researching new technologies to go into vehicles 6+ years out.

Yep, that illustrates the point very well. We just don't see the behind the scenes time. Same as with non early release games, it takes years before we see any of it. People have a hard time grasping that concept tho.

49 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yep, that illustrates the point very well. We just don't see the behind the scenes time. Same as with non early release games, it takes years before we see any of it. People have a hard time grasping that concept tho.

Btw the most annoying in saoron666  posts  is that he just complaing "more cars zombie" bla bla bla any usefull sugestions like - " put it into gold  after add bandit and focus on create sequel which allow to fix so problems and change some bad working concept" .  Nope he is just compaling and this is most annoying . Well i  want to be more zombie variants but i trying to do is in constuctive way like - zombie describtiions how it could work ( i wish i could do more but because i have problem with eye i can't make concept arts xd)

quick calculation. I paid for this game 10£. i played over 1.8k hours. which means that and hour of game cost me 0.006£ - going for a walk is more expensive due to using durability of my shoes. 

For me this game can be in Alpha for another 20 years and just from time to time get new update with new features and endless mods xD

On 5/6/2021 at 2:41 AM, Diragor said:

Just play some other games until the next alpha comes out. many players does that. Coming every alpha, looking whats new and play until they reached endgame where you're like completely save^^

You know what people say, If you force a fart it becomes sh*t. So don't force TFP to do things faster. Don't take it like I want to say 7D2D is a fart xD it's a great game and I bet the next game they are working on will be a lot of fun too.

I did stop and play other games and come back hoping there is something NEW! NEW as in new areas, new tough mobs, bosses, vehicles etc..

Last night i was playing this and my gf saw a zombie bear and she like OMG whats that?! i was so happy i thought its actually some nasty mutated mob that will kill both of us or we run away.. but was just the same old ass bear ... funny thing she's like oh its just a bear...

thats what i am trying to say in this forum but they just dont get it.. they think im just @%$#ed or a hater lol the game needs some major tough special mobs. not just random mobs in the same mob group..

same mob outside on the street is inside the buildings..  

On 5/31/2021 at 6:32 PM, Grinding.Jake said:

quick calculation. I paid for this game 10£. i played over 1.8k hours. which means that and hour of game cost me 0.006£ - going for a walk is more expensive due to using durability of my shoes. 

For me this game can be in Alpha for another 20 years and just from time to time get new update with new features and endless mods xD

even if you start walking more in those shoes you will have to change them sooner or later..

a little update wont make them new..

not cause you polish that shoe that it will be as new.. so they need some major updates and implement BOSS's, tougher mobs, special mobs. which drop special loot also..

it will give it that extra spice to it you know!

On 5/31/2021 at 2:34 PM, Matt115 said:

Btw the most annoying in saoron666  posts  is that he just complaing "more cars zombie" bla bla bla any usefull sugestions like - " put it into gold  after add bandit and focus on create sequel which allow to fix so problems and change some bad working concept" .  Nope he is just compaling and this is most annoying . Well i  want to be more zombie variants but i trying to do is in constuctive way like - zombie describtiions how it could work ( i wish i could do more but because i have problem with eye i can't make concept arts xd)

not trying to be annoying lol and usually ppl that are annoying is because they like something so much they want more haha

i just want more challenges in this game cause i enjoy playing it.

When you do martial arts, you don't just  keep throwing the same punches and kicks over and over and say you been doing this for 10000 hours do you?

you go up in belts, you learn different challenging technics, you become better and better and learn even how to use weapons and master them.

that is what keeps sports interesting and challenging, trust me if any martial art class was as repetitive as this then you would quit very fast.

i have given description of type of mobs, i asked for special tough boss's, mobs, rare drops and loots, the idea is simple! just like ANY other game out there.

you see this game has features that none other has, but all the others have features that will make this game one of a kind.

My Frustration is the key of succession. not here to break anyone's balls or denigrate the job being done. I support this game and especially the fonder.

