A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

On 10/3/2020 at 7:52 PM, MechanicalLens said:

Agreed. Moldy Bread just feels like a filler crafting recipe. It should take 10-20 old sham sandwiches to craft an antibiotic (depending on the workstation you're using) and just ditch moldy bread altogether. Thoughts @madmole?

I like having both in the game, the sandwiches are good emergency food. And finding a moldy bread is like hitting the jackpot.

Anyone know if there's any planned use for snowberries in the future?  They really made them pointless once they were taken out of the yucca smoothie recipe, and just curious why they're still a thing when basically pointless now.

2 hours ago, Jecks said:

Anyone know if there's any planned use for snowberries in the future?  They really made them pointless once they were taken out of the yucca smoothie recipe, and just curious why they're still a thing when basically pointless now.

Great early food if you spawn on the edge of the snow biome. Dip in to the snowy area and gather a bunch to keep you topped up till you can get some meat or more canned goods.

10 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Wow this thread is a muddled mess of disconnected conversations and random thoughts. :D 

Of course since it's the reject dumping ground for the dev diary thread for all of us to have fun in while waiting for A20 news.

6 hours ago, Jecks said:

As it stands now they are great early game when you are on foot. Smack em as you run and munch away. Yea only 1 food per but grabbing a free 20-30 food a day makes a difference early game. Snow biome that 20-30 turns into 100....

52 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

As it stands now they are great early game when you are on foot. Smack em as you run and munch away. Yea only 1 food per but grabbing a free 20-30 food a day makes a difference early game. Snow biome that 20-30 turns into 100....

More like 5-10 and the snow biome turns it into 30-50. Outside the snow biome they're really not worth burning the stamina, and thus food and water reserve, on harvesting them. Thus why I said if a player spawns on the edge of the snow biome. Too sparse elsewhere to merit the time.

15 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Wow this thread is a muddled mess of disconnected conversations and random thoughts. :D 

Yeah, because whatever is considered "off subject" is moved from the A19 Dev Diary to here (A19 Diary Discussion)... We're not worthy!

So the Buried Treasure perk increases the quantity of loot in buried chests, yes? Well, I've found that it doesn't count for T1 buried supplies. 😕

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Let them work on the basics of the new system, there's always time for bugs/exploits later... 😉

Come on, the infinite water exploit has been around for so long it'd might as well be declared a feature at this point. ;)

5 hours ago, The Gronk said:

Utterly fantastic!  We've been waiting for a decent overhaul since the water physics were crippled to prevent base flooding exploits, speaking of which...

Are you aiming for volumetric water, in the sense that I can carve a canal from a lake at the top of a hill and drain some of the water into a moat around my base?

That would be awesome!

It reminds me of an old saying people in construction would say about Plumbers.

"If you want to be a good plumber you only need to learn 3 simple rules"

1- @%$# don't run uphill

2- Never bite your fingernails

3- Payday's on Friday

27 minutes ago, BobbyLee298 said:

@faatal a question about water, is it going to flow?

say you dig a hole and you make a trench to a pond with the water travel and fill up that hole while lowering the water level in the pond?

just curious to see what you guys are aiming to do, even tho the water development just started

I highly doubt that. I believe madmole stated at one point that such a feature would result in players griefing each other with massive amounts of water.

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I highly doubt that. I believe madmole stated at one point that such a feature would result in players griefing each other with massive amounts of water.

If the physics are done right (if im correct) 1 block off water should only spread out evenly in a players bace if raided, and should only beable to fill up 1 block of water. To fill a players bace it should take buckets to do that. Say it has 40 blocks of volume that should take 40 buckets to fill.

So i dont think griefing would be too much of a problem i mean just use a stick of dynamite if you want to do permanent damage. But thats just my opinion.

But i got no clue how they plan to execute water anyway.

33 minutes ago, BobbyLee298 said:

If the physics are done right (if im correct) 1 block off water should only spread out evenly in a players bace if raided, and should only beable to fill up 1 block of water. To fill a players bace it should take buckets to do that. Say it has 40 blocks of volume that should take 40 buckets to fill.

So i dont think griefing would be too much of a problem i mean just use a stick of dynamite if you want to do permanent damage. But thats just my opinion.

But i got no clue how they plan to execute water anyway.

Never underestimate the dedication of trolls and griefers.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, hiemfire said:

More like 5-10 and the snow biome turns it into 30-50. Outside the snow biome they're really not worth burning the stamina, and thus food and water reserve, on harvesting them. Thus why I said if a player spawns on the edge of the snow biome. Too sparse elsewhere to merit the time.

I'll just say your experience is different than mine then.

Since this is still A19, question for anyone really. On every seed thus far it seems as if pigs and deer are kind of rare. Chicken and rabbits are common as well as bears and wolves. We get most of our meat from bears and wolves. In our current seed, 1 deer and no pigs except for poi pigs on day 56. We travel a lot with 8 traders marked so I expected to see more pigs and deer with that much map opened up. Anyone else experiencing this? Just curious.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Space4Ace said:

Yeah, because whatever is considered "off subject" is moved from the A19 Dev Diary to here (A19 Diary Discussion)... We're not worthy!

You're worthy as long as you are conversing directly with the devs. Discussing issues and topics amongst ourselves is just a bunch of noise that the devs have to read through. Plus most people when they ask Madmole a question and then get answered by Space4Ace, MechanicalLens, Roland, Hiemfire, Adam, and then hit on by Snowdog...well lets just say I don't think they care much if all those responses are removed so that the person they were addressing has a better chance of seeing their question and answering it himself... ;)