A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

5 minutes ago, Grapejuice said:

I remember this game, sad ya'll dont care about your console players anymore 

Not so much don't care and more like the company they were doing the console port with died. Which naturally creates a lot of issues of continuing support for something when said company responsible for most of that support no longer exists. Especially when you consider all the time and money that it costed them to ensure that a future console port would even be possible. Also that the Fun Pimps are not a console gaming company and lack the ability to develop, maintain, and update one. So they would need to risk tons of money and time to partner with a new company that may very well go belly up as well landing them back at square one again.

In other words it makes no sense for them to even think of a nother console update or port until the game has gone gold  and no longer needs updates.

you cant mix the books to get a set bonus and the gear should not let you either... but i dont make the decisions. but that seems like the fair trade off, mix them all you want but to get the bonus, it has to be a set. wow does it that way as well. :) sorry if people disagree with me but it is what it is and its my opinion.

if ya wanna step outside and fight about it, then go ahead and i will meet you out there.

my point (hoping it wasnt taken wrong) was, people asking or wanting to use different pieces from the different sets would still give a set bonus. this is what i was leading to. its not we are trying to discourage anybody because you can mix the sets.. but the bonus is from a complete set just like reading the books. :)

37 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

my point (hoping it wasnt taken wrong) was, people asking or wanting to use different pieces from the different sets would still give a set bonus. this is what i was leading to. its not we are trying to discourage anybody because you can mix the sets.. but the bonus is from a complete set just like reading the books. :)

You mean a piece bonus, right?  Each piece would still give their own bonuses If they were mixed but the set bonus would not be awarded unless all pieces from that set were being worn. 

@Roland each piece has its own stats yes... we are talking set bonus as joel talked about, if you find entire set (just like the books), you then get a set bonus on top of what you have.

people are probably wanting the set bonus while mixing the pieces which i disagree with... finding and completing the set should have a goal and it will.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

You mean a piece bonus, right?  Each piece would still give their own bonuses If they were mixed but the set bonus would not be awarded unless all pieces from that set were being worn. 

1 minute ago, unholyjoe said:

@Roland each piece has its own stats yes... we are talking set bonus as joel talked about, if you find entire set (just like the books), you then get a set bonus on top of what you have.

people are probably wanting the set bonus while mixing the pieces which i disagree with... finding and completing the set should have a goal and it will.

How about a compromise? A small percent of the bonus per item, then a significant bonus if a full set? Everyone's happy.

Someone mentioned radiation mods for resistance, does that mean the rad suit is coming back?  Its one outfit i miss cause it was such a milestone to complete the set lol, if its still in the game its damn rare, but with that will we have rad zones or would it simply help with defence against glowing zombies or cop bile?

12 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Someone mentioned radiation mods for resistance, does that mean the rad suit is coming back?  Its one outfit i miss cause it was such a milestone to complete the set lol, if its still in the game its damn rare, but with that will we have rad zones or would it simply help with defence against glowing zombies or cop bile?

Screen cap by @Adam the Waster from the stream on the 28th of Oct. It is the current concept for one of the outfits that are planned to make use of the new character system coming in A20.

1368540209_2020-10-28(15).thumb.png.ba3143e3371f0ef83dbb379a49f05019.png

@madmole and @Gazz both confirmed that when/if rad zones are put in, Wasteland is likely to be radiated, there will be mods for outfits similar to the current cooling mesh and thermal lining that will affect rad resistance.

2 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Screen cap by @Adam the Waster from the stream on the 28th of Oct. It is the current concept for one of the outfits that are planned to make use of the new character system coming in A20.

1368540209_2020-10-28(15).thumb.png.ba3143e3371f0ef83dbb379a49f05019.png

@madmole and @Gazz both confirmed that when/if rad zones are put in, Wasteland is likely to be radiated, there will be mods for outfits similar to the current cooling mesh and thermal lining that will affect rad resistance.

I haven't gotten to watch the stream yet, lol, but that looks amazing, and seeing how different pieces give different bonuses as well as a full set bonus, im loving that detail, thank you for the screenshot, i so cannot wait to see what else is in store, even if its early stage sketches

With the passive radiation hazard being considered, how about if we could build a powered cleansing device to open up a practical way to build bases in the Wasteland? I'd love the idea of making maps that are mostly or entirely wasteland and you need to keep purification stations fueled and powered to survive that creeping death. Could have air purifiers that nullify the radiation effect and expensive Detox stations that cure rad sickness at an accelerated or instant rate. Requiring power would keep them limited but could create a whole new flavor of gameplay.

21 hours ago, Roland said:

If scheduling is proving so hard, why not let the community help out with the baby sitting, errand running, and cleaning? Surely there is some calendar or spreadsheet that can be released, or some projected date that we can help brainstorm around.

Guys, we heard a man of his word. Roland is the first volunteer...

9 hours ago, Roland said:

Different games do set boni differently.

Sometimes there is only one bonus for completion, sometimes every piece you add increments the set bonus amount/type.

12 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

вы не идете на компромисс с книгами и бонусами, а другие игры, в которых есть наборы бонусов, не допускают бонусов на смешанные наборы. :)

как я уже сказал, я не принимаю дизайнерских решений, поэтому мы должны подождать и посмотреть, что произойдет :)

It could be some secret bonuses, dispatch bonuses and so on.
For example, with a certain set of clothes, a character could fall on hay from any height without taking damage 😃
It would be cool if, in addition to the existing sets with a description, there were such sets that players could open completely by accident.
This would generate a lot of discussion, speculation and legends on the forums and on Steam... but only if it was not in the clear in xml.
Just reasoning 😃

3 minutes ago, beHypE said:

Well yeah, reading the official list of planned changes completely changed my mind on what I wrote on page 2. Alpha 20 looks amazing, moreso than A19 for my taste since A19 brought more eye candy and the loot progression was a fun killer. Hope the changes to that will be good. 

Damn I'm hyped! 😍 I know no dates, ready when it's ready etc... But earlier this year there were talks of A20 being a late 2020 update, is that still a possibility or is the A20 update way more ambitious than initially planned? 

They are trying something new and will release A21 before A20. They found out backtracking is a lot easier.

Seriously, MM already said A20 would have more features and the time till end-of-year too short. Look at the feature list and you wouldn't believe him anyway if he said they were targetting December 😉