All my respect towards him.

and only blabla i see is you doing so, so if you got nothing good to say then dont say nothing at all.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:37 PM, JCrook1028 said:

cause there is no behind the scene... they still trying to bring out 1 mod for the vehicles.. lol

On 5/30/2021 at 2:06 PM, BFT2020 said:

Also, I don't know many carmakers out there that let you drive their vehicles while they are still in development  😉

Look at the Cybertruck from Tesla! no price yet, not ready yet, in development still, ready to come out in 2-3 years maybe ... but still there is a few of them out there and Jay Leno got to drive one also..and Elon Musk brought it on stage to show it. that's how you show your clients and customers we are working to give you something soon..

i actually left the deposit on it ..

they show what's called " There is Hope" wait and see.... so idk what car maker company you work ..

40 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

even if you start walking more in those shoes you will have to change them sooner or later..

a little update wont make them new..

not cause you polish that shoe that it will be as new.. so they need some major updates and implement BOSS's, tougher mobs, special mobs. which drop special loot also..

it will give it that extra spice to it you know!

Shoes might not be good example in what i was trying to show (even though good taking care of shoes can extend their life).

Let me try to find different example. More virtual (as game is more virtual than shoes).

You go to cinema, you pay 15$ for a ticket, you go in and enjoy the entertainment for two hours. You just paid 15$ for 2 hours of entertainment.

I paid 15% for almost 2k hours of entertainment.

When move finish you will not go to the counter and say "hey, i paid 15% i want this move to get twice as long, not just two hours" - but they will not even let you go back to watch it second time.

With a game - you can play how many times you want.

But let say in cinema they will let you watch it how many times you want - after 100 times you will now every detail of that movie, every scene. You will not go to the counter and say "i want this movie to be changed cause i got bored" - they will say, buy another ticket for different movie.

In here is the same - buy another game xD

I hope that will demonstrate better that even though i agree with improvements of the game, and would love to see new content i will not "go to the counter" and ask for something else, i already been treated better than in that cinema and got 1000x more fun than going to that movie. 

47 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

not here to break anyone's balls or denigrate the job being done. I support this game and especially the fonder.

Well that's good, because dismissing the developers' work really makes it hard to take your argument seri...

47 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

cause there is no behind the scene... they still trying to bring out 1 mod for the vehicles.. lol

Oh, never mind.

In any case, here's some behind the scenes. And here is a list of updates and changes. And here. Also here. Here, here, and here as well. But devs never tell us what they're working on, right? Except when they do. Or that other time they did. Yeah, but they don't really want our ideas, except for the place they specifically set aside for it.

Have you considered running an overhaul mod? Maybe that would give you the new hotness you seek.

54 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

not trying to be annoying lol and usually ppl that are annoying is because they like something so much they want more haha

i just want more challenges in this game cause i enjoy playing it.

When you do martial arts, you don't just  keep throwing the same punches and kicks over and over and say you been doing this for 10000 hours do you?

you go up in belts, you learn different challenging technics, you become better and better and learn even how to use weapons and master them.

that is what keeps sports interesting and challenging, trust me if any martial art class was as repetitive as this then you would quit very fast.

i have given description of type of mobs, i asked for special tough boss's, mobs, rare drops and loots, the idea is simple! just like ANY other game out there.

you see this game has features that none other has, but all the others have features that will make this game one of a kind.

My Frustration is the key of succession. not here to break anyone's balls or denigrate the job being done. I support this game and especially the fonder.

and only blabla i see is you doing so, so if you got nothing good to say then dont say nothing at all.

Look at the Cybertruck from Tesla! no price yet, not ready yet, in development still, ready to come out in 2-3 years maybe ... but still there is a few of them out there and Jay Leno got to drive one also..and Elon Musk brought it on stage to show it. that's how you show your clients and customers we are working to give you something soon..

they show what's called " There is Hope" wait and see.... so idk what car maker company you work ..

Yeez it could work in dunno mortal kombat : characters get more experience so they are harder.  More challenge? yeah.  

But normal zombie if is killed per 1 shot it should be still killed by one shot ( well this kinda stupid in resident evil that pistols don't one shot kiling but i understand it as game mechanic.

Ok you can put armor zombie like riot zombies in Prison or cities - for example 1 armored per 20 zombie right?  So it could looks stupid if every zombie was dead riot police right? XD 

And for example - zombies in cod waw are getting stronger but it  was 2008 so it was limit 32 zombie on 1 time to keep game stabile but it looks stupid when zombie survived  10 shots in head.

It setting in something beetwen walking dead and days gone :  how many zombie you see in walking dead? 1 type some of them only have armor that's all . Days gone? normal kid heavy and zombie animals - this is small number but there is a lot of them right. And one more thing 7dtd was putted on steam in 2013 so it means it must be compatbile with computer from 2013 . So yeah in 7dtd 2 they can put 1000+ zombie hordes but not now , get it?

People making big fortress  skyscrapers etc and are happy. 

So it is good -  every horde is stronger - more radioactive , feral, demo, dogs  right? and still you can one hit kill normal zombie and that;s is cool

Btw new bosses needs textures and models - 2-3 weeks of working , programming? 3-4  So it is rly slow but it is good quality . That's why they spend so much time creating bandits. 

if you think you can do it faster ok. Make 5 good quality models  like new fat coop and programing it ok? 

Using this logic why do you wear shoes? going barefoot is more challenging - country easy , small city bigger challenge and biggest  cities likeNY is a boss .

Ofc  you can this is your choice - but if someone want wear shoes why you trying to change it? 

People likes 7dtd as it as. IF you want challenge make topic like "7dtd 2" and what do you what how you would see another 7dtd but this 7dts is designed this way people like it so let be it in this way. If they don't wanted to be in this way people woudn't play this game or it was changed  a long time ago . You you hate it you can downland or make your own mod or go play in rust or something you want

57 minutes ago, Grinding.Jake said:

Shoes might not be good example in what i was trying to show (even though good taking care of shoes can extend their life).

Let me try to find different example. More virtual (as game is more virtual than shoes).

You go to cinema, you pay 15$ for a ticket, you go in and enjoy the entertainment for two hours. You just paid 15$ for 2 hours of entertainment.

I paid 15% for almost 2k hours of entertainment.

When move finish you will not go to the counter and say "hey, i paid 15% i want this move to get twice as long, not just two hours" - but they will not even let you go back to watch it second time.

With a game - you can play how many times you want.

But let say in cinema they will let you watch it how many times you want - after 100 times you will now every detail of that movie, every scene. You will not go to the counter and say "i want this movie to be changed cause i got bored" - they will say, buy another ticket for different movie.

In here is the same - buy another game xD

I hope that will demonstrate better that even though i agree with improvements of the game, and would love to see new content i will not "go to the counter" and ask for something else, i already been treated better than in that cinema and got 1000x more fun than going to that movie. 

Well shoes can be good idea too - well going barefoot can be a challenge ( dunno diablo on nightmare ) , some people want to just walk somewhere ( typical fps) or drive somewhere using a car ( minecraft). Ofc  stats of enemies can be "putted" with every day put it could be stupid -like zombie can survive 5 shots in head with shotgun- that why i hate the division - normal people can survive 10 shots in head - this game trying to be realistic . I accept it in bordelands but in some games it is just stupid

16 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well shoes can be good idea too - well going barefoot can be a challenge ( dunno diablo on nightmare ) , some people want to just walk somewhere ( typical fps) or drive somewhere using a car ( minecraft). Ofc  stats of enemies can be "putted" with every day put it could be stupid -like zombie can survive 5 shots in head with shotgun- that why i hate the division - normal people can survive 10 shots in head - this game trying to be realistic . I accept it in bordelands but in some games it is just stupid

I was trying to show that this game for me already exceeded expectations comparing to the price but your explanation is so much better man. I love it.😃

4 minutes ago, Grinding.Jake said:

I was trying to show that this game for me already exceeded expectations comparing to the price but your explanation is so much better man. I love it.😃

Thx , well he focused not about challenge. Well for me if minecraft don't get  dragon , pillagers etc could be still played because it allow to make pc , London , paris etc so challeged don't mean if it is still playlible or not , Day of ddays is almost granade spaming game but people play it still .  l4d2 have this same challenge on every map ( in theoretical - sometime witch can respawn in doors or in empty room but still its works)

16 hours ago, Matt115 said:

7dtd was putted on steam in 2013 so it means it must be compatbile with computer from 2013 . So yeah in 7dtd 2 they can put 1000+ zombie hordes but not now , get it? today everyone has better computers and fast internet service.. the games development should not limit itself with the slow percentage rate of ppl with slow pc's..and that is why in the options you can chose all video settings to give you a better experience with your pc setup.

Btw new bosses needs textures and models - 2-3 weeks of working , programming? It is a MUST to put special mobs in this game

That's why they spend so much time creating bandits.  it would be AMAZING having also human like enemies, bandits would change the game entirely! it would be perfect. they have their own settlement where you can do raids for loots.

1 hour ago, saoron666 said:

1. Rules are rules if you put minimal setting in 2013 it must work on it right still ? No matter what . This part of deal with Valve if you put  game on steam and it is avalible to buy and play ( but if you buy preorder setting can be changed) so it can be changed . So they are still very limited xd .

2. Now we have screamer and demo . It will be more of them in maybe A21 or A22

3. Yep 

18 hours ago, Boidster said:

Well that's good, because dismissing the developers' work really makes it hard to take your argument seri...

Oh, never mind.

In any case, here's some behind the scenes. And here is a list of updates and changes. And here. Also here. Here, here, and here as well. But devs never tell us what they're working on, right? Except when they do. Or that other time they did. Yeah, but they don't really want our ideas, except for the place they specifically set aside for it.

Have you considered running an overhaul mod? Maybe that would give you the new hotness you seek.

Thx, I checked them all, it seems all the good stuffs or major changes are moving to A21 + 

so I would say another 2 years..

and none of them has any implementations on bosses, bandits, giant mutated zombies or anything to give you specific locations to go to and find something hard to kill at lvl 50+ let's say.. 

I just figured when you build your base, work hard to make it strong and get good wpns and vehicles , you can then prepare a journey to go loot and discover these hard, harsh environment areas where survivability becomes another challenge at higher levels.

none of those will take place anytime soon I guess or ever..

I will just stop coming on the forum and bug everyone with these hopes and dreams.. after looking at all the videos you pointed out there is nothing on that.

and A21 is long far when updates comes out by .1 every here and there..

3 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

Thx, I checked them all, it seems all the good stuffs or major changes are moving to A21 + 

and none of them has any implementations on bosses, bandits, giant mutated zombies or anything to give you specific locations to go to and find something hard to kill at lvl 50+ let's say.. 

I just figured when you build your base, work hard to make it strong and get good wpns and vehicles , you can then prepare a journey to go loot and discover these hard, harsh environment areas where survivability becomes another challenge at higher levels.

I will just stop coming on the forum and bug everyone with these hopes and dreams.. after looking at all the videos you pointed out there is nothing on that.

1 nah , 21 will in december 

there  planned to add gigant zombie but it doesn't suit to 7dtd.  And 7dtd in not connected with level but gamestage - you can be on 30+ and you can have dogs  and you can be on 30+ and have demo ,ferals etc - it depends on your stuff and how offten do you dying so don't watch on you level but on your gamestage  /

44 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

I take it you haven't read the post where (madmole?) Replied to a comment that said: "will you guys allow the modding community to help you make and program the bandits?" To which, said person got a reply of "omg LOL"

Honestly, you had me in the part of a level 1-10 looting a house, will get less loot than a level 50-100. And i also like the boss zombie, if the infection really is from a human made virus, like in Days Gone, they're pumping 1000mg of different drugs into these things in order to see what they mutate into. Cool story and interesting POIs. Would fit quite well into Skyscraper_02.

But moving forward from that, have you checked any of the previous alphas? A16 quite literally, had bandits in the spawn menu that screamed "YOU @%$#ER" and "I'm gonna get you!". They had melee and ranged, you are more than free to get a16 and look at it for yourself.

Also, they are working on fixing issues with bandits having 100% accuracy and other AI issues. So add a new game, and having to program this one, and think of ideas and artwork, then test to make sure the community can use them, and hire some Unity devs to work alongside them, and use hardware from 2013, and work with new code from a better engine.. it adds up mate.

Early access games shouldn't be for you if you're going to expect devs to cater your every need. I'm sure the modding community would be somewhat willing to help you setup your own bosses and your own goals.

Your just being irrational about the situation. I've just gotten into modding and these devs may seem like they're slow, but they're good at what they do. And coding in Unity is a @%$#show. If your that unhappy with a $20ish dollar purchase, of a game in alpha, then you should avoid early access titles permanently.

Just have some fun mate and play the game. Check back in a year or 2, the criticizing and demanding is not making the game work any faster or making the devs wave magical dust on their fingers to type TRIPLE THE WORDS PER MINUTE. It takes time.

Edited by Darklegend222
added the word accuracy. (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Rules are rules if you put minimal setting in 2013 it must work on it right still ? No matter what . This part of deal with Valve if you put  game on steam and it is avalible to buy and play ( but if you buy preorder setting can be changed) so it can be changed . So they are still very limited xd

This is incorrect. TFP has adjusted (upward) the minimum required and recommended specs on the Steam page at least two times over the past 7 years. The game today will not run at all using the posted specs on Steam from 2013. The Valve rule you are assuming exists....doesn't.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

21 hours ago, saoron666 said:

I work in the electrification department at General Motors, so not exactly a small car maker.

The 2-3 years you mentioned is when the vehicle is in the final stages of being released, this doesn't include all the time prior in developing all of the subsystems necessary for the production of the Cybertruck.  When it was revealed in 2019, all of the engineering work and development work was completed.  At that point, they were working on final validation of the vehicle and setting up a production facility to start in 2021 (likely end of 2021 but mostly will be mass produced around 2022 when they get the line up to full production).  If you were to use the same development cycle of games to the Cybertruck, the working vehicles demonstrated would be in the Beta stage, not in the Alpha stage.  The ones that are out there are being used for final validation (being tested by Tesla employee's) and marketing.  Everyone that has pre-ordered the truck, not a single customer has one and driving it today.

TFP has done exactly that (show your clients what you are working on with the various Alphas we have been able to play along with constant communication out from the development team on upcoming changes and where they are at with it) what you are saying Tesla is doing, except allowing customers to play the game during the Alpha development as soon as they had their first working Alpha.

Tesla is so stingy. They should have let me keep an early development model in my garage all this time. That way I could send them weekly emails informing them that the hunk of metal in my garage is STILL not drivable...

45 minutes ago, Roland said:

This is incorrect. TFP has adjusted (upward) the minimum required and recommended specs on the Steam page at least two times over the past 7 years. The game today will not run at all using the posted specs on Steam from 2013. The Valve rule you are assuming exists....doesn't.

what the?  i remember something like that in the past o.0   i was sure about that , that's same with banned symbols in this new polish fps ( i forget in name)

A lot of studios use Early Access for marketing rather than actual alpha stage public development. Their almost finished titles are in EA for less than a year and play pretty well. The company irons out the remaining bugs that emerge from allowing a much larger group play the game, polish things up, and release the game with the same spec requirements that were first posted because it essentially is the same exact game.

TFP could've followed the same route. None of us would have been playing it these past years. All of the past 7 years would have been private development time and Alpha 20 would be the first Early Access release. So, you have to ask yourself whether being able to play and witness the actual development of a game from early stages to the end has been enjoyable and worth the price of the back stage pass. For me, it was $30 back in December of 2013 and I've enjoyed the entire ride. There was a one month period of time during A9 where I couldn't load the game but other than that its been great.

I believe that A20 is going to be the point at which this game resembles what a lot of other games resemble in Early Access because other studios don't want the issues and toxicity that comes from the public playing an early prototype and expecting perfection.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Hi OP,

I can understand your point of view and hope you can find something new in the game to entertain you or at the very least keep circling back to check on the game every alpha release.  Although the wait can be excruciating, I hope you find it worth it when it does arrive.

I myself started with 7d2d around alpha 6.  I often have looked back through the years to see what has kept me coming back for more. 

1st and foremost, there is still no other game out on the market that does a better voxel/RPG/Survival/Builder/TD game.

The ability to create your own POIs/worlds/mods to play has been the most important feature to me and has easily consumed more than 50% of my 2000+ game hours.

If you haven't looked into any of these activities, you should as it can help with the wait.

Lastly, 7d2d development is very much all about the journey and not the destination.  Every Alpha brings a host of new changes which challenges players to see if they have the ability to adapt and survive as long as possible again.  

*Cough* (Does best Mamdole impersonation) "A20 will be the best alpha yet..." 😅